Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

He's one of the few people that left WWE and came back a lot bigger star.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Watched Undertaker's HOF induction and did not shed a single tear.

.......just kidding.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot watching it:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Good for Cody, he seems to have negotiated himself a contract where they've agreed to a lot of things. I won't be surprised if this opens the door to AEW guys and girls jumping over to WWE now, dependent on how they treat Cody. We'll see six months to a year down the line, but right now a redemption story writes itself with him taking the WWE title at next years WrestleMania. Then if/when MJF jumps to WWE that's another storyline which writes itself.

Will be interesting too whether Cody's still talking with the Bucks and Kenny and if things go to plan for Cody and him putting over how good he's being treated there would get them interested in jumping ship. As having the Elite in WWE would be a gigantic get. whilst AEW is a viable alternative for wrestling fans it's still WWE which is seen as the majors, regardless of how stagnant the shows have become over recent years.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

whether Cody's still talking with the Bucks and Kenny
Kenny says they are no longer speaking to Cody and did not talk to him past meetings about AEW the last year he was there in an interview. I'm not saying that means it is impossible for them to go to WWE, but Cody is not friends with them like he is MJF and Sammy. And even if they did go to WWE AEW would be fine now. Of course you'd prefer everyone stays, but in 3 years AEW has grown to be bigger than any one wrestler, they're a brand now.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The 4 hour Wrestlemania only had 94 minutes of actually wrestling.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Seth vs Cody was good. Owens/Austin was decent all things considered, and seeing Stone Cold wrestle again was cool. The rest was OK. Except for Ronda/Charlotte.

I was disappointed Stuart Pendis didn't make his debut.
Bandit wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:58 pm The 4 hour Wrestlemania only had 94 minutes of actually wrestling.
And they blamed New Day vs. Sheamus/Ridge Holland being cut on matches going too long.

I know they won't, but they need to go back to it being 1 night. HOF on Friday, NXT on Saturday and then a 4 hour WM on Sunday.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Yep. Too much wrestling. Exactly what happened to WCW the last few years.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The claim is Ronda was pissed off she wasn't in the main event so didn't want to work. But speaking of work, I know what Ocelot's good friend Rick Martel would say.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Cody Rhodes says he was "drifting apart" from AEW president Tony Khan.

Speaking to Ariel Helwani in an interview released on Sunday, Rhodes also said he wasn't satisfied being the gatekeeper in AEW.

"I didn't want to be a gatekeeper pro wrestler. I didn't want to be, 'okay, he's the guy at AEW that you come in and you had your first program with, your first story, whatever it may be.' That wasn't how the first year of the business went for me. I wanted to be the American Nightmare, I wanted to keep expanding and I wanted to move but also I had wrestled everybody I wanted to wrestle there, I truly had."

Rhodes also reiterated comments he made previously about not wanting to be just a "15-time TNT champ" in AEW.

"I started to get the sense that I have more for me and I've got to go get it. Dusty's not around anymore. I can't do what I originally wanted to do, win the big one and hand it to him, that dream is gone. But, is it? It's not gone, I got this other opportunity to revisit it."

Rhodes mentioned in a previous interview with Variety that there was a personal matter between him and Khan that they were unable to get past. He was asked to elaborate on this.

"Unfortunately, I can't comment on the personal matter itself. Tony Khan, who I have genuine respect for and I hope history is really kind to because he bankrolled this entire grassroots movement that was starting in ROH and then All In happened, then, of course, AEW happened and then he was able to buy that footage back. I felt like we were drifting apart," Rhodes said.

"It just genuinely felt like it was time. I can't comment on the personal nature of it but it was nothing nefarious or scandalous, just we couldn't agree. Nothing but respect for him, his family, the infrastructure there."

Rhodes stated that the personal issue between him and Khan was nothing sensational.

"I don't know if he'll ever share ultimately what went down but it was nothing crazy. It just was a rather easy decision. Hard, and hard to explain to the fans, which we didn't, and hard to explain to the talent because one week I was there and the next week Ricky Starks and QT [Marshall] are bringing in bags and getting all my stuff out of the box and making the biggest scene they possibly could instead of being discreet as I asked them to."

"I had a wonderful experience there and I feel the experience had maxed out. You never want to start getting into a situation where the love goes away."

"I know Matt, Nick, and Kenny, I don't know if they sit in circles and hate on me or talk poorly about me, I hope they wouldn't but if they don't know, I try to tell them on a regular basis, I absolutely love those guys."

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

From what I saw of the women's match, Ronda was intentionally sandbagging everything. No wizzork there.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Gable Steveson has some horrible tattoos.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Mega pop for Wee Man!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Vince is a bizarre looking old dude.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin