WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

He's another clutching at straws wanting another shot and wants to recreate the 90s again. Nostalgias cool, to a degree, but I and I'm sure we all don't want to see PG versions of stuff we already saw 20+ years ago. WWE already have Double J & Bruce so they don't really need to have anything to do with Vince Russo. AEW will hopefully avoid him too. There's guys who Cody and co can work with like Court, Don Callis and there DDP, Razor, Jake, Tony Schiavone who've been on the AEW/Nightmare family vids so they don't need Russo either.

Off topic to the current discussion but the Terry Funk banquet is really good and well worth checking out.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Cody banned him from Starrcast so he's definitely not going to AEW.

And yeah, I saw the Funk banquet in the 90s when it was on VHS. Candido was the funniest from what I remember.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

WWE Trying To Sabotage AEW!? Kenny Omega Furious & Shoots on WWE! *DELETED TWEET*

it would not surprise me if Vince was trying to sh!t all over the competition even when they do a charity thing

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

EC3 will get a main event push.

And Spud.

Claire Lynch will make her WWE debut.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

*Dave suddenly stops covering Bellator*

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

There's no way Eric is a genius.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Coker probably doesn't follow wrestling enough to know Kevin Sullivan booked the 3 big years of Nitro and thinks Bischoff did it all. He was a kickboxing promoter in the 90s so probably thought wrestling was that fake crap.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Baron looks like a giant toddler.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

And yeah, I saw the Funk banquet in the 90s when it was on VHS. Candido was the funniest from what I remember
Yea Chris was really good, did a funny Terry impersonation too. Did New Jack speak at the podium as he's edited off this video?.

I've been watching the Naitch/Terry 89 matches and I think Terry is an announcer for Starrcade 89 and appears to a babyface as the fans cheer for him whereas at the Bash and Halloween Havoc they're getting in his face and flipping him off so what was the story there?.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yes, New Jack was on the version I bought. He's on 20 minutes and is really drunk and just rambling. It was probably cut for profanity.

Terry turned babyface at the I Quit match in November when he told Ric he respected him and then Gary Hart came out with Muta and jumped him only for Ric to make the save.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:24 pm Yes, New Jack was on the version I bought. He's on 20 minutes and is really drunk and just rambling. It was probably cut for profanity.

Terry turned babyface at the I Quit match in November when he told Ric he respected him and then Gary Hart came out with Muta and jumped him only for Ric to make the save.
Thanks. Yea I'm up to the entrances of the "I Quit" match now. Saw the match years ago but since I watched the Terry banquet it's been cool to revisit his feud with Naitch again as it's one of his best in my opinion.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yes, it's one of the best heel turns ever. "LOOK AT THAT HORSE-TOOTHED, BANANA NOSED JERK!"

And he basically did the same angle with Jerry Lawler in Memphis so check that stuff out too. Funk and Lawler had such great chemistry in the ring.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Funk sold Lawler's punches better than anyone else, imo.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Man, Maria hit the jackpot. A big long term contract taking effect right when her buddy Paul Heyman gets power.

People that didn't hit the jackpot: Fans that have to watch her wrestle.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:50 am Yes, it's one of the best heel turns ever. "LOOK AT THAT HORSE-TOOTHED, BANANA NOSED JERK!"

And he basically did the same angle with Jerry Lawler in Memphis so check that stuff out too. Funk and Lawler had such great chemistry in the ring.
Thanks I'll check out the matches with Lawler, I assume they aren't on the Network since they don't own the Memphis library.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's on youtube and dailymotion. Jerry Jarrett also has a free Roku channel where he's showing Memphis stuff, but I don't know if he's doing full show episodes or just cutting up matches and promos from various stars. The Funk/Lawler feud is in spring 1981.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I've never seen something that blatantly designed just to become a meme.