WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:16 pm Mega pop for Wee Man!
I'm sure Jim Cornette loved his spots.

Also New Day went from being cut Saturday to getting a 90 second match Sunday.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I'm sure Jim loved both nights. Especially the women's matches.

Roman's arm looked legit fucked.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

:rofl2:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This is awesome

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I caught the main event on the YOO TUBE. It was a perfectly good midcard match. Sadly it was the main event. I can't wait for the next ten Wrestlemanias where Reigns and Lesnar main event at least six of them.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Great promo by Cody. The goofy shit with Seth brought it down a little.

And then there was some even goofier shit with Elias.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Elias is a drifter so he's supposed to be doing shady shit like identity fraud.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Cody's promo was very good, didn't they do something similar though for All In on 10 pounds of gold when he was going for the NWA belt?. I think they'll hotshot him beating Roman (maybe at Summerslam) as I don't think WWE nowadays could really get a longer running story (like Hangman finally winning the belt in AEW) to work.

If they do go that route (Cody winning the Rumble or MITB) then they will have to do enough to keep the fans on side. As unless they keep the buzz of him leaving AEW fresh the fans could quickly get bored and turn on him. Then the story will quickly be forgotten and he'll languish in the mid card. Same could be said for a title win too though look at how big a deal AJ Styles was when he came in and when Kofi and Big E won the belt it's now not even really referenced. So whilst I get Cody wants to win the WWE world title and he booked himself into a corner with AEW by not being able to go after the World title there I do think it would have meant more had he won the AEW World championship since he helped co-found the company.

But with that being said, WWE might surprise us and they put together a compelling story with it concluding with Cody winning the belt. Or they could do what they've done with Bron in NXT which makes little logical sense. Will be interesting to see how things plan out.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well Raw was OK for post Mania I guess, I cut it a bit more slack than normal due to all the expected mania recap type stuff, not the greatest but also not the worst. As for mania well the main thing that stood out for me was the Knoxville/Zane match which gave me a good laugh at times & left a big smile on my face, as for the rest it was either a little predictable for the most part or spoiled in advance such as Cody being all but confirmed before the match. Overall though I've seen worse shows from wwe though I do have an issue with them describing every years mania as the biggest & best ever, its gonna get to the point where they'll need the second coming to meet the hyperbole being used

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

At least Rick can say this was not as dumb as Chucky.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Young Rock had a tease for Roman vs Rock

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well Vinces storyline illegitamate son (seems to be the way its heading) is now U.S. champ, who could have seen that comin.... wait of course something like this was coming. Some minor comedy points for Owens not knowing how a lie detector works, very minor as it wasnt terrible but wasnt really that funny, mild smirks at best but at least they tried

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ha ha remember when we were excited about WWE using Bron correctly for about 2 minutes?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

:olol: Yea, could have made him the next big thing, but totally dropped the ball already. Maybe in a year or two if he joins AEW he could be a real star there. Makes you wonder how WWE have treated the Elite had they signed.

Had Hangman ride a toy horse like Chavo in WCW, Kenny would be doing a gamer gimmick where he dresses up as obscure video game characters , Bucks would doing that irritating Theory thing with the phone live blogging for BTE. Really surprised Cody went back to be honest, he actually looked pissed off the other day with Seth dancing around like a jabroni. I wonder how long before Cody is jobbed out to Veer or sent to NXT 2.0 and put in a wacky storyline there or be back as Stardust in six months time.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Jesus. His matches with Roman were ridiculously awesome in a Godzilla versus Kong Let's Destroy Fucking Everything kinda way and he was fucking over and they shit on him and had him job to BORK LESSAR in nine minutes I really hate this goddamn company.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »