WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Ocelot » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Night two of Wrestlemania as promised. I'm gonna forgive obvious edits to edit out bad calls or bad spots because while this is a weird Wrestlemania, you have to respect the fact that these guys are doing this to entertain folks given what's going on in the world. So I can be a little kind.

Stephanie's milfishness is...unsettling.

Charlotte vs Rhea Ripley (sporting new duds) - Match was rocking awesome, but the wrong person went over - and by submission no less? Bad piece of booking there to make a potential moneymaker look bad and I don't know what they're gonna do, if anything, to rehab Rhea from here. *** for a good match minus one little slip and the wrong ending, and I hope they're building something for Rhea after this to make her look even stronger because she has IT.

Alester Black vs Bobby Lashley - I don't care about this one. Fast forward.

Dolph Ziggler vs Otis - I don't care about this one either. Did we really need to pad this second show out to three and a half hours with this prelim shit?

Randy Orton vs Edge (Last Man Standing) - Long, winding match that built like an old school western. Edge's selling and facials carried the whole thing. Some will say this was probably a bit too windy and contrived, but I loved the shit out of this. ****

Some kind of hardcore thing happens and after that last match I don't really care.

Austin Theory/Angel Garcia vs Street Profits - more filler don't care god DAMN do we need all this shit?

Sasha Banks vs Lacey Evans vs Tamina vs Naomi vs Bayley - Good match, I damn near fastforwarded through it and I'm glad I didn't. Bayley is a fucking superworker. ***1/4 Betcha the eventual feud between Banks and Bayley leads to some great matches.

John Cena vs The Fiend - Uhm what? No Boneyard match, that's for sure.

Brock Lesnar vs Drew McIntyre - Drew wins. Finisher train. Shortest Wrestlemania main event ever I think. What a disappointment. *x

Night one was oodles better but I did love me that Last Man Standing match.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:08 pm

Meltzer said Charlotte beat Rhea because Vince thinks Charlotte is the key for NXT to beat AEW.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:15 pm

Also Bruce Prichard did the Bray/Cena match, not Jeremy Borash. The three behind Boneyard were HHH, Michael Hayes and Borash.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:15 pm

wel watched part 1 last night & I dunno if its the lack of crowd/scale/spectacle or what but my god it was shite, I mean Seth v KO was kinda fun after the no DQ restart, Goldberg seemed to just be there to pass the torch & retire again & as for that Boneyard match well it was probably the best thing in pt1 of Mania & it was kinda fun but I just felt the heavy hand on the WWE censors throughout saying "No you cant do that" rendering it a pale imitation of the kind of thing we saw with Broken Mat Hardy (yeah I said Broken as that gimmick only really worked at Impact, the WWE's watered down Woken one was crap in conparrison). Wonder if pt2 will be any better when I watch it later

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:52 pm

Cena/Bray was some goofy shit, but was alright.

Orton/Edge felt like it went for 2 hours.

Both the women's matches were good.

Nice to see Drew win, even though the match was nothing.

It wasn't as good as night 1 but was still OK. All things considered, they did well over both nights.

And thank fuck they spread it over 2 nights. 6+ hours straight would have been brutal.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:04 am

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:19 am

What is this boner they have for Charlotte does it just impede good sense or something?

See you at AEW in about a year or so, Rhea. They'll use you right there.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:22 am

They love Ric so love his kid. Reid probably would have gotten a push if he was half way decent. David never had any hope since he was just the shits.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:38 am

Apparently Reid was going to be the next Kurt Angle before he was found dead.

Reading Jim Ross' book and he goes into the effect Reid's death had on Ric. Just so sad.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:02 am

He could have been great. Ric's kid plus he was going to spend time in All Japan which is underrated like crazy for new great wrestlers they produced. He could have come back from Japan one helluva talent..........before WWE ruined him like everyone and he'd be Shorty G II. Or maybe he'd be his own man and Reid Flair vs Kento Miyahara would have been another Omega vs Okada series that set the world on fire (not unlike the Winnipeg Arena after Ric came there.) Plus Muta was going to make him his project, so being trained by both Ric Flair and Great Muta sounds pretty good to me.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:06 am

I watched the Cena thing. My legitimate reaction

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:46 am

That made me embarassed to have wasted my time on night 2 and to be a fan, honestly.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:13 pm

Started to watch night 1 but it just comes across as weird. I did like the clips of "America the Beautiful" interspersed together. Are there any matches worth watching?. Taker/Styles looks :olol: so I might check that out.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:08 am

Taker/Styles, the women's 5 way, and Edge/Orton were pretty sweet. You can happiily skip the rest. The Raw women's match is awesome but the finish absolutely pissed me off. And the two main events don't even add up to ten minutes of ringtime and are basically finisher sprints.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:16 am

I couldnt agree with Bandits comment on the Cena match any more, if I tried I'd hurt myself & breack the fabric of reality, now for some thoughts on the show & the following Raw (since I watched them on the same night)

wwe
mania pt 2
Alester Black v Lashley was surprisingly good fun
Otis v Ziggler was not bad
Edge v Orton was pretty good fun, though I was expecting edge to get locked in the taigate of that pick up as it had a top on it thereby making it impossible to get to his feet (mayne its just my mind coming up with that idea)
Firefily Funhouse match WTF was that? I could see them trying to channel TNA again like with the Taker match the night before but it really didnnt work & was just pointless
McIntire v Lesner a fairly fun match I guess, not all that long unfortunatly as I would have liked to see a bit more of it

raw
not much to say about Raw ifself but the look at what happened after Mania was odd in some ways, so Big Show turns up after mania ends & Drews doing an interview, says he isnt there for a title match, the match begins & is suddenly a title match? wtf? at least the commentaters got one thing right when they said he was the fist uk champ for the wwe (I seriously thought they'd try to claim he was the first anywhere given the wwe's attitude of every other company is a tiny indie even if they have tv deals in multiple countries)

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:11 am

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:28 am

"We wish you well in your future AEW endeavors."

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:50 am

Apparently they don't have a no compete clause so in theory had things been as normal they could have just shown up on Dynamite. I imagine if they do any new tapings they could still show up. But it's better I think to debut them in front of a live audience.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:02 am

anyone that paid for mania on BT Box office is gonna be pissed off this weekend, BT Sport 1 are showing it for free starting tonight with night 2 on Sunday, I mean I've already watched it anyway but if I'd missed it this would be nice, in case anyone is interested it starts at 9PM.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:57 pm

WWE statement on why they are going back live.
"We believe it is now more important than ever to provide people with a diversion from these hard times. We are producing content on a closed set with only essential personnel in attendance following appropriate guidelines while taking additional precautions to ensure the health and wellness of our performers and staff. As a brand that has been woven into the fabric of society, WWE and its Superstars bring families together and deliver a sense of hope, determination and perseverance."