All Elite Wrestling Thread (It's Wednesday...you know what that means.)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread (Fyter Fest July 1st & 8th) AEDub!

Post by Bandit »

I think the problem is they don't actually have a women's mid-card. It was all title contenders taking turns with Nyla or they were just having random matches with no angle. Britt vs Swole feels like the first angle that isn't over the title or a title shot and has a story. Well, besides the brief Goth Brandi deal they memory holed.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Agreed completely.

They need to back off on Nyla a LOT.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Kung Fu Kiss

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread [Fyter Fest part 1 TONIGHT on TNT]

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread [Fyter Fest part 1 TONIGHT on TNT]

Post by Bandit »

Cody taking a shot at NXT.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread [Fyter Fest part 2 this Wed on TNT]

Post by Big Boss Man »

Spoiler
Orange Cassidy is a cat :olol:

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Brian Pillman Jr will be on AEW Dark this week

I've also read conflicting stories regarding Brian in AEW. One is saying he granted his release from MLW, the other is that part of his deal he can work both like MJF did. Would be cool if he did a Loose Cannon 2.0 gimmick and feuded with Mox kinda like Austin/Pillman. Also if Davey Jr comes available you could reunite the Killer Elite Squad with him and Lance.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

A lot of people are trying to get out of MLW because nobody believes it can work on DAZN.

(Chasyn Rance is the Jeffrey Epstein of wrestling if you haven't heard the stories. MSL continues to be friends with him and on Konnan's podcast a few years ago he seemed to be making light of the allegations against Rance and his associates.)

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yes I've heard about Rance, unfortunately. Kenny got heat for having him on the CEOxNJPW card too but said he wasn't aware of Rance's past as a convicted sex offender. Apparently he's training a 14 year old girl now :nono:

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/06/22 ... ses-abuse/

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Kenny lived in Japan so didn't know. He immediately apologized for letting him work the dark match at the original Fyter Test pre-AEW.

Hopefully Rance will be stopped and put back in jail where he belongs. Saieve Al-Sabah says he's determined to bring Rance down and is building allies like BPJ to make it happen.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Then he needs to sign New Jack and put him on commentary instead of Ross.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread [Fight for the Fallen this Wed on TNT]

Post by Big Boss Man »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I decided to watch AEW Fight for the Fallen tonight. Let us see if I wasted my time or not.

I really like the wrestlers and backstage staff serving as the crowd, by the way.

CODY vs SONNY KISS - I liked the match overall, but there were a few clunky parts. Felt a lack of chemistry here, but the storytelling was good. I'll go **3/4

LUCHA BROS (with badass theme) vs FTR - Like six hours long. Reminded me of an indy show main event. **

JURASSIC EXPRESS vs THE ELITE - Really great match, much better than I was expected. Marko Stunt's sheer effort impressed me mightily and I'd love to see a rematch. Loving the storytelling afterwards too. ***1/2

ALLIE/BRANDI vs PAIGE/JENKINS - Peppy, energetic squash that did its job. Brandi has improved leaps and miles and Allie looked better than I was expecing too. Also, Allie's ass is Not Ba At All. Good stuff. **1/2 for the whole deal.

Trying not to comment on the non wrestling stuff but I'm liking Vickie giving Nyla a bit of help/rub here. Nice bit of character help for her. I approve of this heartily.

BRIAN CAGE vs JON MOXLEY - You better believe this match was MOTHERFUCKING GREAT! You better believe the storytelling was MOTHERFUCKING GREAT and you better believe the slow tortuous finish was VERY MOTHERFUCKING GREAT! ****

Darby Allin returns to give Cage a fresh program after losing to Moxley and I love this promotion so fucking much. Every federation needs a Jeff Hardy/Undertaker hybrid.

Just a great fucking two hours of the professional wrestling that leaves a great taste in my mouth after WWE's bullshit. I love this company.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I thought Moxley and Cage was great. Moxley never does the same match twice in AEW, so this one was more MMA style.

And the bumps Darby will take for Cage are going to be nuts.

The only thing I didn't like on the show was the Jericho Orange juice thing. That was too much like bad WWE.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

It's also a huge waste of Ortiz & Santana doing comedy skits. They should be in the top 3 of the tag division along with the Lucha Bros & FTR, plus the Bucks too.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That was very unexpected but great to see they squashed the beef and could make a joke about it all.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread [Dynamite every Wednesday on TNT]

Post by Big Boss Man »

Was thinking, could AEW do an old school Survivor Series type event with a big multi team tag match to kick it off. Also bringing back the team captain (and co-captain) then a concluding match with the Survivors of each team against each other.

Would be a good way to get almost everyone on the card too and some storyline development in terms of new faction(s) being formed, turns (having say Proud & Powerful turn face and The Bucks turn heel for example). With the amount of trios they have (Elite, Jurassic Express, Death Triangle, Best Friends etc.) a six man tag championship would also be another good addition.