All Elite Wrestling Thread (It's Wednesday...you know what that means.)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread (All-In)

Post by Bandit »

Is that Dave confirming Marvez will be doing play by play?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea, seems very likely.

Doc about Kenny from 2013.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Marvez is a risk because he's never done any commentary. He is a NFL reporter and hosts a NFL radio show. He is a big fan of wrestling and used to work for the Wrestling Observer website in the 90s and 2000s. But being a fan and calling it are different. He's mainly being hired because he's friends with Tony Khan.

Excalibur will possibly be the color commentator. He's good at play by play for PWG shows, but it would be weird to have your show's host wearing a mask. He can be like Jim Ross was as a color commentator in 1996 for Raw when Vince was still doing play by play announcing. He wasn't a heel (until the Fake Razor & Diesel angle) but wouldn't always take the babyface's side.

Jim Ross is going to be a free agent so could be involved. But I'd rather Ross be the authority figure since he hasn't been that good since he left working full time for WWE.

I don't know what Kevin Kelly's situation is. He's tired of flying to Japan so much so maybe if his deal is up he can sign with AEW so he only has to travel in the US.

But it seems Don Callis won't be involved unless Impact closes. I guess they don't consider New Japan a competitor but do AEW so won't let him work. It would be great if they could get Kelly and Calls together since they are the best announce team today.

Also Joey Janela is a good color commentator on indy shows. He's funny and he puts people over very well. So maybe he can be a wrestler commentator like Macho Man, Roddy Piper and Jerry Lawler. Especially if Janela were to retire due to his severe knee injury he should definitely be made an announcer.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Alex seemed competent enough at the Rally and ticket announcement. But calling matches is different so we'll see. I know Conrad has ruled himself out, but MJF wouldn't be heeling on him without a payoff, so maybe he is involved and isn't saying it publicly yet. Excalibur was good at the ticket announcement also and having a masked wrestler announce would be different.

With Jim, he's arguably one of the best announcers, but hearing him call New Japan like he would WWE didn't work. I think JR would be better utilised backstage in this instance now. But that being said, if it were the Mid South/WCW era Jim Ross he'd have been a great addition.

As for Don & Kevin, that would be my go to announce team since they do a great job for New Japan. But I don't think they'll be AEW announcers. There's Joey Styles, Mike Tenay, Taz, Don West available. Don would be good to sell their merch and be a backstage reporter. Joey is ECW, but outside of Kevin & Don, he'd be the number two choice.

Mike Tenay is real knowledgable about wrestling so I'd get him on board also, especially in an analyst role. He's WCW/TNA associated though and last time I heard he's out of the wrestling biz. So maybe they should go with Alex, Excalibur and Joey Janela. Or just have a two man team. Having too many voices at the table get irritating.

Ideally they need to find their own Gorilla and Jesse/Bobby and Vince and don't go for the obvious announcers who when fans hear them think ECW, WCW, TNA etc.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Tenay is retired. He was asked to work for WWE on NXT and turned it down saying he's done with wrestling for good.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

A few AEW tidbits:

- WWE were going to introduce the Young Bucks as part of an Invasion angle at WM35

- The Bucks were asked about TV and said it most likely won't be three hours. Matt said about the possibility of running monthly TV instead, which will be a live broadcast.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I wonder if Ladder will stay retired?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It will wrestle Terry Funk next year.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

:olol:

Interview with Kenny from Tokyo Sports, I've translated it into English, some parts not fully translated correctly.
Kenny Omega (35), who reigned as the top foreign player of the Japanese mat world for about 10 years at Shin Nippon Pro Wrestling, DDT, told a new challenge in this interview. As soon as January expires the contract with New Japan Pro, announced the participation of the US new group "AEW (All Elite Wrestling)" participation. Best bout machine attracting attention of pro wrestling fans all over the world revealed the circumstances leading to the decision and future ambitions.

―- I've decided to move to AEW.

Kenny:of course I love Japan.I still live in Japan and I love professional wrestling.But there was not much I could do now in New Japan.

―- There was an offer from WWE.

Kenny:WWE certainly has a dream match that I want to do.That's A. J. Styles.But, for example, there is a wrestler who says, " I want to go to WrestleMania."For me, WrestleMania was the Tokyo Dome.The biggest dream I've ever had.From now on, I want to focus not only on myself but also on professional wrestling.I don't want to imitate them.I want to show my favorite professional wrestling to the world.That was the AEW.

―- The AEW is said to be huge.

Kenny:it doesn't matter at all.I'm also a good adult, but I'm not doing it for money.Through my own professional wrestling, I want to change the life of the viewer.When people in depression see pro wrestling, it's more important that they forget about their problems.There are many wrestlers who fight for money and self-realization, but I want to show beautiful art.

―- Change the world.

Kenny:so far in the industry, there has been a tendency for the company's staff and owners to tell their fans,"this is a professional wrestling."AEW is different.I can show off the true professional wrestling that each of our players have cherished.

―- Appointed as vice president

Kenny: (owner) Tony Kahn has seen NFL team and investor activity.But because it's my first time in a professional wrestling business, I need someone I know.That's us.I'm in charge of a female player now.Who is better?Talent scout.

―- Is the ASJA-Kong (R) and Sakazaki Yuka recommended by Kenny

Kenny:of course.In today's times, the reason why I think New Japan is making mistakes is that it is not possible for girls to play games.Last year: 6 I was involved (fighting game event) in "CEO×NJPW" (Florida), I wanted to put one of the girls in the game and proposed it to New Japan.After all, it was not New Japan.Now it is already2018 年でも。I think girls and boys can stand on the same stage.And most of the female players I think are good are in Japan.

―2 the reason why I chose people

Kenny:Ahja is a legend, but you can still play a great game.And I want to work with DDT again.I want to show the style of DDT, and the style of Mr. sakasaki is a real original.There are no players who look alike.

―- Players to be noticed from now on

Kenny:for example, Aya mizunami is a great wrestler.In addition to DDT and Oz (academy), he also talks with wave and gauging Mai and talks to free players.I would like to talk with other organizations.

―- 10 you will leave the spent Japan but

Kenny: so I made an item that I can return to New Japan anytime if the chance and the timing are met in the contract.It is not a contract like WWE.I can really go anywhere right now.I'm busy working as a vice president, so I have to concentrate on that first.

―- For cooperation with Japanese organizations

Kenny:there is a political part in this industry, for example, only CMLL why New Japan to work with the organization of Lucha.Do you know why? It is only a matter of”Takahiro-Gumi".AEW is a "player company", so there is no such idea.If there is a group that you want to do together, you want to do it together.

―- Tell your fans.

Kenny:of course, I'm glad to support everyone's feelings.Neither Japanese pro-wrestling nor fans have forgotten.I'm also looking for a way to see AEW in Japan, and I want everyone to be able to see Kenny's match at the venue.I'd like to meet AEW in Japan someday, and maybe go up to a Japanese group someday.Until the day I see you again, good bye & goodnight!

AEW is a subsidiary of Fulham of England Premier League and NFL (US pro・American Football League) Jaguars, and a subsidiary of Otomo schahid Khan, a son of about a billion dollars (about ten billion yen) of the company, and Tony Khan, a parent of the organization, is a member of the United pro・American Football League.1 億 億ドル (110 about 億 億 円)以上が 投入入されるとも 言わられ、海外外メディアによると高 高額なフ ァイトマネマネマジが 用意用されているという。1 billion (about5 on the second day, a flag・raising event will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.So far, the men's team's participation has been determined by Chris Jericho, Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), comedy, hangman Paige and PAC.It also announced a partnership with"owe"led by CIMA.

【Words given to the remaining sworn sworn friend of Shin・nichiju, iibushi Kohta (36), The One and only sworn friend who formed the"Golden Lovers" tag in Japan, expressed Shin-Nippon Pro-Wrestling remains.

"This is the timing, after all..."Kenny with a lonely expression about walking down a separate road.Even so, " last year I may have been one of the happiest years in my career.However, iifusa thought that it was not enough.It's their own result.Didn't you feel like it was time to go to the next stage?He respected the decision of Izushi.

Two stories that continue from the DDT era, was also many period of passing differences. また、d 2の 物語 物語は 、 DDT 時代 時代から続く2 人の 物語 物語は 、 すれ 違いの 期間間も多い。"After all two people are not happy and no.I'm concentrating on my fans (myself), and I'm sure Mr. Izushi will get results.I don't know when I'll be able to resurrect again, but until then, I have no choice but to support you.I think I know the true meaning of Mr. Izushi's words the most."I believe that the day of reunion will come, and I will go my own way.

☆ Kenny Omega real name non-public.193 1010 月 16 日生まれ、カナナナナトバ 州 ウウニ ペ グ。200 年2 月に生 地元地で デ出し、08 年 にdtで最 初来。From fourteenth year, the main battlefield was transferred to New Japan professional wrestling.16 ににg 1 クライマク 優勝 優勝 、 18 年 にiwgp heavy 級 級得。17、18 年度の 東京 東京スポー ツ 新聞定制"professional wrestling Grand Prix"best bounty award.The special move is the angel of the one wing.It is also shown in Fig. 183 centimeter, キロ。

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Spoiler
Fast forwarding thru Marty's bit & even less of Flip at the start. Scarlett Bordeaux cameo!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Sami Callihan re-signed with Impact so it doesn't look like he will reunite with Jon Moxley in AEW anytime soon. Too bad because Switchblade Conspiracy would be great psycho heels for the Elite to feud with. A stable of them, Jericho and Jimmy Havoc would have gotten you a year or more of main event material. Although Havoc said his dream match would be against Ambrose if he comes to AEW.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea Sami would have been a solid addition to AEW. They had a few Impact talent on BTE, but if they've signed deals where they can work indies but not do TV with another promotion that means that we won't see any contracted talent to other promotions on AEW's TV. I'm not sure whether Penta and Fenix are signed directly to AEW now if they are freelance. Really AEW should be like the old NWA and be more of an umbrella organisation and work with the other promotions (ROH and New Japan included) to have the best talent available.

Also I'll spoiler this although nothing's confirmed yet
Spoiler
Cody tweeted a pic of Marty and Marty responded with a pic of himself wearing the All my Friends are Dead T-shirt. I believe his deal expires before DON, so there's a possibility he could be the surprise opponent for Cody. Although he's been over in Japan and seems to be doing good there as well as ROH. So we'll see.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

New Road to DON

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

New BTE

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Kenny Omega vice president (35), a US new organization "AEW", announced the acquisition of the first Japanese player belonging to the group on March 4.

On May 25, Kenny refraining from flying at Las Vegas in Nevada State Urgently invited the paper to some place in Tokyo. There was an ally of Nakazawa Michael (43) from the DDT era. Although he was running a trainer business in Thailand, he said that he has decided to join as a member of the flag raising team this time. In addition to a contract as a player, he also performs staffing work including support of Japanese wrestlers who will participate in AEW.

Although it tends to hide in characters that are naive, it has a reputation for Michael 's high - spec for the first time that he is also a trainer and a wrestler, is proficient in English and has high communication skills. Kenny said, "I hope everyone will enjoy and laugh at a wrestler called Nakazawa, I think that I will live in the US but it will be a big help to connect AEW and Japan."

Michael also said, "It is best to work with people you like. I think that AEW is also very concerned about how to disseminate it to Japanese fans, I think whether it is smooth for people like me to be there." I got my eyes shining on a new challenge.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

New road to DON

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Cody going in on Disco, apparently this is in a response to a tweet where Glenn dissed Kenny.