Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Post Reply
User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Bandit » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:29 pm

It would have been funny if Schultz walked into the room after Stossel tried to be a tough guy with the "Fuck you, David!" He would have shit 7 shades of brown.

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 13568
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:10 pm


User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Bandit » Wed May 06, 2020 12:45 pm

Herb Abrams snorted up the entire country of Colombia. Pablo Escobar told him he needed to stop.

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Bandit » Wed May 06, 2020 12:52 pm

That Brian Blair quote :rofl2:

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Bandit » Wed May 06, 2020 2:58 pm

Image

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 13568
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Wed May 06, 2020 3:44 pm






User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Skynet » Wed May 06, 2020 5:46 pm

I've started watching random episodes from this series, not in order or anything, just random ones I want to watch.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread so I don't know if Zoidberg posted it, but SBS On Demand have them to watch free (just need a free account) but I've been using a program to just download them directly from their site :olol:

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Bandit » Wed May 06, 2020 6:38 pm


User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 13568
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Wed May 06, 2020 7:44 pm

Skynet wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:46 pm
I've started watching random episodes from this series, not in order or anything, just random ones I want to watch.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread so I don't know if Zoidberg posted it, but SBS On Demand have them to watch free (just need a free account) but I've been using a program to just download them directly from their site :olol:
SBS Viceland have been showing the episodes on TV, 10:30 on Mondays.

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Skynet » Wed May 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:44 pm
Skynet wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:46 pm
I've started watching random episodes from this series, not in order or anything, just random ones I want to watch.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread so I don't know if Zoidberg posted it, but SBS On Demand have them to watch free (just need a free account) but I've been using a program to just download them directly from their site :olol:
SBS Viceland have been showing the episodes on TV, 10:30 on Mondays.
I don't watch TV at all but On Demand works

User avatar
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 5023
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Big Boss Man » Thu May 07, 2020 4:27 am


Ocelot
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Ocelot » Thu May 07, 2020 4:38 am

LET' HEAR IT FOR THE JEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Ocelot » Wed May 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Road Warriors Episode was the hardest for me to watch. After a certain point I almost turned it off cuz I grew up as a little Ocelot cub loving these guys and yeah.

Best/worst of the series so far, although the next one...shit.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Ocelot » Wed May 20, 2020 1:47 am

I don't wanna watch this last episode tonight y'all....

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Bandit » Wed May 20, 2020 2:19 am

It's dark, but necessary. Martha and the children thought it was great.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Ocelot » Wed May 20, 2020 8:28 am

No way you can do this episode and topic justice without it being dark.

Man, I can remember where I was when it happened too, right down to what I was doing and what I'd eaten for breakfast and dinner that day

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Skynet » Wed May 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Ocelot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:28 am
No way you can do this episode and topic justice without it being dark.

Man, I can remember where I was when it happened too, right down to what I was doing and what I'd eaten for breakfast and dinner that day
I remember being in High School in the computer lab reading an article about it the day it happened. Not quite specific as your memory :olol: but I do remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. Crazy stuff.

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Bandit » Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 am

Seeing Cornette cry was very unexpected given his persona.

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Bandit » Fri May 22, 2020 10:41 am


User avatar
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 5023
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Viceland's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series

Post by Big Boss Man » Fri May 22, 2020 5:43 pm

Owen rib stories are hilarious. I think this episode was the toughest one to get through. Even now Owen still is very loved by the fans and whilst he definitely deserves to go into the WWE Hall of Fame, if Owen's family don't want to associate him with WWE then I certainly respect their wishes. I still think 21 years later they should have stopped the show out of respect for Owen.

Slightly off topic, but DSOTR starts on Vice UK on June 8th in the UK

Post Reply