Road Warrior Animal has passed away

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Fuck, that sucks.

RIP Animal

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Road Warrior Animal has passed away

Post by Bandit »

Terrible news. They were my favorite tag team as a kid. When they turned on Dusty I was upset as a little mark. RIP.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

2020 can go eat my whole entire asshole right now.

Horrible news. Back when I was a little ocelot cub my friend was obsessed with the Road Warriors and I was a Russians mark and we used to argue about who was the better team almost daily. Then when they came to the WWF we did the same thing, with me championing Demolition. Now as an adult, I appreciate how much influence they've had on the wrestling business. Animal was a great guy too - always there for young people when they wanted help, cleaned up his life, and was just a great dude all around. Hope he and Hawk are up there somewhere, having made peace, and are now giving Doomsday Devices to angels.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'll never forget this. My friend and I were watching and felt so betrayed. :olol: It was a great angle. But Dusty lost his job over it.

Then the next week Dusty cut a bad ass promo. Maybe my favorite babyface promo

It sucks that they all died young.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Compare that to what we get today.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dusty would hold a fake eye ball as the Road Warriors puked outside of the ring.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:00 am 2020 can go eat my whole entire asshole right now.

Horrible news. Back when I was a little ocelot cub my friend was obsessed with the Road Warriors and I was a Russians mark and we used to argue about who was the better team almost daily. Then when they came to the WWF we did the same thing, with me championing Demolition. Now as an adult, I appreciate how much influence they've had on the wrestling business. Animal was a great guy too - always there for young people when they wanted help, cleaned up his life, and was just a great dude all around. Hope he and Hawk are up there somewhere, having made peace, and are now giving Doomsday Devices to angels.
It was funny to find out Hawk and Animal were best friends with Nikita and Barry Darsow before they started wrestling. And we all bought that they hated each other but today they'd be tweeting each other.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Also Ole almost made Rick Rude a Road Warrior instead of Hawk until Eddie Sharkey convinced him Hawk would be better in the gimmick.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I can't see Rude as a Road Warrior. His money was as a singles.