Wrestling Mod

Re: New Japan/Puroresu Thread

Post by Bandit »

Pieter, one of Tokyo Pimp's hoes.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Tana said in a Tokyo Sports interview that if he beats Jericho he wants an AEW title shot

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/njpw/1669386/
New Japan] Tanahashi opens forbidden door with US AEW! ! 1.5 Clash with Jericho at Tokyo Dome

Hiroshi Tanahashi (43), who will play against Chris Jericho (49) at the Tokyo Dome Tournament on January 5, next year, has set a forbidden door. Before the battle with the global superstars, Jericho's AEW World Championship is focused on. There is a possibility that there will be a major change in the relationship between the US organization launched in May and Nippon Professional.

Tanahashi's name is included only in Jericho's 1.5 game against Jericho in the Dome 2 match (January 4 and 5 next year) where all cards are available. He has participated for 16 consecutive years since the 2004 tournament, and has not participated in the "1.4 Dome", which has been the main event ten times. Still, he said, "I'm digesting in myself. I'm receiving a message that says," Considering the company, or "focus on Jericho." "

Jericho, who has participated in the IWGP heavyweight match against Okada Kazuchika in Osaka since June, now holds the AEW belt, which also ignites the struggle. "I'm not the champion over there. If I win and say the other is" one more time, "then I can say," If you do, belt it. "

Among the AEW players, Jericho and Jon Mixley (34) participated in the Nippon Professional. However, on the other hand, there is no AEW of New Japan players, and the elites such as Kenny Omega (36) have not participated in the old nest. "I feel a disturbing scent. What do you see beyond the wall of Jericho? Because there is a fantastic technique" Wall of Hiroshi "of the Yang Graion era. What kind of technique is it? I look forward to begging. " The wall of jericho used by Y2J is for hardening shrimp. Aside from the illusionary skills that you can imagine without even seeing, if the Tanahashi wins and develops into a championship, the relationship between the two organizations may be new.

Before the decisive battle to tell Fengyun suddenly, "How long Jericho has been claiming to be a pain maker. That was because Rain Maker (Okada) was using it for the opponent's game, so I was thinking of a new composition. It's Zubari "Ace vs. Joker". " I decided on the last face of this year, but have you noticed that ace is a disadvantage for playing cards?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm sure the wrestlers would love to do it. But it's political between Omega and management. Kenny messed up by walking out without notice. I know he wanted drama about if he'd join AEW or WWE leading up to the day when he walked out as the surprise at the press conference. But since Gedo is a meticulous planner he blew up a year's worth of angles Gedo worked hard on. And they weren't happy they left ROH 2 months before the MSG show that was originally heavily promoted with The Elite being there. So coming together is not going to be easy and might not ever happen. That New Japan messed with Kenny's visa to even get into the country shows this is bigger than just a contract dispute.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Harold Meij in an interview left the door ajar so to speak in an interview when asked about AEW. He also reiterated New Japan had no involvement in Kennys Visa issues. I believe Kenny knows who was behind it but didn't publicly announce who they are.

With Gedo, I read the angle & push they had for Omega was instead given to Switchblade which is likely why he was fast tracked to the top so quickly. As for a partnership or working agreement, I think it's wait and see. I wouldn't totally rule it out, based on what Harold Meij says and now Tana is publicly talking about AEW and wanting a championship match.

I've also heard Okada has been working behind the scenes on getting AEW & New Japan together and did an interview about it back in October publicly saying he wants a partnership with AEW. Plus NJPW wants to expand into the US and partnering up with AEW would be a great way to do it.

Also found this article discussing a potential agreement

https://www.pwmania.com/will-there-be-a ... -agreement

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Meltzer said Omega suspects it was Bushiroad, so Harold Meij wouldn't have any involvement in that.

And yeah, I'm sure everyone wants to work with AEW from the talent's perspective. But it's deeper than that. It's a very multi-layered issue that at best will take years to get untangled.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

New Japan has announced they will not be on AXS anymore.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Australian Conrad. "Oi oi it's Conrad"

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I see why Tama Tonga is working twitter angles, because he is poopy in the ring.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, the Heavyweight tag division is definitely the weakest part about New Japan right now.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Tag team wrestling in general has taken something of a nosedive lately across the board. :(

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

My spoiler-free review of the top matches as I'm watching it now.

Moxley vs Archer was a great ECW style match. Moxley took some stiff shots like a champ when he probably didn't have to. And Lance is definitely a future superstar heel. AEW could make some money with Archer as a killer one day. Archer vs Cody would be amazing. I loved it. I marked out for the finish it was so perfect. ****1/2

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Awesome hype video for Ospreay vs Takahashi. It made Will a heel. The crowd is red hot for this one.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

WK spoilers in case you don't know the result
Spoiler

Chris talks about the "Forbidden door" doesn't have to be closed and wants AEW & NJPW to work together. Says he'll still give Tana a title shot, same for Naito, Ibushi, Ospreay and others.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Night 2 wasn't anywhere as good as night 1.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The company that owns DDT called CyberAgent has bought NOAH. Once the #1 company in Japan for 5 years, now owned by the parent company of the comedy promotion.