TNA/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

TNA/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Jesus, she gave birth and apparently baby looked like it was smaller than a can of beer?

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Re: TNA Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Ocelot »

Oh man. Very unhealthy looking. :(

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

TNA is moving their company headquarters from the offices at Cummins Station in Nashville, Tennessee to the warehouse they have used for ShopTNA.com operations, also in Nashville, according to PWInsider.

The move is set to happen in early May and has been planned for a while. Dixie Carter's previous company, Trifecta, was also located at Cummins Station and TNA has been there since Dixie and Panda Energy got involved.
Next year they'll go into the Wal Mart office furniture section until security asks them to leave. Then they'll move into one of those little shelters at bus stops.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I wonder if Don West is still there?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I think he quit a while back to go work for a minor league hockey team instead of a minor league wrestling company.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That's what was reported but he is probably really still trapped in the warehouse.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They haven't had a merchandise order since 2007, so it's probably pretty cramped for a man of his size. He's probably stuck between boxes of unsold Lil Petey Pump and Rock n Rave Infection shirts.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

-- As noted yesterday, TNA is in the process of moving from their offices at Cummins Station in Nashville to the ShopTNA warehouse. The public story, as reported by PWInsider, was that the move had been planned for some time as part of cost cutting. The real story, as reported by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer radio, is that they are being evicted by building management and their only choice is to move into the warehouse. Dixie Carter’s Trifecta public relations company has been at Cummins stations for years before she got involved with TNA so this should give you an idea of just how bad TNA’s money troubles are. TNA has until the end of the month to move out. Keep in mind that they had recently moved out of the third-floor office into the basement at Cummins station where the TV equipment was.

TNA does have an investor that is willing to put money into the company but they want controlling interest and that’s not what Dixie Carter wants but she may not have a choice at this point. The idea was to negotiate it down so Dixie could maintain 51% and majority share of the company but it’s hard to see how she has any leverage if they want to continue. The company needs to raise money if they want to be able to pay for airfare for the next TV tapings in Orlando.

The hits kept on coming for TNA as they were informed yesterday that the Tuesday night replay would be dropped. A press release was sent to us by TNA on Monday night announcing the change. The purpose of the replay in the first place was to allow west coast viewers to watch the show at 9pm since Pop TV does not have a staggered feed. If you are on the west coast then you would need to watch the show at 6pm local time or watch the Saturday morning replay at 11:30am eastern/8:30am pacific. The movie “Ghost Writer” is taking the Impact replay timeslot tonight.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

TNA does have an investor that is willing to put money into the company but they want controlling interest and that’s not what Dixie Carter wants but she may not have a choice at this point.
That strategy worked out great for Paul Heyman in 2001. And he has actual talent. Good luck, Dixie.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Ahahahaha TNA jobs to Ghost Writer.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Ron & Don Harris are reportedly TNA's investors and potential buyers
By Sean Rueter @s1rude on Apr 18, 2016, 3:29p

The rumor mill said we were getting to make or break time for TNA, with Dixie Carter making a last stand but in need of capital to keep the company afloat.

Now, in a special "Breaking News" edition of Wrestling Observer Radio (subscription required but recommended), Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez reveal who the main investors and frontrunners to buy a majority stake are.

Ron & Don Harris, twin brothers and retired wrestlers who've worked for ECW and several other companies as the Bruise Brothers and WWE as the Blu Brothers and Grimm Twins, currently are officers of Nashville-based Aroluxe. That marketing company likely fronted the money for both the last and next Impact tapings in Orlando, and it's believed they or a company they own are the third-party firm which took over production last year when TNA had issues paying their staff and crew.

The hold-up reportedly remains Dixie Carter's insistence in retaining a 51% share of the company. But without any backing from Panda Energy and little upfront money in their contract with POP TV, it's said debts are mounting and Carter will have to do whatever is necessary to secure more financing.

That includes selling control of the company to Aroluxe. More news, one way or the other, is expected in the next couple of days.

Stay tuned.

Source: Cagedsideseats

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They're also very tight with Jeff Jarrett, so I wonder if he'd be involved.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

We live in a world where David Bowie, Chyna, and Prince have passed and yet this piece of shit company will not die. WTF?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

The only plus side TNA have at the moment is that it gives girls and guys outside of the WWE bubble a place to work, kinda like ECW and WCW back in the day. I'd imagine it's touring and their international TV deals are keeping them afloat because it must be losing money hand over fist. WWE should have bought it when they had Bisch, Hogan et al and ran and Invasion angle and absorbed the best wrestlers into the company. Now I'd imagine it has little to no commercial value apart from the TV deal and the tape library maybe?. I mean look at the fall of WCW and they still had talent contracts, a solid tape library dating back years, a more recognised established brand name etc and it only sold for just over $4m. I wouldn't like to even estimate the monetary value of TNA as they've fell so far from grace. They have had some moments where they could have turned the corner but without real Ted Turner type financial backing they would never even begin to compete with the WWE juggernaut. Plus the whole business is down. In an alt universe type scenario I wonder if ECW had a Billionaire Ted investor back in 96/97 how far they could have gone?. Or would they just have burnt thru the money like WCW did and how TNA are doing now.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ECW would have had to change their content if they wanted to be a major player. Nobody was going to give them a good timeslot even with a bunch of money behind them. So unless they got on HBO they'd have to change. But Heyman says he did talk to in 1996 and they said they'd never put wrestling on the channel. Yes, the station that had shows like Autopsy, Real Sex, G String Divas and documentaries about serial killers where they showed crime scene pictures didn't want ECW.

So to have made it to cable television you'd have the product they put on TNN in 1999-2000, which nobody was crazy about. Granted with money you'd have a better roster than 2000 ECW, but so much of the stuff that made them popular in 1996-97 couldn't be done. Blood would be limited, no Gangstas matches, no violence against women, no Beulah/Kimona lesbian angle, no Shane Douglas saying "fuck" 1,000 times, ect.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

-- As noted, longtime TNA Knockout Velvet Sky has parted ways with the company.

TNA confirmed the news on their official ImpactWrestling.com website this weekend. The report claims TNA and Sky "mutually agreed" to part ways.

“This has been my home for 10 years and, no matter what happens in my future, I will never forget where I’ve come from or the people who have helped me get where I am,” said Sky. “Thank you to everyone at TNA – from talent to production to crew -who has helped me do what I love.”

Sky made her final in-ring appearance with TNA in Orlando this weekend.