Nintendo General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Nintendo General Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I had this commercial recorded off of TV with some Nicktoons, and the clip was seared into my brain. It was like a narcotic to see all these crazy new levels. I think we waited a few years (94-95) before I got Super Mario World and a used console at a local video game store.

Funny story, I got picked to be a model in a Halloween-themed circular for a local department store/drugstore. I took my earnings immediately to Best Buy to buy a next-gen system ... and walked out with a Game Gear. I always regret buying that over a Genesis or SNES. :olol:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

And I still like the purple-themed SNES over the Super Famicom. I think the SFC color scheme was probably a better idea, but the SNES looked so damned futuristic and cool at the time. You just had to be there to understand :owink:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

The Gamecube's reputation over the years has been funny. I have to laugh whenever I see a Gen Z kid wax poetically about how the Gamecube was some mistreated orphan. It was my primary 6th-gen console until I bought an Xbox, and I knew plenty of people that had one too.

I still miss mine, I sold it off to a mom on eBay to pay a speeding ticket in college.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I got the Gamecube around the same time as the Xbox and I liked the system, but it was my least played of that generation by a long way.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

A classmate down the street got the system around launch and Rogue Leader's graphics absolutely floored me. I think I got my system bundled with Metroid Prime next year for Christmas, and couldn't stop playing that and Smash Bros. Melee and Wind Waker. Double Dash was legendary too but I can't remember if I owned that. I didn't jive with Sunshine and never bought it, but I appreciate it a lot more these days.

Sonic Mega Collection was a surprise for me for how much of that I played when I 100 percented each game. I also got the Ocarina of Time promo disc for preordering Wind Waker, which was about the best way to play it back then (without a N64). It's also hard to remember what exactly I played on the Gamecube proper or on the Wii after I got one in 2007.

We did use the four controller ports a lot back in the high school and early college days, which was a feature I loved on the Gamecube and Xbox.

Also worth noting that I'm a weirdo that never bought a PS2. At first, I was really dedicated to hating Sony for the Dreamcast so I refused to support them. Then I got caught up in the bro-shooter world of the Xbox 360 during college. Twenty years later, I just finally got my fiance's system up and running with MCBoot.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:51 am
The wizards are Nintendo finally figured out Bluetooth audio :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:51 am I got the Gamecube around the same time as the Xbox and I liked the system, but it was my least played of that generation by a long way.
Because we had Dreamcasts! Next gen arrived in the world in 1998. All these other consoles coming out in 2001 and 2002.. WELCOME TO FOUR YEARS AGO!
The gamecube was the worst of the generation by a a long way, and Sega were the best, so of course guess which one still makes consoles?

For anyone wondering: Dreamcast > Xbox > PS2 > Board Games > noughts and crosses in the sand at the beach > connect four > Gamecube > watching paint dry.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

Where does Masturbating fit in that list?

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

2dr wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:30 pm Where does Masturbating fit in that list?
depends on your age. Teenager, its the front of the list. 25 or older, then after paint drying.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

Ah.