Anybody here ever play the .hack//G.U. series?

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Anybody here ever play the .hack//G.U. series?

Post by Calavera »

I've never played any of the games but seen .hack//G.U. Last Recode came out recently which is the first 3 games remastered. It looked like something I would enjoy so I gave it a try. I'm only about an hour and a half into the first game but it isn't really pulling me in. Just wondering if anybody here has played them and if so is it worth playing through all of them.

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Anybody here ever play the .hack//G.U. series?

Post by melancholy »

I never wanted to play them for two reasons. One, you had to buy like 4 separate games because the story was a continuation. And two, none of them ever really reviewed that well. Dropping a ton of money on mediocre games never sounded like a good idea.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Anybody here ever play the .hack//G.U. series?

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:I never wanted to play them for two reasons. One, you had to buy like 4 separate games because the story was a continuation. And two, none of them ever really reviewed that well. Dropping a ton of money on mediocre games never sounded like a good idea.
Yeah I doubt I'll even play it any further. I really want to play another RPG that is as good as Grandia II or Skies of Arcadia but I've yet to find one.