Cyberpunk 2077 thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 15839
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:58 pm

It is. It's finally happening.

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 10249
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Bandit » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:39 pm

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:58 pm
It is. It's finally happening.
You jinxed us!

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk- ... l-december

Ah well, America will be such a dystopia after the election I can just walk outside to play the game.

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 15839
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Shit, that sucks.

User avatar
pixel
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:09 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by pixel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:24 am

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:08 pm
Shit, that sucks.
:olol:
Image

User avatar
pixel
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:09 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by pixel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:05 am

Image

User avatar
pixel
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:09 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by pixel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:07 am

Image

User avatar
pixel
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:09 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by pixel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:08 am

Maybe we'll be under lockdown as the Bezo-bots cleanse the streets of heretics, which means I could play Cyberpunk on one monitor while sitting through my virtual meetings on the other.

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 15839
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:39 pm

this account which has been confirmed as a real CDPR dev by Jason Schreier
Image

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 10249
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Bandit » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:25 pm

How massive? Worse than Modern Warfare?

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 15839
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:50 am

I don't know about the patch but the game is 70GB.

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 10249
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Bandit » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:52 am

That's light. I pre ordered MW Cold War and it said 120gb minimum.

User avatar
pixel
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:09 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by pixel » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:16 am

Bandit wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:52 am
That's light. I pre ordered MW Cold War and it said 120gb minimum.
Oof :ocry: My mind still rationalizes storage size by number of DVDs, and that'd be like 15 of them

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 1534
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Skynet » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 am

Bandit wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:52 am
That's light. I pre ordered MW Cold War and it said 120gb minimum.
I deleted Modern Warfare off of my 1TB SSD due to size. Out of curiosity I went to download it again. When I saw the 217GB required space I said fuck that and will never install it again. It's fucking ridiculous

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 10249
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Bandit » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:06 am

Skynet wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 am
Bandit wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:52 am
That's light. I pre ordered MW Cold War and it said 120gb minimum.
I deleted Modern Warfare off of my 1TB SSD due to size. Out of curiosity I went to download it again. When I saw the 217GB required space I said fuck that and will never install it again. It's fucking ridiculous
It makes me wonder how close to a TB PS5 and Series X games will be. Which is going to fuck people with ISP data caps.

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 1534
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Skynet » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:36 pm

Bandit wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:06 am
Skynet wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 am
Bandit wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:52 am
That's light. I pre ordered MW Cold War and it said 120gb minimum.
I deleted Modern Warfare off of my 1TB SSD due to size. Out of curiosity I went to download it again. When I saw the 217GB required space I said fuck that and will never install it again. It's fucking ridiculous
It makes me wonder how close to a TB PS5 and Series X games will be. Which is going to fuck people with ISP data caps.
PS5 has the advantage with cost effective storage expansion. I still don't understand the XBSX going down their custom storage route that's super expensive. Doesn't the PS5 have some fairly low amount of storage once you account for OS installation, or so leaks were saying?

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY
Posts: 712
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:43 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by OrangeRibbon » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:11 pm

Skynet wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:36 pm
Bandit wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:06 am
Skynet wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 am
Bandit wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:52 am
That's light. I pre ordered MW Cold War and it said 120gb minimum.
I deleted Modern Warfare off of my 1TB SSD due to size. Out of curiosity I went to download it again. When I saw the 217GB required space I said fuck that and will never install it again. It's fucking ridiculous
It makes me wonder how close to a TB PS5 and Series X games will be. Which is going to fuck people with ISP data caps.
PS5 has the advantage with cost effective storage expansion. I still don't understand the XBSX going down their custom storage route that's super expensive. Doesn't the PS5 have some fairly low amount of storage once you account for OS installation, or so leaks were saying?
Isn't expensive storage Sony's thing.

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 1534
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Skynet » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:38 am

OrangeRibbon wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:11 pm
Skynet wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:36 pm
Bandit wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:06 am
Skynet wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 am
Bandit wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:52 am
That's light. I pre ordered MW Cold War and it said 120gb minimum.
I deleted Modern Warfare off of my 1TB SSD due to size. Out of curiosity I went to download it again. When I saw the 217GB required space I said fuck that and will never install it again. It's fucking ridiculous
It makes me wonder how close to a TB PS5 and Series X games will be. Which is going to fuck people with ISP data caps.
PS5 has the advantage with cost effective storage expansion. I still don't understand the XBSX going down their custom storage route that's super expensive. Doesn't the PS5 have some fairly low amount of storage once you account for OS installation, or so leaks were saying?
Isn't expensive storage Sony's thing.
Apparently MS wanted a go at doing that this time around :olol:

User avatar
ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 2291
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by ian » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:11 am

OrangeRibbon wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:11 pm
Isn't expensive storage Sony's thing.
They're still coasting on the proceeds from Memory stick and it's variants.
When the vault full of cash is too low to dive in, I am sure they'll make another variant.
Hank Azaria not playing Apu on the Simpsons will make the role as irrelevant as the Simpsons has been as a series since 1999!

User avatar
pixel
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:09 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by pixel » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:24 am

Skynet wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:38 am
Apparently MS wanted a go at doing that this time around :olol:
ian wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:11 am
They're still coasting on the proceeds from Memory stick and it's variants.
When the vault full of cash is too low to dive in, I am sure they'll make another variant.
:rofl2:

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 1534
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Skynet » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:01 am

I'm looking forward to what third parties will come up with for external XB storage. $359AU for 1TB storage is a bit steep... :/ https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/seag ... n-card-1tb

Post Reply