The Emulation Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Emulation Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

4k Dreamcast on a phone. Wouldn't have even thought about running it on a phone sometime in the future 20 years ago.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:08 pm 4k Dreamcast on a phone. Wouldn't have even thought about running it on a phone sometime in the future 20 years ago.
19-20 years ago I wanted one of these to play DC on the go!

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:08 pm

4k Dreamcast on a phone. Wouldn't have even thought about running it on a phone sometime in the future 20 years ago.
Well I think that seals the deal for me. I should get a controller for my Note 9 and then upgrade to this later for an emulation handheld.
Calavera wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:20 pm
Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:08 pm 4k Dreamcast on a phone. Wouldn't have even thought about running it on a phone sometime in the future 20 years ago.
19-20 years ago I wanted one of these to play DC on the go!

Uh, hell yes! What a sweet kit. Is the remote for VCDs?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Awesome stuff :whoa: Hopefully someone with Yuzu gets a version running that won't require a specific controller

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

pixel wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:08 am My RCM jig arrived for my Switch this weekend, so I gave Yuzu a try on my RTX 2060. Pokemon Shield runs at a chunky 14 fps :olol: It's crazy to see a current system and commercial games "running" in emulation
How does it run on your system now with the latest version? I just gave Yuzu a try a couple of days ago and am extremely impressed! The only game I've tried so far is Mario Odyssey and it seems to run at 100 percent speed. I was not expecting that! My specs are a Ryzen 5 3600X CPU a GTX 1660 Super GPU and 16GB ram. The only issue I'm having is random crashes but I think allocating more virtual memory may fix it but I'm not sure. I haven't been able to find any solid advice on fixing the crashes. It seems that it runs just fine without crashes for others.

I agree it is pretty wild to be able to emulate a current system. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was amazed that Wii U was able to be emulated and now Switch is already emulated too! That'd be like if a decent SNES emulator would have came out in 1994. I can't remember when I first got into emulation but I remember I really wanted to play Super Mario RPG but at that time it wasn't supported. Heck even Pilotwings didn't run! I remember when Sega CD and 32X emulation finally became available and 32X ran like crap. I'm thinking it was somewhere around 2003ish before SNES emulators could run games with extra chips and 32X became playable. 12 and 9 years after the console was released. I guess as consoles become more and more like PCs (or tablets in the Switch's case) they become easier to emulate.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Playstation 2 classic “God of War 2” in 4K with Reshade Ray Tracing on the PC

YouTube’s Sanadsk has shared a video, showcasing the classic Playstation 2 GoW game, God of War 2, running on the PC in 4K with Reshade Ray Tracing. This video will give you a glimpse at what a modern-day remaster of this game could look like.

As always, Sanadsk used Pascal “Marty McFly” Glicher Reshade Ray Tracing Mod in order to enhance this game. Naturally, the YouTuber has also used a PS2 emulator in order to run the game on the PC and in 4K resolution.

The end result is really cool and I’m pretty sure that a lot of God of War fans would love to see such a remaster. Hell, even if Sony does not release such a remaster, PC gamers can already experience it on the PC. All they have to do is run God of War 2 on a PS2 emulator with the Reshade Ray Tracing Mod.

Speaking of Reshade Ray Tracing Mods, here is also Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time with Reshade Ray Tracing. You can also find here other PC games with Reshade Ray Tracing effects. These past few months we’ve covered a lot of games. Some of them appear to benefit greatly from it, while others do not. You can also find Reshade Ray Tracing Mod videos for Halo 3, Star Citizen, Resident Evil 3 Remake, Watch Dogs, and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Source: DSOG

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Xbox is getting better

& Cemu's got another update

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Hawq wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:55 am Xbox is getting better
Great news :osmile: The OG Xbox might be one of my favorite systems of all time, I have lots of great memories with that giant brick

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

This New PlayStation1 PS1 PSX Emulator is Insanely Good!

In this video, We show you how to set up this all-new PS1 Emulator known as DuckStaion! You can easily upscale to 4K and beyond “Almost 8K at 16x resolution”!

Plus it supports OpenGL DX11 and Vulkan!

This could very well be my new favorite Play station 1 emulator and for good reason and it’s available for Android Windows and Linux!

1. high degree of compatibility2.
2. Has three hardware renderers: OpenGL, Vulkan, and Direct3D113.
3. Allows you to internally upscale the resolution
4. Ability to run PSX CDROM emulation on a separate thread, reducing frame time spike
5. Its works absolutely amazingly!

Download it here: https://github.com/stenzek/duckstation/ ... tag/latest
Learn More Here: https://github.com/stenzek/duckstation

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

xemu v0.5 has been released! This marks another major milestone in the project. In addition to a host of graphics improvements, fixes to enable broader BIOS compatibility, and general usability improvements: preliminary audio support has been added! Please enjoy this video showcasing a handful of games running on xemu. Visit https://xemu.app for more info.

​Basic machine specs used in capturing footage here:
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8850H CPU @ 2.60GHz, Quadro P2000 (Boot/Dash/Amped/THPS)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS CPU @ 4.00GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 (All other clips)

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Hell yeah! Wonder if I can boot up UnleashX or XBMC for some nostalgia?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »