LGR visits a huge retro computer warehouse

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

LGR visits a huge retro computer warehouse

Post by Big Boss Man »

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Re: LGR visits a huge retro computer warehouse

Post by Roofus »

There was a place like that in San Jose called Weird Stuff only it was better organized. Sadly, it closed too.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea it's a shame. There's so much stuff in there that could be preserved but once they've let folks in to look through it I believe Clint said they are sending the scrapers in and it's likely they'll junk everything once they have sought out anything that's of use to them. I think retro computer museums could be contacted since there's parts that can be used to maintain old machines and there's new old stock drives, sound cards, graphic cards etc.

It's very unlikely they'll never see such a huge amount of computers and accessories etc again. Perhaps some of the retro computer Youtubers could band together and say how much for everything. Then their channels could have tons of content of them sorting through everything, unboxing videos etc and re-organising things again.

With the interest level high right now for retro/nostalgia it would seem the right time to do something about it and if the trend continues all this tech is very valuable. Not monetarily, but for the future technical preservation aspect.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That's a nice chunky 30MB HDD.

The video didn't do that much for me because I don't really care about grotty old IBMs or clones. A warehouse full of Amigas and C64s would make me piss my pants though. It's a shame he didn't get to see any.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Apparently there was Commodores in there (Clint references it in the video) but he said the first lot of folks who went in there before when they opened up the place earlier snapped them up. I imagine they did that for the resell value being higher than the IBMs and IBM clones.