The Dreamcast Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

The Dreamcast Thread

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Nice, anyone here use one yet? I am thinking about splurging on one.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Dreamcast Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I don't have it but am thinking about getting one. It looks like it works well and is easy to set up.

I'm going to make this the official BG Dreamcast thread.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

I also saw one for the Saturn to but it is in pre order and they are not taking any more. Funny thing, I still have almost all the US Dreamcast games.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Shoutout to all of those still playing original games on original hardware. Being a Dreamcast fanboy is essentially: 'GO BANANA!'

I can't call myself a fanboy these days because I'm on my second copy of Crazy Taxi, even though all my other games are original.
(The first copy from 2000 got so worn out it wouldn't read anymore! I think the laser actually burned through my original disc)

I look at the repairs and mods I have to do to my DC and I think it might be easier and CHEAPER to just buy another console and keep mine as parts.
do any of us have any of the mods????
GDEMU: Legit $400,000,000 or copy $100
DC HDMI: $200 + at least $100
Fan mod: $40 plus 20 hours of time.

Is anyone running any mods? or if not, do you intend to get any for your BANANA?
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I plan on installing GDEMU and the fan mod in the coming weeks. I just have to commit to removing the GD-Rom, which I’m still hesitant due to all the physical games I still have.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Be interested to see you do the fan mod, mel.
I actually have a few suitable fans here (including a Noctua which if you're not into PC's, you should use), but have bigger problems to deal with before I worry about that.
I'm not even using my DC too much anymore TBH. More into PlayStation light gun games and Saturn games right now.
Can't get a world record, so focusing on ENJOYING games ATM :rofl:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.