ISO: 2016 NES Classic

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

ISO: 2016 NES Classic

Post by pixel »

So, I'm a dumbass. I wanted to gift my brother an NES Classic with an SD card mod so the expanded storage was nice and neat inside the case. Despite very vivid memories of being denied during the original NES Classic run in 2016, I still bought the 2016 version of the SD card mod for the system I bought in 2018.

The mod's creator even showed up to my dumbass help thread on Reddit to tell me I'm a moron.

It's hard to shop for a specific model on eBay or Facebook Marketplace, so I wanted to see if any of you had a 2016 NES Classic available for sale. I also have a used Playstation Classic (w/o box) and a brand new Genesis Mini I'd be happy to trade as well. If it sweetens the pot, I can throw in a USB mod for the PS Classic too.

Also, if anyone would like to buy the SD card mod itself, I'll sell it for $20 and free shipping. Installation was pretty easy with a cheap soldering iron I bought on Amazon, I'd say anyone with a steady hand and a little patience can install it no problem. It was my first soldering job and it went well while I took my time on it.

I'd prefer to keep the mod if at all possible, but I'm torn on leaving it to collect dust in my electronics drawer.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Re: ISO: 2016 NES Classic

Post by OrangeRibbon »

That's a shame. I have the 2018 model as well.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Mine was a gift, so I checked to see what it was. Based on the box, it’s 2018. Sorry.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

It's all good :) I have a bad feeling that all of the first-gen NES Classics are stuck in eBay Hell being sold by price gougers. I won't give any of them the satisfaction of spending $100+ on one. :olol:

I only bought mine in 2018 because I was still pissed about missing them during the initial launch. It was my fault that I never preordered one, but I went to Walmart before the midnight launch just to see if I had any luck. The greasy dudes at the back of the line were so smug about buying a few to sell online that I bought one in anger two years later.