Video Game & Tech Videos Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Video Game & Tech Videos Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's been almost 3 years since the Super NES Classic Mini. Whatever happened to the Nintendo 64 Classic Mini that has been rumored? Is it still coming? In this episode we take a deep dive into emulation on the Nintendo 64 and my thoughts that the N64 Classic Mini won't be released.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The biggest DF Retro ever! In this massive documentary, John Linneman, Audi Sorlie and a range of special guests assess one of the Capcom's finest arcade achievements: the brilliant Final Fight. The origins of the game are discussed, the original coin-op is dissected and every single port and sequel comes under the microscope.

There was a Sim Tower 2? In all but name, yes! Let's take a look at Yoot Tower, aka The Tower II, developed by OPeNBooK9003 and published by Sega in 1998 for Macintosh and Windows PCs. Along with the Towerkit maps and other plugins from Japan!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Episode 284 - Sony's first portable system really tried to do things different. It seemed to focus more on giving players the premium home game experience on the go compared to having severely watered down ports and games. Let's take a look at the system and a bunch of its games!

The guys go to another arcade auction looking for some sweet juicy arcade deals. Will Jay be able to find another $10 dollar arcade cabinet?

1986, what a great year! So many industries were booming with amazing content. The movie industry put out a few movies that could make anyone cry! In the world of videos...well... *cough cough* The Legend Of Zelda. And with music we got some TOP music. Lets check out 1986! You will not be disappointed!

The metroidvania genre expanded greatly in 1987 as developers grew more confident in their design concepts and technology began to expand to accommodate their ambitions. Nintendo's Famicom/Disk System/NES platform proved to be especially fertile ground for innovation, as these three different takes on the format demonstrate. While you could arguably classify Zelda II, Rygar, and The Goonies II as action-RPGs, each one interprets that concept in unique ways. The one thing they have in common? They attempt to push the creative boundaries of the 2D platformer by shifting viewpoints and perspective at various times: Zelda II with an abstracted, Dragon Quest-inspired overworld view, Rygar with a Zelda II-style top-down action format, and The Goonies II with a first-person adventure mode.

Fancy over an hour looking at some of the greatest and most important arcades of the 90's? Here ya go. Virtua Fighter, Daytona USA, Sega Rally, House of the Dead, Virtua Cop and many more are here as we look at Sega's Model 1, 2 and 3 boards -- the 3D hardware that put them at the top of the arcade once again. Enjoy!

Ahhh, yes, the NES, a think of blocky curiosity. On the bottom of the NES is a rectangular insert, and behind that lies, well, an expansion slot. This video explores the NES expansion slot as well as some of the rumours surrounding it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Episode 287 - Let's take a focused look at the PS Vita from Sony. This is the most modern gaming platform ever given it's very own episode on the show (so far) as there are still games officially being made for it! And for good reason, fans absolutely adore this machine!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Remember the classic Hexen from the 90s? Slipgate Ironworks brings the old formula back to life, modernised with the latest tech from Unreal Engine 4. John Linneman and Alex Battaglia are massive fans of the original - so does this spiritual successor hit the mark?

Yard sale & pawn shop pickups of NES carts, Nintendo DS & 3DS games, Playstation 4 titles, free PS3 games, & a New 3DS XL system.

With the future of frequent LGR Thrifts rather unknown at the moment, I decided to try this idea I've had for a while: electronic thrifting! Which is really just online shopping, ha. In particular, we're taking a look at the ShopGoodwill.com website, where stores from all around the country list things for auction. Let's go eThrifting!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

With the 'Rona easing up in Texas the guys head to a small town for some game chasing at the flea market just like old times, and once again, Chris finds out how Game Chasing Go....

Episode 290 - Sega Ages is a line of games from Sega's past ported over to newer hardware. In this episode we;ll be taking a look at all of the games in the Sega Ages series on the Saturn. Of course most of these were only released in Japan.

Ninja Blade was the last game FromSoftware developed before their big hit Demon's Souls. This game is a mess, but it's a mess in some pretty entertaining ways that you'd never expect from the company these days.

Pickups from yard sales and pawn shops, classic Nintendo Wii games, boxed PS1 console, Zelda Wii U, games to trade in at GameStop.

It's music graces the end of nearly all my videos. Let's take a look at Batman for the Sega Genesis.

The year is 1989! What a great year for any fan of the past! So many amazing movies, video games and songs! This year may start to be looking a little more like the 90's as we are just ONE year away from diving into the whacky world of the 90s! Where were you in 1989? What did you like best fro this year?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Learn the history of the Mega Man DOS games. In 1990, Capcom released Mega Man...on DOS? It's certainly a strange game when compared to the NES titles. But it was made by one man, Stephen Rozner, in his spare time. You could argue it was a fan game that Capcom cashed in on. And if you can believe it, Rozner and his brother made a sequel too! Learn the history of the Mega Man DOS games and the developers behind them.

Episode 293 - Let's take a few established franchises and discuss the best and the worst game in each! This is always fun.

At last, the "metroidvania" concept begins to live up to its name. Metroid was on-point from the start, but Castlevania was slower to come around to the exploratory action-RPG concept. After the baby steps of the original Castlevania and Vampire Killer, Castlevania II felt like the first meaningful effort to turn the quest to stop Count Dracula into a proper adventure. It was also kind of a mess, but hey, like I said—baby steps.

Also in this episode, Compile gives us another interesting twist on the action-RPG with Golvellius. It's not really a metroidvania, but that's OK.

This list has been requested for a fairly long time -- my collection of top 50's and 100 vids has kinda felt incomplete without it, it has to be said. And so, quite simply, here's my Top 50 C64 Games, featuring everything from traditional favourites to some more obscure and esoteric picks. Enjoy!

Alfred Chicken is, for the most part, a run of the mill Euro platformer for the early '90s featuring a kooky animal hero, like so many other games. But there's a big difference...none of the others ever tried to become a Member of Parliament, whereas Alfred decided to have a go...no, really. Here's a lil' look back on a rather mediocre game's very unique marketing!

The Pixel boys join forces to hit up an amazing SWAP MEET event by the amazing Game Tower! There are more retro video games here than the guys can handle...so much so that Ricky and Riff argue over a prized item they are both dying to have! This is TheNesPursuit

Crazy Yard sale finds! Xbox One system, cheap Switch games, a Gamecube score, Halo posters, & a PS2 bundle.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's 2017 and it kicks off with a bang or should that be a boom! Nintendo are about to release their new console, the Nintendo Switch. Nintendo offer to give me one before launch, but only if I use their words and not my own...
Happy Console Gamer is a shill?

I am shocked!

Shocked I say!

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Are you saying @Matisfaction 's favourite Youtuber is a shill? OUTRAGEOUS!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:whoa:

I'm sure Mat's other fave, HeavyMetalJesus, isn't on the take though.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Too busy finding hidden treasures like Super Mario Bros 3

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

OMG you've heard of SMB3 too??

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

It's a fairly obscure game here in Australia. I think Z and ian may know about it, but word has it no one else has ever heard of it here

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Nintendo LaserDisc - NES + Game Boy Previews & Trailers! Nearly a half hour of 1990's Nintendo goodness. The laserdisc was likely used at a retail kiosk - but any info on its origin would be appreciated!

This is a video where I talk about the early history of Nihon Falcom, covering about the first 30 years of their output.

I've been a fan of Falcom's Trails series for a while and always found the company's history to be very interesting since they have been around for so long, releasing their first games during the genesis of the industry in Japan. I started researching their history just to learn more about the company and, over time, it eventually turned into this hour long video. This ended up being a huge project that I spent about 4-5 months working on and is by far the longest video I've ever made. Hopefully it is informative and enjoyable. If I goofed up any of my facts, please let me know. Also, in order to keep things concise, I did not overview the stories or dive deep into the gameplay mechanics of Falcom's titles and instead focused on their development and the impact they had on the industry.

Episode 294 - The look at the Sega Ages continues with all of the titles released on the PlayStation 2. Most of them were only released in Japan. So many games were released that I have to divide this up into two long parts. Part 2 comes next week! That's right, get ready for 3 weeks of full Game Sack episodes in a row!

The first console version of Doom available, this was the very first time I had a Doom to call my own. Was it as bad as some make it out to be? Let's find out.

On this CLASSIC episode of TheNesPursuit... Get ready to be FLOORED by the deals that were around just a few years ago! You honestly will not believe it!

Chapter 1 of a retrospective on Sega AM1's The House of the Dead series. Throughout the retrospective, I'll be looking at all the games, from the original to Scarlet Dawn, and what makes each of these games special and memorable to me, while also addressing Sega AM1's development history, Takashi Oda, and The House of the Dead team.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Never would've guessed a single person could create 4 hours worth of content based on House of the Dead, but I'm going to watch all of it :)

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Skynet wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:05 am Too busy finding hidden treasures like Super Mario Bros 3
Ahahahahahaha :rofl2:

If I was drinking, it would be everywhere right now.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The O.G. the original Game Boy, Nintendo's world beating hand held. It may have been strictly monochrome, but it could do some stuff that its console cousin the NES might struggle to match.

Reevaluating Doom 3 sixteen years later, released by id Software and Activision on August 3rd, 2004! Looking back at the hype and history of its development, its entirely new style of horror FPS gameplay compared to its predecessors, and of course that darned flashlight.

The first look at an absolutely incredible donation to the channel!!!! The Atari Falcon is a rare system and super expensive if you can find one for sale!

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »