The SEGA Thread: This thread does what Nintendon't

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: SEGA Thread (Alex Kidd is back!)

Post by ian »

Come to think of it, Sega have been making some shitty games since 2002. I hope it’s Microsoft that buys them and burns them to the ground Like they did with Rare.

Because I’d rather pay $20-50 for the next shitty sonic game, than $89 for that same shitty sonic game where the price will stay for the next 8 years.

In all seriousness though, They’ve put out some great games on all the rivals consoles. And Microsoft would be less of a stick in the mud about Multiplatform.
As long as it’s not Sony, I can live with it.

But I totally see the name becoming Like Atari sadly. Someone will buy it and use it to sell the actual fucking garbage they want to churn out.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

ian wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:27 pm But I totally see the name becoming Like Atari sadly. Someone will buy it and use it to sell the actual fucking garbage they want to churn out.
Could be worse. It could become like Intellivision.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Sega wants to release more Atlus ports, remasters, and remakes

Persona 4 Golden success was 'far beyond expectations.'

Sega wants to release more Atlus catalog titles across various platforms following the success of the PC port of Persona 4 Golden, Sega Sammy president and CEO Haruki Satomi said during Sega’s financial results briefing on November 6.

“As for Steam, while we haven’t been actively releasing Atlus titles on PC, we felt that there was much potential there and put out a direct port of Persona 4 Golden for PC, and the user response was far beyond our expectations,” Satomi said. “That being said, we hope to release Atlus catalog titles across various platforms, whether as direct ports or in the form of remasters or remakes.”

The PC version of Persona 4 Golden launched via Steam on June 13.

Source: Gematsu

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:27 pm Come to think of it, Sega have been making some shitty games since 2002. I hope it’s Microsoft that buys them and burns them to the ground Like they did with Rare.

Because I’d rather pay $20-50 for the next shitty sonic game, than $89 for that same shitty sonic game where the price will stay for the next 8 years.

In all seriousness though, They’ve put out some great games on all the rivals consoles. And Microsoft would be less of a stick in the mud about Multiplatform.
As long as it’s not Sony, I can live with it.

But I totally see the name becoming Like Atari sadly. Someone will buy it and use it to sell the actual fucking garbage they want to churn out.
I still think that had Sega of Japan relinquished more control over to Sega of America, they would've been in a much better scenario. Nakayama was scared of the freaking Atari Jaguar, and pushed out the aborted-at-launch 32X. Then there's the whole Saturn mess, and then burning bridges with EA and 3DFX over the Dreamcast.

Sega should've knocked it out of the park by being a third-party developer, but they were so broke after the nineties that only a miracle would've elevated them up to the same financial stature as Capcom. Then they created Sonic the Hedgehog 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog. :vomit:

The only times that Sega has done Sonic well since Sonic CD has been when they have outside help. Sonic 2, 3 and Knuckles had help in the United States, and Sonic Mania was a fan game.

If Sega could have better leadership, I think they could make better decisions and games.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Want to play some new/old games on the Dreamcast?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Turn on subs.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

OK.. Why did Sega make magnetic blackboard attachable consoles? and WHY THE HELL CAN I NOT BUY THEM FOR MY FRIDGE?

This is the kind of shit they need to be selling! Battery Bank Game Gears, and Fridge consoles!

I'll take a a Fridge game gear, Master System 2, Saturn, and Dreamcast please Sega.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Crazy Taxi 3 High Roller 4K Gameplay Graphics Mod Textures Pack!

In this video, I bring you a Reimagined Version of Crazy Taxi, by using Ray Tracing filters, as well as upscaled textures using AI, which significantly improves the graphics! Crazy Taxi is a very iconic game, becoming the third-most selling Dreamcast title ever!

Special thanks to Stashymane and Cydhra for helping out in the textures research work! The textures were upscaled using the ESRGAN program, and were upscaled x4 their original size.

Classic Games with RTX is a series where I will be showcasing my personal favorite games that I think deserve remakes using Next-Gen Graphics. Not only will I be exploring the game, but I will be trying to bring the remake we all hope for to life!

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Not even clicking play based on the misrepresentation of the before graphics on that thumbnail alone..

FUCK WHOEVER MADE IT... You think it came out on the Super Nintendo?
Also Crazy Taxi 3??? THAT'S THE WORST ONE!
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Though I don’t see a Virtua Fighter scene taking off, it would be kinda cool to see a tournament of the original.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

The biggest gripe for me? The tiny 16:9 monitor and the massive 4:3-sized bezel that surrounds it. This thing is pretty cool as-is, but it'd be amazing if the screen wasn't so eye-tiringly tiny. :olol: But I guess that's why there's HDMI out, right?

I'd say the buttons and stick do feel pretty good, but are probably cramped. I have tiny little baby hands, so this is a decent fit for me. Mayflash Magic S and NS wireless dongles work, so there's a bit of flexibility out of the box for external controllers.

I want more games on this ASAP, and I hope that the hacking community can figure out how to do that.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yeah going with a 16:9 screen was a weird choice, even if those screens are cheaper.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Just days ago heyjoeway revealed his Sonic 2 for PC project, which was considered obsolete as of one day later when rubberduckycooly and RMGRich released their decompilation to the world!

Download here: https://github.com/Rubberduckycooly/Son ... ompilation

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

That’s crazy awesome! I would jump on the computer to get it now, but it sounds like it might be better to wait a while for them to iron out the bugs.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Yeah I'm excited to play both of them, especially Sonic 2 for Hidden Palace Zone. It's funny that I was just thinking about playing these again after I finish Sonic 3 Complete.