The SEGA Thread: This thread does what Nintendon't

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: The SEGA Thread: This thread does what Nintendon't

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:52 pm Sega are releasing a new Astro City Mini. This one has a vertical screen and comes with a bunch of shooters.

I've played my Astro City for all of 15 minutes, I don't need this I don't need this

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Whats the best hack for the Mega Drive Mini? looks like theres a couple out there but not sure which is better or if they are about the same, saw comments that the lunar one may not be updated (possibly since it came out) curious which is used by you guys. Then just gotta hope a 360 or any other pad I have lying around will work for 6 button games, the Mini only had one pad with it but as it came into the charity shop I cant really complain

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I used Project Lunar back in 2020 to add a few ROMs, but yeah, it hasn't received any updates since then. Looks like Hakchi 2 CE will be a better option: https://github.com/teamshinkansen/hakchi2-ce/releases/

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Just in time for that hacked Genesis Mini!

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well so much for hakchi, just keeps hanging with this message
& stays on it forever, I've tried using comodos settings to allow it as it suggests it may be a firewall issue, the only other thing I can think is maybe the built in windows ones at fault here but I cant find a way to make an exception for it despite the fact I'm meant to have admin acess on my own PC, any ideas guys or an I doomed to just the default games, not the worst fate in the world of course (assumning the failed mod hasnt buggered things up, though I dont think it changed anything as it failed, not sure though)

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

After 50 years, Sega arcades are officially set to disappear from Japan

Game centers are set to rebrand following the sale of shares, the company confirmed

After more than 50 years, Sega’s branding is set to disappear from Japanese arcades, it’s announced.

Sega Sammy announced on Friday that it would sell the remaining 14.9% of its Sega Entertainment division, which runs its game centers across Japan, to rental business Genda Inc.

Genda first purchased 85.1% of Sega Entertainment’s shares back in 2020. At the time, Sega Sammy cited uncertainty around the pandemic as the reason it had decided to sell.

The pandemic’s impact also led to the closure of Sega’s famous Akihabara arcade in September 2020.

Following the sale, Sega Entertainment will be fully renamed to Genda GiGO Entertainment, it’s been confirmed, and all Sega game centers nationwide will have their Sega branding changed to ‘GiGO’.

Sega opened the first of its Japanese game centers in the late 1960s, including Joypolis amusement parks and Club Sega arcades. It’s estimated that the company had just under 1,000 arcade sites in Japan at its peak in the late 90s.

Commenting on the news, Genda GiGO chairman Hisashi Kataoka said: “Sega stores across the country will be switching their store names to GiGO, to express our gratitude for Sega’s 56 years of history and our desire to be an oasis that quenches people’s thirst for real entertainment.

“We will start with Ikebukuro, Akihabara, and Shinjuku. Then to the whole country.”

It’s worth noting that although Sega’s Entertainment business ran its arcade locations, the company manufactured and sold arcade machines themselves separately and will likely continue to do so.

Sega is known for some of the world’s most iconic arcade games including OutRun, Virtua Fighter, Daytona USA and more.

Source: VGC

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Sega Reveals Growth In Financial Resuly Amid Strong Sales of Shin Megami Tensei V & More

Today Sega released its financial results for the third quarter of the fiscal year, related to the period ended on December 31, 2022.

We hear that both net sales and operating profits increased significantly year on year, respectively up 12.6% and 141.5%.

The entertainment content business, which includes games, saw 6.1% growth in sales year-on-year and 11% growth in ordinary income.

The Entertainment Content Business is listed among the drivers of the positive performance and new games including Shin Megami Tensei V, Football Manager 2022, and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania are all said to have performed strongly.

As a result of the strong results, the company has increased its full-year forecast to 315 billion yen (from 305) in net sales and 30 billion yen (from 21.5) in ordinary income.

The Entertainment Content business’ forecast grew from 230 billion yen in sales to 232.5, and from 32.5 billion yen in ordinary income to 36.

Below you can check out all the relevant data.

If you’d like to compare, you can check out the results from the previous quarter, released in November.

Source: Twinfinite

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin