Mass Effect thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Mass Effect thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

One person is all that stands between humanity and the greatest threat it’s ever faced. Relive the legend of Commander Shepard in the highly acclaimed Mass Effect trilogy with the Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition. Includes single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs - all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. More details coming soon.

Available Spring 2021 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.

For several months now, our dedicated team at BioWare has been working to update the textures, shaders, graphics effects and technical features of our three amazing games.

We're not just going to give you a simple remake of the original games. We will do everything we can to modernize the gaming experience for which the Mass Effect saga is famous, so longtime fans and new players can experience original content in a whole new light. It is truly incredible to see the adventures of Commander Shepard come to life in higher resolution, with increased frame rates and jaw-dropping visual enhancements.

As game developers, we always want our games to transcend their original platforms. This opportunity to remaster the original trilogy means that the fruits of our labor over more than a decade will be able to endure and be experienced by players around the world in an even better form. Mass Effect Legendary Edition is a fully remastered and enhanced 4K Ultra HD version that includes all core single player content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, as well as weapons, armor and promo packs! Available in spring 2021 on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC, it will also offer backward compatibility and specific optimizations for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.

We will reveal more to you early next year!

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Mass Effect thread

Post by melancholy »

The only thing I want to know is if it will support controllers on PC. It was always baffling to me that a game that originated on Xbox 360 would have all 360 controller support removed when being ported to PC.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Yeah, that’s gonna require two things for me to get excited about a new Mass Effect game:
  1. They don’t have the team that made Andromeda in charge of this one, because that game sucked.
  2. They don’t continue Andromeda’s story, because that game sucked.
I’ll wait on reviews before I even consider buying it.