Perfect Dark Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Perfect Dark Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

PD is back!

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Perfect Dark Thread

Post by melancholy »

I was shocked to see that reveal. I am hesitantly optimistic.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Yes, letting studios that AREN'T Rare work on beloved Rareware franchises WORKS REALLY, REALLY, F. REALLY, FUCKING REALLY WELL!

I am the opposite to mel on this one. I am recklessly Skeptical. Seems like they've AmericaniZed it as well as set the buildings 50 years in the past with drones..

FUTURE!
PERFECT DARK IS THE FUTURE and THE FUTURE HAS HOVER CARS. They're ruining gamings second great Woman Spy.
(let's just Ignore Cate Archer existing a year before Joanna Dark)

BAH!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

It's been fifteen years since Rare has worked on a new Perfect Dark or Conker, what proof is there that they're the same company and can make good games?

I'd love a new Perfect Dark game, but I'm just curious if Rare has the chops to do a good FPS game in 2021.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:47 am It's been fifteen years since Rare has worked on a new Perfect Dark or Conker, what proof is there that they're the same company and can make good games?
There's no proof Rare can do it at all.
All the talent, and the Stampers left long ago... Pretty sure the creators of Perfect Dark are either working for fucking Ubisoft or teaching university these days (Don't hold me to that, but last I looked that is what they were doing)
and Rare have struggled with their own games in the past. Remember the piece of shit Live and Reloaded was?
where "Twat" was considered a naughty Swear word that they had to censor, where they got away with the same word in the exact same context and the same game on the fucking Nintendo 64... If Rare can't be trusted to remake their OWN FUCKING GAMES to an acceptable degree, how in the fuck should ANY gamer be expected to trust some Rando, Pop up studio with no history to make ANYTHING good, let alone reboot one of only THREE truly great console FPS games? (Goldeneye... ALSO RARE, Perfect Dark and Halo... THAT IS THE LOT OF GREAT CONSOLE FPS)

And no. I did not mis-spell Random. The Studio isn't even worth an 'M' yet. they are simply a pop up, RANDO
I will remain recklessly skeptical untill this rando studio churns out TEN good games in no more than TEN years... THEN they are worthy of even touching PERFECT FUCKING DARK.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.