NAS box problem

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

NAS box problem

Post by Hawq »

So after having an electricitan in today to fit extra plugs I turn everything back on & my NAS box seems OK but now its wearing a nasty red blinking light & the info for it is saying 'HDD (RAID 0) Unformated' is my drive dead? hope not as there 2TB of stuff on it, 2 1TB drives combined. Looking at it through the software that came with it says 'Updated firmware is available.' yet doesnt seem to dl it & a look under the update tab shows this 'This TeraStation is using the latest firmware.' at first then the 'Updated firmware is available.' message again, updon clicking the update though it says 'NAS Internet connection could not be confirmed.' which is odd as its on & I've unplugged it all & plugged everything back in.
Has it just died on me or am I missing something? if it helps its a 2 bay Buffalo Terastation

Hawq
Site Admin

Re: NAS box problem

Post by Hawq »

now its saying
'the network name cannot be found'
windows can't find "\\TS1200D6FB\Share|". The name might be misspeclled.
Problem found
"TS1200D6FB" exists but Windows cant find "Share" Detached
[edit]
And now back to what it said before again, just work you stupid thing

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

additional just seen this & it dont look good think its gone the way of the dodo
(1) Errors
The drive has failed. Replace the drive : Disk 1
Can't mount RAID array : Array1

(2) Information
Many bad sectors have been detected and corrected. This drive may fail at any time : Disk 1

System Settings
Name: TS1200D6FB
Firmware Version: 1.66-0.01
Serial Number: 40243770100572
IP Address: LAN Port 1
MAC Address: LAN Port 1
DC:FB:02:BE:26:FB
Workgroup: WORKGROUP
Storage: Not detected

has it taken itself out back & shot itself? seems like it may have

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Yeah it sounds like that the drive crapped out :frown:
Hawq wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:18 am So after having an electricitan in today to fit extra plugs I turn everything back on & my NAS box seems OK but now its wearing a nasty red blinking light & the info for it is saying 'HDD (RAID 0) Unformated' is my drive dead? hope not as there 2TB of stuff on it, 2 1TB drives combined. Looking at it through the software that came with it says 'Updated firmware is available.' yet doesnt seem to dl it & a look under the update tab shows this 'This TeraStation is using the latest firmware.' at first then the 'Updated firmware is available.' message again, updon clicking the update though it says 'NAS Internet connection could not be confirmed.' which is odd as its on & I've unplugged it all & plugged everything back in.
Has it just died on me or am I missing something? if it helps its a 2 bay Buffalo Terastation
Maybe the NAS uses the hard drive for firmware storage? All of these errors could point to a bad drive. One way to know for sure is to attach the drive to a Windows machine and run CrystalDiskInfo to see the drives' health.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

thatd need both hooked up presumably as they were in whatever raid config combines the drives

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Oh duh, I hadn't thought of that.