Post every time you buy a new game, console, or accessory

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Post every time you buy a new game, console, or accessory

Post by melancholy »

Death Stranding

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Ring Fit Adventure

But it's on preorder from a French electronics store, so fingers crossed it actually ships :olol: I've been tracking the game on NowInStock, but it appears that the bots are buying all of the stock on Amazon and Walmart. I wasn't that interested until the game disappeared and I watched some YouTube playthroughs that make it looks pretty fun. I feel like it's hereditary, my parents were standing outside stores for the Wii back in 2007. It's the thrill of the hunt, and jobbing over of the scalpers!

The gym has been closed for a month now and we keep baking goodies, I need something engaging to get back into working out. I've never liked to do workouts at home, but I'm hoping a game will help keep me interested.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ring Fit does look pretty cool, for what it is.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I have it and it’s really good for what it is. It’s much more engaging than Wii Fit for sure. I just never can keep up on a workout routine, so I only ended up doing it for a few weeks.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:51 am Ring Fit Adventure

But it's on preorder from a French electronics store, so fingers crossed it actually ships :olol: I've been tracking the game on NowInStock, but it appears that the bots are buying all of the stock on Amazon and Walmart. I wasn't that interested until the game disappeared and I watched some YouTube playthroughs that make it looks pretty fun. I feel like it's hereditary, my parents were standing outside stores for the Wii back in 2007. It's the thrill of the hunt, and jobbing over of the scalpers!

The gym has been closed for a month now and we keep baking goodies, I need something engaging to get back into working out. I've never liked to do workouts at home, but I'm hoping a game will help keep me interested.
I was hoping mine would arrive while I'm still working at home, but the way it's going in my state I'll probably be back at work before mine even ships. I was going to use it to keep me occupied as I'm not moving around much :olol:

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Them's Fightin' Herds, the spiritual successor to the My Little Pony fighting game from several years back.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

was about to get some stuff in the PS deals that end today just before midnight, went to look at them today & yet again they are off a day early, previous experiance tells me I could still find then at the deal price for now but I cant remember exactly what they were so yet again Sony has shot itself in the foot a bit, still went elsewhere & picked these up for only a couple of quid more than Ni No Kuni is normally so thats not bad
Saints Row The Third Remastered (PS4)
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (PS4)

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

if anyone gets the SR 3 remaster for gods sake let it do its update before you start playing or you'll get some points where the action sort of freezes breifly for a second or 2, save your sanity & just wait for it to finish getting the update, also how did the shop get that to me before the game thats been out for ages?

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

even post big patch it has a few moments where things pause at times, not as bad as before but worth noting if you're thinking of grabbing it until they pach it again

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

it wouldn't be a Saints Row game if it didn't have bugs and issues.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:16 pm it wouldn't be a Saints Row game if it didn't have bugs and issues.
So what you’re saying is if it wasn’t saints row, it would be a better game?
FINALLY, I’ve been saying that since half an hour in to the first game!

Only recent thing for me is, I sold my old worn out, crappy joyconned switch for $520.
I’ve now purchased another switch with some games for $590.
I’ve been meaning to get more games for ages, and even if I don’t like the games (none of which are shovelware), I can sell them and still be entertained for ages with Botw, which I kept.
Mario Kart, Smash brothers, Pokémon Sword, Civ6 and Octopath Traveller.
I doubt I’ll be feeling Pokémon or civ6, but I’ll give them a shot.. It’s been a loooong time since I played either a Pokémon OR civilisation game.

I hear good things about octopath, but knowing it’s an RPG, and there’s only ever been 6 good RPGs in all of history, I’m not gonna have my hopes sky high.
Again, I’ll give it a whirl!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

If you skipped Civ V, I think you'll really like Civ VI. It's a good game, but Civ V was such a great game that it's hard to move on.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Think more along the lines of skipping civ 4 and 5...
3 was relatively new.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:05 am Think more along the lines of skipping civ 4 and 5...
3 was relatively new.
6 feels more linear and structured than past games. It seems like Firaxis did a lot of mucking around with the core gameplay, and the response has been very mixed. Still not entirely sure if it was the right move on their part.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Link's Awakening for Switch

I had some Amazon bucks to spend, so I spent them on this. I'm glad I did, because I suspected that $60 was too expensive for this game and I was right. The game is pretty good and I really like the QoL improvements that fix some of the kludgier parts of a 30-year-old Gameboy game. Multiple item buttons are a revelation, and so are the permanent dash and lift buttons.

The biggest problem is the framerate, it doesn't run well in portable mode. I do like the visual style, and the audio design is great.

Dampe's Dungeon Adventure is a great idea too, but I wish Nintendo had put it in its own game mode (i.e. Mario Bros in Super Mario Advance). Worse yet, Nintendo tied a bunch of tiles to specific Zelda-series amiibos which is a bullshit move. Luckily, I've got a set of cheap NFC tags from China for a set of spoofed amiibo. I've always hated these money-sucking figurines, so it's awesome to see knockoff cards being sold on Amazon for a fraction of the cost. Bonus points for not sending any money to Nintendo to unlock content already included in the game.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Haven't posted in here for a while, can't remember everything I've got.

PS1 (from the recycle centre)
PS2 (from the recycle centre)
TurboGrafx-16 Mini
NeoGeo Mini
Streets Of Rage 4 (Switch)
Worldwide Games 51 (Switch)
Forager (Switch)
Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl Gold (Switch)
Disgaea 4 Complete Plus (Switch)
Rune Factory 4 (Switch)
Graveyard Keeper (Switch)
Shenmue 3 (PS4)
Dragon's Crown Pro Battle Hardened Edition (PS4)
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (PS4)
Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far (PS4)
Gears 5 (Xbox One)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (Xbox One)
Mortal Kombat 11 (Xbox One)
Dead or Alive 6 Steelbook Edition (Xbox One)
Crackdown 3 (Xbox One)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (3DS)
WarioWare Gold (3DS)
Monster Hunter Generations (3DS)
Tearaway (Vita)
Two Point Hospital (Steam)
Overcrowded (Steam)
PC Building Simulator (Steam)
Kerbal Space Program (Steam)

Got most of the HB/Fanatical bundles as well.

I also got some Xbox One games from the Morington recycle centre, I think it was BLOPS3, Battlefield 1 & Battlefront. So people are now throwing out current gen games.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Persona 4 Golden (Steam)
Command & Conquer Remaster (Steam)

When I got P4G at Fanatical I also grabbed the 2 mystery game pack and one of the games was Garfield Kart. Garfield Kart!

The other game was Yet Another Zombie Defense HD.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Burnout Paradise Remastered (Switch)
Factorio (Steam)
198X (Steam)
Invisible Inc (Steam)
Sensible World Of Soccer 96/96 (GOG)
Cannon Fodder (GOG)
Humble Fight for Racial Justice Bundle

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

PS4
LEGO The Hobbit + dlc
CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS
Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood
Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Contra Anniversary Collection (3 lots of retro fun for less than 1 at normal price aint bad)

PC
Wanking Simulator (might not be that differant from the demo maybe but its was cheap enough to find out)

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Hawq wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:40 am PC
Wanking Simulator (might not be that differant from the demo maybe but its was cheap enough to find out)
You know you've got a free version you can play without a computer, right? :olol: