Pokemon Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Pokemon Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Pokemon Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Captions are working great with this video.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Dad catches a Pokemon as his wife waits to give birth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Placentachu, I choose you!

Dad catches a Pokemon as his wife waits to give birth

Have you heard about the new game that's taking Australia by storm?

It's called Pokemon Go, and it's played via app while interacting with the real world.

As Fairfax Technology writer Tim Biggs described, "Using GPS and internet services, Pokemon GO turns the whole world into a Pokemon region map and, just like in the traditional games, different Pokemon live in different places."

What's more, the cute characters are animated into your surroundings using your phone's camera – so when viewed through your camera, it can seem that the Pokemon are right in the room with you.

That's how an Aussie dad found himself capturing a Pokemon in a very unusual place: on his wife's hospital bed as she waited to go in for a caesarean this week.

Jonathan Theriot took to Imgur to post the image of him about to catch a 'Pidgey' as his wife Jessica lay on the bed.

"As soon as it popped up, I was like, oh my gosh, there's a Pidgey sitting on your bed!" Theriot told Buzzfeed. "So I screenshotted it then caught it and showed it to her."

While some Imgurians criticised Theriot for being distracted by the game while waiting for the birth of their third daughter, he wasn't worried – and neither was his wife.

"She just kind of laughed at it," he said. "It was primarily an eye roll once she realised what I was doing."

Naturally, Imgur users suggested the baby be called 'Pidgey', but the couple weren't so keen on that idea.

Instead, on Thursday morning they welcomed Ireland Sage Theriot.

Congratulations to the family!

Source: Essential Baby

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Dad catches a Pokemon as his wife waits to give birth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

All people could talk about at work last night was Pokemon Go. I think everyone in the place except me has the game. And then onthe way home, I saw one of my coworkers standing in the middle of the street trying to catch something. You know Nintendo has hit gold again when a person willingly stands in a street blocking traffic just to obtain a digital creature.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy wrote:You know Nintendo has hit gold again when a person willingly stands in a street blocking traffic just to obtain a digital creature.
Some good potential headlines for them as well: "Man hit by bus trying to catch a bulbasaur".

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

"Man Electrocuted by Pikachu"

"Simon Cowell signs Jigglypuff to recording contract"

"Team Rocket responsible for Kevin Durant's move to the GSW"

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Pokemon Go: Major Highway Accident After Man Stops In Middle Of Highway To Catch Pikachu!

MASSACHUSETTS– 26 Year-Old Lamar Hickson is accused of causing one of the worst highway accidents after stopping in the middle of the highway to catch a Pikachu.

Lamar Hickson admitted to police that he was playing the newly released Pokemon app game know as “Pokemon Go” while driving. He said “Sh*t if you wanna catch them all you gotta risk it all so I put my car in park and started tossing these balls”.

Charges against Hickson are still unknown, nobody was seriously hurt but this raises concerns about future accidents. We spoke to one of the car accident victims and he also says he was also playing the game.

We spoke the officers Fredrick Jones who says “Texting and driving was already a very serious issue, but now playing Pokemon Go and driving could make things worse.” He said this could double or triple the amount of incidents that happen due to driving while using a mobile device.

The hashtag #dontpokemongoanddrive has since started trending on social media.
source

Pokemon GO Horror: Teen, 19, Finds Dead Body While Playing Game

This is so scary. A teenager from Wyoming was playing the hit game, Pokemon GO, when she stumbled upon a dead body on July 8! Shaking and scared, she immediately reacted. Read the shocking details here!

Shayla Wiggins, 19, from Riverton, Wyoming, got the shock of her life when she found a dead body on the morning of July 8 when she was playing the game everyone is obsessed with, Pokemon GO. Read the full details below!

It’s safe to assume this is the last thing 19-year-old Shayla was expecting to find when taking a walk by the river. She was playing the fan-crazed game and saw something in the water. “As I looked one way, I noticed that there was something in the water in front of me,” she told BuzzFeed News. “And so I took a closer look and saw it was a body.”

Shayla called 911 upon finding the body and waited near the highway until police could arrive. “I was crying and shaking really bad because it was a very scary situation,” she told the site.

Flappy Bird Pics

In a Fremont Sheriff statement provided by KCWY News 13 in Casper, Wyoming, police are investigating the death of an adult male. “The death appears to be accidental in nature and possibly that of a drowning. There is no evidence at this time that would indicate foul play. Evidence located at the scene has led investigators to believe the man went into the water at the location he was found,” part of the statement reads.

We wonder if this will change the game in it’s entirety. Pokemon GO became available for smartphone users. The app actually sends people out into whatever location they are at and places Pokemon somewhere nearby in the real world.

The game uses a smartphone’s camera and sensors, as well as location-based algorithms, to put a Pokemon into the real world and the real life of the players. Since it knows where you are, users can travel around to landmarks and other locations in their cities to catch the creatures and train them. That way, as gamers travel around to landmarks and notable locations, they can catch the creatures and then train them. Stay safe, gamers!

HollywoodLifers, do you play Pokemon GO? Are you obsessed with the new sensation? Tell us what you think in the comments below!
source

Fun sounding game eh?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The first article looks like it's bullshit. The second one is legit though.

http://kotaku.com/teen-plays-pokemon-go ... 1783369790

Can't really blame Pokemon Go for the dead body though, unless he was trying to catch one in the river and drowned.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Sounds like they should have called it Pokemon Ouch!
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This Pokemon Go shit is so annoying Trump would win 65% of the vote speaking out against it. I will sic my dog on any friend who tries to talk to me about it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:
melancholy wrote:You know Nintendo has hit gold again when a person willingly stands in a street blocking traffic just to obtain a digital creature.
Some good potential headlines for them as well: "Man hit by bus trying to catch a bulbasaur".
If it happened near me the headline would be "Man exits car to kick douchebag holding up traffic to play children's game in testicles. Hopes he stopped him from reproducing."

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit wrote:I will sic my dog on any friend who tries to talk to me about it.
"Hey Bandit, wanna see my Jigglypuff?"

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

And speaking of Jigglypuff...

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Image
Seems legit