The Open Handheld Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: The Open Handheld Thread

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Odin Pro handheld is the latest Android gaming handheld featuring a Snapdragon 845 processor. In this video, we benchmark PS2, PSP, PS1, Wii, GameCube, N64, 3DS, DS, Dreamcast, and Saturn emulation performance on the Odin Pro.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

2022 is shaping up to be one of the biggest years for handheld gaming yet. This year, we will see numerous Windows, Android, and Linux handhelds with enough power to emulate anything that you could want. In this video, we will cover some of the most anticipated handhelds of 2022.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

In this video, we take a look at the all-new AMBERNOC RG503 retro handheld gaming console. A beautiful OLED Display right out to the PS Vita clean and load dual stereo speakers Awesome Battery life and an RK3566 CPU is this the handheld we needed in 2022? The unit I have for review did not include and Games so you need to add your own

The RG503 is the latest retro gaming handheld from Anbernic featuring an OLED screen from the PS Vita. In this video, we will do an in-depth review of the new RG503 to decide if it is worth your consideration.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

NupSup, Supreme or other weird names they give these cheap emulator Retro Handhelds. In the end they can play many games only how good are they ?
NupSup!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The All-New AYA NEO 2 Is Coming Powered By The AMD Ryzen 6800U With RDNA2 680M iGPU and 6400MHZ DDR5 Ram! Plus the AYA Neo AIr ANd Aya Neo SLide has officially been revealed! Can with for the new Ryzen 6800U Handheld but while we wait the YA Neo Neo Looks Awesome and should hold us over.

After almost a year of waiting, we finally have an Odin Lite prototype to test. In this video, I take a look at the software, game streaming support, and Android gaming performance of the Odin Lite gaming handheld with the D900 processor.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

AYA just Announced an upcoming handheld powered by AMD's new Mendocino APU and it is priced at $289 and
We’ve got new info like Specs Price and gaming benchmarks for the Aya Neo Air and Aya Neo Air Pro. Is it gonna be able to compete with the Steam Deck?
They also revealed Aya Neo OS and it is based on Linux!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Well we just got news on a bunch of new X86 Handheld from AYA and Ayn! From low cost Intel alder lake handhelds to higher end Ryzen 6000 even an i3 1215 from AYA and AMD Mendocino! Ayn has the Loki , Loki Mini, Loki Mini pro. AYA Neo has the Aya Neo Air Plus and the Aya Neo Geek 2. 2022 is definitely the year of the Handheld Gaming PCs.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The All-New Ambernic RG353P is here and in this video we see how well it performs and if it's worth buying? The RG353P run android or Linux and is powered by an RK3566 CPU with 2GB Of ram. we test some emulation in android like GBA, N64, PS1, Dreamcast and PSP

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The RG353 is the latest device from Anbernic, and it is a model that I have been waiting to get for a very long time. In this in-depth review, we examine the RG353’s features, build quality, buttons, and software to see if it is worth the asking price.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

The Analogue Pocket is now worth a damn (in my opinion). But that's just me, I'm pretty anti-physical copies these days because of the speculative market. It's such a prohibitive barrier for younger folks to try retro gaming, and I hate the fact that collectors have instilled this hollier-than-thou attitude to newcomers.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

pixel wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:22 am The Analogue Pocket is now worth a damn (in my opinion). But that's just me, I'm pretty anti-physical copies these days because of the speculative market. It's such a prohibitive barrier for younger folks to try retro gaming, and I hate the fact that collectors have instilled this hollier-than-thou attitude to newcomers.
*half the forum gives nervous glances at each other*
Heh heh…yeah…those collectors, man…really messing it up for everyone… :shifty:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:02 pm
pixel wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:22 am The Analogue Pocket is now worth a damn (in my opinion). But that's just me, I'm pretty anti-physical copies these days because of the speculative market. It's such a prohibitive barrier for younger folks to try retro gaming, and I hate the fact that collectors have instilled this hollier-than-thou attitude to newcomers.
*half the forum gives nervous glances at each other*
Heh heh…yeah…those collectors, man…really messing it up for everyone… :shifty:
:olol: Anybody else look at the CiB values for their priciest SNES games? I'm definitely glad that I bought Chrono Trigger for ~$60 in 1999 to see it listed on eBay at $800 today. I don't think I'd ever sell it, but I understand the thrill of owning someone that has a high perceived value. My luck will be that I'll need money to cover my stay at the old folk's home and the market will be cratered by then.

I think I'm still salty about those damned mini consoles and how they got retro gamers so wound up. Lots of Reddit threads have been dedicated to declaring the SNES Mini as the definitive way to play those games, with people dishing out hundreds over MSRP for a glorified RetroPie box. It's a great product but spending out the nose for one shouldn't make you a Nintendo lord.

Same thing with the Analogue Pocket, although it's technically justified to be the ultimate open handheld these days. FPGA is awesome tech and I hope it gets cheaper and easier to manufacture soon.

I've come from both backgrounds: Buying these retro games when they were still new and hoarding ROM sets so I could play all the games I couldn't afford. Simply put, I hate that the physical collectors think they can badger the ROM plebs. Some collectors on YouTube make it seem that the only way you can cherish these classic is spending a fortune.

I got into gaming when these systems were new, but I only stuck around when the emulators came around. SNES9X on my family's iMac or NesterDC did a lot more for my tastes in video games than owning the physical carts ever did.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The GPD Win Max 2 Is Here And offers some Amazing EMulation performance! In this video, we test out some high-end emulators on the Intel Alder lake version of The GPD Win Max 2 Handheld gaming PC like WiiU, Switch, PS3, PSP, Dreamcast, Gamecube, and even Orginal Xbox, SPoiler Alert It can run them all!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

New budget-friendly x86 handhelds are on the way powered by the Intel i3 1215U from AYN and AYA and I believe these are going to be some of the best for emulation having already tested switch, Wii, WiiU, GameCube, Xbox ps2, and ps3 on this chip but what about PC gaming? Well, in this video, that's precisely what we will look at PC gaming on the Intel alder Lake i3 1215U.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

:oshocked: Yowza, things are really heating up