Microsoft Games General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Games General Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

That is some surprising pricing. I was totally expecting a $600 price tag. An all-digital next-gen console for the price of a Switch is very tempting.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Shame the SSD is so small considering it's all digital

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

buy a few games & the saving of the disc-less one is gone, M$ have shot themselves in the foot on this one

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Australian pricing:

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Hawq wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:07 am buy a few games & the saving of the disc-less one is gone, M$ have shot themselves in the foot on this one
I’m sorry, but I completely disagree. You pay $25 a month and you get the console, Live, Game Pass, and EA Play. That seems like a hell of a deal to me. Good enough to make me seriously consider just getting a Series S at launch and hold off on the PS5 for now.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's a good deal, especially for people that want to go all digital/XGP and don't care about 4k.

The S will probably outsell the X.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I'm interested to see what the S does versus the digital PS5, as well as how Sony will price both of their consoles.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:46 pm
Hawq wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:07 am buy a few games & the saving of the disc-less one is gone, M$ have shot themselves in the foot on this one
I’m sorry, but I completely disagree. You pay $25 a month and you get the console, Live, Game Pass, and EA Play. That seems like a hell of a deal to me. Good enough to make me seriously consider just getting a Series S at launch and hold off on the PS5 for now.
I was going to type the same thing. Microsoft is going all-in on a digital subscription model this generation. I don't know if it's for me yet, but it's a captivating offer when Microsoft keeps the monthly cost under $60. Especially EA Play, because I will not pay $60 for Madden.

I've tried Game Pass on my PC and I liked it. I thinkg $5/month for these games is a pretty good deal, but that's only because I feel like I can buy them in a few years for cheap during a GOG/GMG/Fanatical/Steam sale if they get delisted. If game pricing on PC started to creep up into the typical Nintendo Switch territory, I'd probably feel chaffed.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 pm I'm interested to see what the S does versus the digital PS5, as well as how Sony will price both of their consoles.
If Sony has a 1080p/1440p model of the PS5 at the same pricing as the Xbox S, I'd be totally down. I want those exclusives like Spiderman :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I finally bit the bullet and got a Razer Kishi for my Android phone. Between my phone and PC, I'll use Game Pass because my friends also have either a PC or an Xbox.

But I haven't tried game streaming on my connection, but the router supports ac wifi and I have a 500 Mbps connection. I like this direction from Microsoft and hope it can work well.

If nothing else, I'll use the controller with emulators and Android-native games. I've been wanting a handheld to do that kind of stuff, so this'll be a good use for that.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I tested the Cloud on my phone with morning with an 8bitdo SNPro+ and it worked better dang well. Granted, I tried Touhou Luna Nights and a 2D Metroidvania platformer shouldn't tax the system too much. :olol:

But my cloud save transferred over from my PC, so I'm definitely excited to have another option to play. I also tried Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and had some more lag spikes.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Games General Thread (MS buy Zenimax/Bethesda)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Holy shit! This shakes things up a fair bit.

Game Pass just went up another notch or 10.