Microsoft Games General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Games General Thread (MS buy Zenimax/Bethesda)

Post by Hawq »

bans & this being patched out in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Hawq wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:21 am bans & this being patched out in 5... 4... 3... 2...
One could argue that MS has already done this with UWP being phased out on the new machines :ocry: Something like dev mode would be a big selling point for me.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The emulation scene is moving fast. In this episode we test PS2 games running on the Xbox Series S under Developer Mode.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

My XSX arrived today. I've almost filled the SSD already.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:52 pm My XSX arrived today. I've almost filled the SSD already.
went to install COD 37 multiplayer only - bare minimum content edition? that took up half, and the day one update then took the rest?
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:43 am went to install COD 37 multiplayer only - bare minimum content edition? that took up half, and the day one update then took the rest?
Nah, just transferring stuff from the X1X. I could fill it 10+ times, but I've just put some of the main stuff on for now.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:08 am
ian wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:43 am went to install COD 37 multiplayer only - bare minimum content edition? that took up half, and the day one update then took the rest?
Nah, just transferring stuff from the X1X. I could fill it 10+ times, but I've just put some of the main stuff on for now.
For now I've kept all my XB1X content on my 2TB USB that's been the storage for all my games ever since I got an XB1. Right now I'm only dumping XBSX games or enhanced games onto internal.

We need a third party external storage solution :(

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yes, some cheaper external storage would be good.

I mainly put games on their that will benefit from the faster loading, like The Outer Worlds. When I've finished them I'll switch them back to the external HDD.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

That is actually somehow even sadder... It's not a new poorly programmed game that's taking all your space, it's LAST GEN SHIT that you are struggling to fit on a brand new release that cost you nearly a grand. :frown:
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:11 am
That is actually somehow even sadder... It's not a new poorly programmed game that's taking all your space, it's LAST GEN SHIT that you are struggling to fit on a brand new release that cost you nearly a grand. :frown:
Both Sony and MS shot themselves in the foot RE: storage at launch. At least Sony had the decency to allow user expandable m.2, although it is currently disabled right now. So still fucking over people at launch. I can add more storage to my XBSX but I'm not dropping that much on 1TB.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Skynet wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:49 pm
Both Sony and MS shot themselves in the foot RE: storage at launch. At least Sony had the decency to allow user expandable m.2, although it is currently disabled right now. So still fucking over people at launch. I can add more storage to my XBSX but I'm not dropping that much on 1TB.
The price of the xbox expansions are insane.
The world is putting everything on cloud based systems. We in Australia don't have the internet to support that so need to make our own clouds with 50 TB of storage on a NAS. :olol:
If I could just hotswap a PCIE based SSD into the new consoles. I'd be a bit happier.

1TB has been small in computing for like 12 years now. It seems insane to me that they expect modern games to fit on that. Especially with the now required 4K textures and uncompressed sound they offer.
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:54 am
Skynet wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:49 pm
The price of the xbox expansions are insane.
The world is putting everything on cloud based systems. We in Australia don't have the internet to support that so need to make our own clouds with 50 TB of storage on a NAS. :olol:
If I could just hotswap a PCIE based SSD into the new consoles. I'd be a bit happier.

1TB has been small in computing for like 12 years now. It seems insane to me that they expect modern games to fit on that. Especially with the now required 4K textures and uncompressed sound they offer.
Thing is, when you price out the cost of the CF they're using, it's not far off the mark of actual pricing for off the shelf parts. :ocry: So who knows if that will come down any time soon.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Microsoft Games General Thread

Post by ian »

Gotta love Microsoft’s marketing team.
Announce things people hate, then either it works and they get why they wanted anyway, or they go for backflipping and making money off the praise for not doing the bad thing.

We’ll market it as NEW slurm, then when everyone hates it we’ll bring back slurm classic and make BILLIONS!
-Two Interactive.