General Gaming Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: General Gaming Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ganryu 2: Hakuma Kojiro is the sequel to the Ganryu game made by VISCO on NEOGEO, the universe takes place in a feudal fantasy Japan which is strongly inspired by the story of Takezo Musashi, whose adventures are unfolded in a series of books (mainly "The Stone and the Sword").

You play as Miyamoto Musashi travelling through a 17th century fantasy Japan, from north to south to the island of Ganryū-jima.

Our physical versions of the game (Nintendo Switch and PS4) are on pre-order and will be available on 22th april 2022.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well gaming & other software but I imagine gaming will be a big part

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

since Sniper Elite is on just about everything might as well have this in here

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:08 pm
Please let that be true. And please let Microsoft buy Monolith. And please let Microsoft release No One Lives Forever 2 20th anniversary edition.

See the NOLF franchise has been in licensing fucking hell for years with no one knowing who the shit actually owns it... If Microsoft buy Monolith they own the original developer, and thanks to other purchases, own the original publisher as well. They will own all the parties who've been stopping the game from being sold for the part 19 years.
I don't often want take overs or mergers, but for the love of all games that have ever existed, please let this happen.

No One Lives Forever 1, 2 and Contract J.A.C.K coming 2023. No One Lives Forever 3 coming 2026 to Xbox Series X and PC.
Microsoft Also have the benefit of having Jen Taylor (The voice of Cate Archer in NOLF2) on the payroll as the voice of Cortana.

Please Microsoft.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Melee Players Abandon Game After Learning It’s Over 18 Years Old

KANSAS CITY — Long-running Super Smash Bros. Melee tournaments across the country are seeing massively dwindling attendance numbers over the past few years, sources say, due to the fact that players have come to the realization that the game is now officially over 18 years old.

“It seemed to us like it was just time to move on to newer, younger games,” remarked recently departed competitive Smash player 3PHb, who asked to be identified by only his gamertag. “After a certain point, the purity of the gameplay just goes away, y’know? I didn’t like Brawl at first, but it’s actually starting to mature into a really interesting and beautiful scene. I feel like I’m tripping head over heels for it!”

Other players who had recently voiced their complaints seemed to agree with 3PHb, saying that the game scene just hadn’t been the same recently.

“It’s great to see the community age, but at the same time it starts to feel stale,” said fellow long-time tournament member RulzXII when asked about the state of the game. “I guess I really feel like a sleeker, newer game would hold my interest better. It’s always good to get in early while the meta is still developing.”

At press time, many departing Melee players report that they’re planning on cozying up to the 2007 game Arcana Hearts while it’s still in its prime.

Source: Hard Drive

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Pocky and Rocky's original Japanese release on SNES was 30 years ago, but the three key figures in its development are still making games - and this year, they've gone way beyond a typical remake to create Pocky and Rocky Reshrined for Switch and PS4. The 2D action game remains just as fun to play in 2022, with its classic elements lovingly recreated for modern systems and expanded into a longer, deeper game - as John Linneman discovers.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

2 big projects eh? knowing Rockstar GTA 5 for PS6 & 7 probably, it would not surprise me

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bill & Ted’s Excellent Retro Collection announced for PS5, PS4, Switch, and PC

Physical edition pre-orders open June 9.

Ziggurat Interactive has announced Bill & Ted’s Excellent Retro Collection for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC. It will include the Nintendo Entertainment System game Bill & Ted’s Excellent Video Game Adventure and Gameboy game Bill & Ted’s Excellent Gameboy Adventure: A Bogus Journey. A release date was not announced. Pre-orders for a physical edition will open via Limited Run Games on June 9.

Here is an overview of the collection, via Limited Run Games:

About

A blast from the past! Bill & Ted’s Retro Collection includes Bill & Ted’s Excellent Video Game Adventure and Bill & Ted’s Excellent Gameboy Adventure: A Bogus Journey!

Bill & Ted’s Excellent Video Game Adventure

An NES game based on those two bodacious dudes of movie fame? Excellent!!!

History has been all screwed up and only the San Dimas Duo can set things straight. Awesome responsibility, man. Ride the Power Phone Booth to six different worlds. Galactic, man. Search for famous Historical Dudes through space and time. Most Cosmic.

Talk with the likes of Julius Caesar (he invented Caesar salad) and Napolean (the short, dead dude). Send them back in time or you’ll miss the Wyld Stallyns concert—starring you! Heavy.

Its a bodacious, mind-boggling role-playing adventure. And your only chance to save the world and earn the respect you deserve. No way – yes way!

A most excellent role-playing adventure!

Bill & Ted’s Excellent Gameboy Adventure: A Bogus Journey

A world without our most excellent compatriots Bill and Ted? No way! Yes way—if the Grim Reaper and the evil Bill and Ted robots get their way! DeNomolos wants to totally change the future, and the only way to stop this most heinous dude is to travel though the “circuits of time” and collect the stolen time fragments! 10 adventures—50 quests.

But watch out! Historical dudes like Billy the Kid are tumblin’ with killer tumbleweeds while the Executioner has an axe to grind with you. Napoleon has a “short” temper and even Granny S. Preston Esquire tries to bag you. Most Bogus!

Time is running out… so be excellent to each other and party on dudes!

Source: Gematsu