The Dragon Quest Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Dragon Quest Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Much has been said of performance in this game, and now we can see the full picture. Switch delivers a beautiful looking result while docked. Curiously, it happens to run at a similar visual quality to PS4 Pro. Something has to give though, and that mainly comes out in its frame-rate while playing its gorgeous user-made levels.
I've been playing it in handheld mode on the Switch. It's very playable, no major issues. I haven't played it online.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland Retro announced for Switch

Due out digitally on September 17 in Japan.

Square Enix announced Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland Retro, a port of the original Game Boy Color game released in 1999, for Switch during the “Pre-Launch! Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition Special Stage” event at Tokyo Game Show 2019. It will launch via the Nintendo eShop on September 17 in Japan for 1,500 yen.

The Switch version can be switched between color and monochrome graphics. The background wallpaper can also be changed. The original Game Boy game is reproduced as it was, but since Switch is a wide-screen device, several useful functions and information are displayed on each side of the screen.

Source: Gematsu

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

That’s a big caveat. I’m sure the resolution and frame rate will be better and I’m equally sure the PC side will get enough mods to fix the issue, but I still think I’ll just keep with the Switch version when I finally get around to playing it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate

Dragon Quest III HD

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I wish they would announce porting the VII and VIII remakes off the 3DS.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Square Enix Mourns Loss of Composer Koichi Sugiyama​

Koichi Sugiyama, composer for many SQUARE ENIX games and widely known for the music of the DRAGON QUEST series, passed away on September 30th 2021. We commemorate his lifetime's work and mourn his passing.

Comment from Yosuke Matsuda, President and CEO, SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.

I would like to take this opportunity to offer my deepest sympathy to Koichi Sugiyama's friends and loved ones. Words cannot express the scale of the contribution made by Koichi Sugiyama from the birth of the DRAGON QUEST series until now. I remember seeing him conduct the orchestra in a DRAGON QUEST concert as if it were yesterday.

I thank and honor him for his long years of service and the many wonderful pieces of music he has written for our games, and offer my heartfelt prayers for the repose of his soul.

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/company/ ... a6c15.html

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai – Infinity Strash Finally Unveiled with WIP Gameplay Video

Today Square Enix hosted a livestream from Japan dedicated to its Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai games, and specifically the console game Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai – Infinity Strash.

Producer Ryutaro Ichimura introduced a video clarifying that it doesn’t yet represent 100% of the quality the development team is aiming for, so what you’ll see is work in progress from a test build.

We get to take a look at a battle against Crocodine while controlling Dai himself, including flashy moves culminating with the iconic Avan Strash.

We also get to see the character menu and the map, even if it’s hard to say how close they are to final.

There are no platforms announced for the moment, nor a release window. The video simply ends with the mention that it’s “under earnest development.”

You can check it out below.

Ichimura-san clarified that development is taking more time than anticipated since the original reveal caused mixed reactions among the fans especially in regards to the graphics, so the team has decided to basically overhaul them. The result is already a large improvement, but there is still work to be done. Release window and platforms will be announced at a later time.

If you’re unfamiliar with Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai – Infinity Strash, it was announced over a year ago with a trailer and screenshots as an action JRPG for home consoles with a release window in 2021 (which obviously doesn’t apply anymore). A few more screenshots were shared back in May, but Square Enix has been fairly silent about it since.

Speaking of Dragon Quest in general, recently Square Enix announced quite a few games for the series, including Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate and Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake.

Source: Twinfinite

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

A completely new spinoff title from the DRAGON QUEST series. DRAGON QUEST TREASURES is finally in motion!

Stay tuned for more info in June 2022!