Sony General Games Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

Re: Sony General Games Thread

Post by Hawq »

The other one mentioned is in a vid in the retro stuff thread as it goes into the history of the guy being the old xecuter stuff

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The PS3 is now as old as the SNES was when the PS3 was released.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Wow. That means my PS3’s are 15 years old and still working. I have 2 launch 60GB systems. One retail, one store demo unit.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

After 8 Years of Trying, The PS4 Might Now Have A Full-Blown Jailbreak!

It’s been over 8-years now since the release of the PS4 and, by and large, the console has proven to be exceptionally resiliant to hackers. Oh, don’t get us wrong, successes have certainly been made here and there. By and large though, the system has largely remained fairly well locked down ever since it was brought onto the market. That is, until now.

Following a report via Kotaku, a team effort between three hackers has seemingly resulted in the first full-blown confirmed instance of a PS4 being completely jailbroken! – And more so, the system utilised, at least in theory, should also work on the PS5!

The PS4 is Finally Jailbroken?

So, what does jailbreaking mean? Well, in a nutshell, it means that every since piece of security and antipiracy software built into the console has been completely bypassed or negated. On the most basic level, this means that the console should happily run pretty much any game as long as the data is present on a harddrive. More so though, this now allows for completely customisable firmware to be installed onto the system meaning that all manner of potential unlocks and new menu application options (including a lot of programs never officially provided for the PS4) could now be available. And trust me when I say that this will be hugely popular amongt the homebrew aspects of the community.

9.👀 (awesome work by chendochap & @Znullptr) pic.twitter.com/ME12bLyu3C
— Specter (@SpecterDev) December 13, 2021

Great Work!

The jailbreak software has been entitled “pOOBs4” and was created by hackers/developers going under the names of SpecterDev, ChendoChap, and Znullptr. With, of course, some help from previous software that paved the way for this full-blown jailbreak to be created.

Now I’m not, of course, going to tell you where you can get this file. And more so, it should be noted that using this will not only very likely invalidate your PS4’s warranty, but could also potentially create a few (relatively minor we suspect) legal complications. It seems, however, that as long as you have a USB to put the jailbreak on, and network access to the console, installing this new jailbreaking firmware is actually quite straightforward.

The only thing that potentially concerns me is Sony. I have very little doubt that with the discovery of this, they’re already looking into the possibility of releasing a new update that thoroughly closes the door on this exploit. Particularly since, as noted above, it should in theory (albeit, with a few tweaks clearly needed) be able to do exactly the same with the PS5.

On the whole though, it may have taken 8 years, but it does look like the PS4’s security was finally beat! And it didn’t even need a somewhat dodgy firmware update like 5.0 (which came from Sony I might add) to do it!
source

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Pirate Flight (VR) is currently free, not that I imagine many have the VR headset but if not add it to the library anyway just in case
https://store.playstation.com/en-au/pro ... 0000000000

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Sony have bought Bungie for $3.6b. Their games will remain multi-platform.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Bloodborne PSX Demake Officially Released!

While Bloodborne undoubtedly remains one of the most beloved gaming titles of all time, Sony certainly hasn’t been overly active in doing anything with it since. Yes, they’ll undoubtedly be a PS5 remaster at some point (and likely before the end of the year), in terms of playing it on the PC, however? Well, officially at least, that still remains a dream. – Last year, however, it came to our attention that a fanmade project was attempting to recreate Bloodborne. Effectively representing a PS1-style demake, it certainly looked more than a little interesting and especially so given its impressive recreation of the era’s graphics.

When will you be able to play it though? Well, how does right now sound? – Yes, the Bloodborne PSX demake has officially been completed and is available to download and play right now!
Bloodborne PS1 Demake

Bloodborne PSX Demake – Released & Available to Play

As you might expect, this is anything but a polished graphical experience. The project has effectively, through the utilisation of Unreal Engine 4, looked to recreate the iconic title but effectively ‘downgrade’ it to appear that it was once a PS1 title.

Surprisingly though, this isn’t a limited demo. By all intents and purposes, this is a full-blown recreation of the entire PS4 game and effectively sees Bloodborne, unofficially, brought to PC! Albeit, given the overall nature of projects such as this, you might want to grab your copy sooner rather than later as I daresay this is already landing on some lawyer’s desk with a C&D being feverously typed out as I write this!

Where Can I Try It Out?

Despite the replication of PS1-style graphics, the good news is that you don’t have to mess around with any emulators to try this out. The download contains a single self-executable meaning that all you have to do is download it, move the files into an uncompressed folder, double-click, and away you go! Better still, full support is on offer for whether you choose to play this with a keyboard or a controller.

Having played it briefly, the only moderate issue I’ve noticed so far is that it’s pretty specific about what resolution it runs in. If you do, therefore, have a higher resolution monitor, you might get a slightly more PS1ified visual experience, but otherwise, I’m exceptionally impressed here!

If you do, therefore, want to check this out, you can download the Bloodborne PSX Demake via the link here!
source

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I’m disappointed. I thought this would actually be playable on a PSOne.