Assassin's Creed Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It looks like Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, Revelations are headed to PS4, Xbox One

Ezio does it.

It looks like Ubisoft will resurrect everyone's favourite Assassin's Creed hero for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

A listing for the "Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection" has popped up on the Korean Ratings Board, which has a habit of leaking games before they are formally announced (thanks, NeoGAF).

Ezio held the starring role for some of the best games in the Assassin's Creed series - 2, Brotherhood and Revelations - none of which have launched for PS4 or Xbox One to date.

Our hooded hero's story then concluded in the touching Assassin's Creed: Embers short film. Hopefully that's included too.

This year is the first in ages not to see a new Assassin's Creed game, although this collection - and the upcoming Michael Fassbender film - should help plug the gap.

We've reached out to Ubisoft in case it decides to confirm anything.

Source: Eurogamer

They should release that one that came out on the 360/PS3 in 2014 as well.

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: It looks like Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, Revelations are headed to PS4, Xbox One

Post by melancholy »

It's amazing how those used to be some of my favorite games, but now I can't even get excited for this. Ubi totally destroyed the franchise for me.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: It looks like Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, Revelations are headed to PS4, Xbox One

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ubi have run the series into the ground.

This should be worth picking up when it's cheap. They probably won't get a massive remaster boost though, because they looked and ran well enough on last gen.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Wonder if the kill your save file feature will be included in this version as well, loved AC 2 when it went in the free for gold, hate that it wiped out my save upon completion, makes me wry of any remake

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

That can't be real!!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's real.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I am laughing so hard right now.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

It must be like a really early build.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That's the release version. It's out now.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:That's the release version. It's out now.

Wait what? So this isn't a joke thread?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Nope, it's legit.

He looks like this on the PS4 version:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

harrizone
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by harrizone »

Even if the NPCs are randomised, it's still absolute gold, he looks like he just realised he left the oven on!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

harrizone wrote:he looks like he just realised he left the oven on!
:olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

This is the first time in 5 years where I'm actually excited for an Assassins Creed. The last one I played was AC3, so I'm sure I'm missing a shitload of story, but I think I am going to skip the last 3 main games to play this.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

AssCreed 4 is worth playing.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Syndicate is also pretty good to. Unity sucks though.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Assassin’s Creed Origins has many editions, from £55 to £700

Ubisoft is no stranger to special editions with most of its games launching with more than one. Assassin’s Creed Origins has taken this to the next level with at least 5 special editions, one of which costs a whopping £700/$800.

The £700 bundle is named Dawn of the Creed – Legendary Edition, limited to just 999 units across the world. The Legendary Edition includes most of the stuff you would expect such as the main game, deluxe pack and the season pass as well as physical goodies like a world map, the soundtrack, art book, art cards, lithographs and perhaps most importantly the eagle skull amulet and 73cm figurine. The figurine in the £120/$160 Dawn of the Creed edition is of course half the size but strangely the main jump in cost seems to be that the Legendary Edition casts the figurine and amulet in resin.

Perhaps the worst part is that for the price, you would expect the Legendary Edition to pack all the content of the previous editions, in which their combined total doesn’t even come close to the £700 mark. Unfortunately, the God’s Edition, Dawn of the Creed Edition and Dawn of the Creed Legendary edition all come with their own exclusive figurine, meaning that unless you are to spend a total of £905, you are guaranteed to miss out on some of the collectables.

Assassin’s Creed Origins is set to release on October 27th. For more information on each version, as a guide is necessary this time around, check out the Ubi Store.

KitGuru Says: The Legendary Edition is certainly only for the most die-hard fans of Assassin’s Creed, but it is still difficult to justify the cost. Do you think this has value for money?
source

I hope it comes with some lube for anyone wanting to get everything, yjey'd need it