What have you been watching on TV?

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Big Boss Man »

Matisfaction wrote:Friday Night Dinner. Just finished series one, loving it so far :olol:
It's hilarious :lol: , the latest one is well worth checking out. Also started watching Atlanta on BBC.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Atlanta is good. Especially the episode where Paper Boi is interviewed on a local news show and they make fake commercials for it.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea its on like a show called Montague or something like that if I'm correct.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I saw the new Sacha Baron Cohen show. It was nowhere near as good as Da Ali G Show. He's just late to do the crazy right wing conspiracy theorist and annoying liberal characters, because Jordan Klepper and Fred Armisen already did them better. Plus like with Trump, how can you really parody Alex Jones if he's already a parody of a human being? Klepper goes for a very restrained performance because you can't match being wild and crazy with the real Alex Jones.

The really funny thing about the Billy Wayne Ruddick Jr. interview with Bernie Sanders was how uncomfortable Sanders looked even before the interview began. I'm sure with that awful southern accent he knew it was fake immediately.

The Dr. Nira Cain-N'Degeocello wasn't funny and felt very fake, the husband especially came off like an actor.

The Rick Sherman character was original, but that seemed fake as well. I cannot believe someone is going to have no reaction to being told what they're holding was made by feces and semen and continue to hold it for minutes, and then to be filmed cutting off her own public hair in a bathroom.

The Errand Morad segment was obviously real since that guy had been on TV news before. But it's not hard to get guys like him to say absurd shit especially with editing. That's probably why it was three times as long as the other segments (Sanders was obviously real too, but he probably called bullshit on him after a few minutes.)

So really the only big laugh I got from the show was the discomfort of Bernie Sanders immediately regretting the interview before it even began. He really looked as uncomfortable as a guy who was pulled over by the police and he knows he has Marijuana in his car. But nothing Cohen did was that funny. Especially compared to Ali G, Borat and Brüno which were hysterical. He probably should have followed Chris Morris and never done character interviews again after the first series.

Also, Sarah Palin is either lying or Cohen did a one time joke about the disabled veteran character. In the Sanders interview he's in a Rascal Scooter because he's out of shape and says he has every version of diabetes.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea character based interviews have their time and place. This was pre Internet but Paul Kaye who did these interviews quit before he was ahead as once people found out who he was the show wasn't as funny

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The second Who Is America episode was significantly better. This was absolutely insane

And the one with the idiot from The Bachelor being duped into reading the ad for funding African child soldiers to go to war was funny.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I was laughing pretty hard at how fucked up that second episode was.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I binged watched all of regular show.

Kept me interested the whole way through.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Season 12 of South park.
10 years on and it's still great, 10 years on and Canada on strike is still the best episode.

I'M NOT YOUR YOUR BUDDY, FWIEND!
HE'S NOT YOUR FWIEND, GUY!
I'M NOT YOUR GUY, BUDDY!
HE'S NOT YOUR BUDDY, FWIEND!
I'M NOT YOUR FWIEND, GUY!
:rofl:
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote:The second Who Is America episode was significantly better. This was absolutely insane

And the one with the idiot from The Bachelor being duped into reading the ad for funding African child soldiers to go to war was funny.
Skynet wrote:I was laughing pretty hard at how fucked up that second episode was.
The last segment with the small town in Arizona was amazing. Dr. Nira Cain-N’Degeocello is probably my favorite character on the show so far, while I don't think Erran Morad is that funny.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel wrote:
Bandit wrote:The second Who Is America episode was significantly better. This was absolutely insane

Skynet wrote:I was laughing pretty hard at how fucked up that second episode was.
The last segment with the small town in Arizona was amazing. Dr. Nira Cain-N’Degeocello is probably my favorite character on the show so far, while I don't think Erran Morad is that funny.
The funny thing is they already had a Mosque in their town

So it's confusing why they were acting like there were never any Muslims in the town. Unless every worshipper lives elsewhere and just comes in once a week.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This might be the best thing SBC has ever done. A surreal humiliation of a horrible human being who deserves it.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

These shows have been hilarious. The unboxing character reminds me of David Walliams of Little Britain. Matt Lucas who co starred with him in it writes for SBC now so I'm guessing its based on him.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Starting Bojack season 5 as soon as I've cleared all this junk. Having breakfast (vodka) and cleaning.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bojack was great.. season started strong then faded a bit, then came back stronger, faded again and then came back again.
Nice roller coaster but 2 lines had me drunkenly falling on the floor:

Diane with the tourists was fucking great:
ME AMERCIA TOO, ME AM ALSO AMERICA!!!! :rofl:

And probably the funniest the show has been:
TODD, YA GOTTA SAVE THE LUBE, JUST PLUG THE HOLE WITH YOUR ERECT PENIS! :rofl:

Now to watch it sober and see all the nerdy shit I can find.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

South Park was a lot better than any show from last season. I thought the ending was a funnier closing joke than they've had in a while.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Think we get the new South Park here on Monday.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

I can't get no...

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Good god the new Dr Who both sucks & blows, even for a regeneration story where the Dr isnt quite the Dr yet it was bad. I had low expectations going in, based off the Tardis throwing her out at the end of the Xmas special, but even those were wild;y optimistic compared to what we got, I guess the only way from here is up (which will please the plastic population) the only potional bright point is my nephew phoned not long after it had ended & when I mentioned how bad if was he said he didnt watch it but the new Dr was on a talk show not long ago talking about the role as having been fun which makes me hopeful that she'll do an Eccleston & leave after just 1 run (though in his case he was actually good at it)