Celebrity News Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Celebrity News Thread

Post by Bandit »

He really is. Inside the NBA with Barkley, Kenny Smith and Shaq is the only show I never miss besides when Better Call Saul is on.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

pixel wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:18 am
Big Boss Man wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:32 pm
He is a goddamn treasure
Yea Chucks great.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I have some bad news for them.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/ ... ve-go/amp/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... trial.html
Since October 2017, Weinstein has been accused of sexual harassment and assault by more than 80 women, including prominent actresses such as Ashley Judd and Angelina Jolie.
Wonder if Oprah will interview the ladies that Weinstein raped/harassed/assaulted?. I guess there's so many she can't find big enough stage to fit them on.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Wow, Trapped In The Closet III looks amazing.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

This ain't a good look if Kels is innocent. But with all this targeting of him and MJ (yet again), why not have the same energy towards Weinstein and others who commit abhorrent acts towards women and children. Have that same energy across the board. Because it seems incredibly one sided and biased when there's hardly any coverage about what Weinstein did. Yet the media is full of anti MJ/R Kelly articles which speaks volumes.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't know what the coverage was like in the UK, but in the US Weinstein was a top news story for months. I definitely don't think R. Kelly is getting heavier coverage in the non-entertainment news media than Weinstein did October 2017-February 2018. But the story evolved as #metoo to include other people who did similar things but were more well known (Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer, Kevin Spacey, Morgan Freeman, Al Franken, Louis CK, and then the Bill Cosby trial.) The media always wants to cover household names, though, which is why the Bill Cosby and Kevin Spacey trials will probably get more coverage. Weinstein is a big name if you care about Hollywood behind the scenes powerplayers, but he probably has 20% the name recognition of Spacey. And Jackson and Kelly are two of the biggest R&B stars ever, Jackson was a god in the 80s and R. Kelly has sold 75 million albums. So in a ratings driven business they were always going to go with who gets ratings or clicks. It's why the Ryan Adams story was dropped in favor of R. Kelly as well. Plus, a big part of the R. Kelly and Michael Jackson stories are fans on social media either coming to terms with believing the allegations or not believing them and debating people who do. Nobody is tweeting about how they can't enjoy Pulp Fiction anymore because Harvey Weinstein produced it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Holy shit this was a disaster. I can't believe his lawyer let him do this. A public defender wouldn't let their client do it. This is worse than his infamous Toure interview.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Gayle is stretching it out for 3 days. Tomorrow will have more R. Kelly and Friday she interviews his girlfriends their parents claim are in his sex cult.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I don't recall that much media coverage here at all regarding Weinstein, nothing in comparison to the MJ witch hunt and the Kels allegations. BBC made two Kels docs, but none about Weinstein so that's where my argument is. If we're prosecuting and demonising sex offenders (and rightly so) you got to keep a level playing field.

It seems they are specifically targeting both R Kelly and MJ for the simple fact they are easier targets. The big Hollywood mogul seems made of teflon and I highly doubt he'll see a second of a jail cell. Kels...Twitter would have a melt down if he's acquitted and he's already tried and convicted by most.

I don't buy into the social media mob mentality and make my own judgments. There's so much BS being projected at us we have to. I believe that Kels is deeply troubled and needs counselling for his own abuse he sadly had to deal with. Does he keep girls prisoner, have a sex cult/dungeon etc - I can't see that because he'd be playing with fire if he was considering the allegation(s) of the past. Did he have sex with underage girls? The only person(s) who can answer that question are those in question since we've never really ever got a straight up answer from R Kelly himself. If there's video evidence which 100% prove its Kels in the video and the girls real age is ascertained then the only presumption we can make is yes he is guilty.

I do think that he'll be found guilty anyway of the 10 charges he's facing because he has already been convicted by the public. How he flew off the handle didn't look good but if by chance he is innocent and these girls lied to him about their age etc then he has every right to be pissed off to the nth degree.

This and the Mike thing seem like gigantic charades to influence public opinion and destroy legacies. Corey Feldman is trying to draw attention to the real pedos in Hollywood but is portrayed as a loon, same with Rose McGowan who Weinstein started a smear campaign against said she was a drug addict, had "his people" steal pages of her book etc.

If you read between the lines and find the real truth it's much more intriguing than the BS the general public is being fed, but the sheep mentality means tons of people are buying right into it. If Kels commits suicide over all this, everyone will pop up on Twitter etc and says how much they love his music and everyone will be bumping Step in the name of Love and Ignition remix. Thats how hypocritical the whole thing is.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Says he's facing up to 70 years on those felony charges.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Spoiler
Nipples

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

After all the hype/anti MJ articles etc the doc only got 2 million viewers here

https://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/395342-m ... nel-4.html

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Oh shit, R. Kelly just launched an incredible defense that I think will get him off the hook

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47504720

Jussie facing 16 counts of disorderly conduct.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Seems they are selling Leaving Neverland on DVD and Blu-Ray as it's listed for sale on Amazon. Who's actually going to be buying that trash because MJ fans certainly won't be. Where is the money going to go?...to charity?, I highly doubt that.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »