The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:52 am Yarra? Glenelg? These are real places?
A lot of Australian town/place names are Aboriginal words, like Yarra. Glenelg isn't though.

Established in 1836, it is the oldest European settlement on mainland South Australia. It was named after Lord Glenelg, a member of British Cabinet and Secretary of State for War and the Colonies. Through Lord Glenelg the name derives from Glenelg, Highland, Scotland. In Scottish Gaelic the name is Gleann Eilg. The name Glenelg is noteworthy for being a palindrome.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

lol I was about to type "Don't forget that it's a palindrome" because they fuckin drum that into you when you grow up in Adelaide, but it's in your quote already.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:46 am
pixel wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:52 am Yarra? Glenelg? These are real places?
A lot of Australian town/place names are Aboriginal words, like Yarra. Glenelg isn't though.

Established in 1836, it is the oldest European settlement on mainland South Australia. It was named after Lord Glenelg, a member of British Cabinet and Secretary of State for War and the Colonies. Through Lord Glenelg the name derives from Glenelg, Highland, Scotland. In Scottish Gaelic the name is Gleann Eilg. The name Glenelg is noteworthy for being a palindrome.
Skynet wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:20 pm lol I was about to type "Don't forget that it's a palindrome" because they fuckin drum that into you when you grow up in Adelaide, but it's in your quote already.
:olol:

We have some good town names like Jolly Dump, Johnson Siding and Booge, SD. And don't forget about Gaylord, MN!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I had to Google Jolly Dump to see what it was like. They show a car wash as one of their tourist destinations. http://trip-suggest.com/united-states/s ... olly-dump/

But I guess it's better than Baltimore showing abandoned buildings for people to go and shoot dope or smoke crack in. So I don't judge.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:01 am I had to Google Jolly Dump to see what it was like. They show a car wash as one of their tourist destinations. http://trip-suggest.com/united-states/s ... olly-dump/

But I guess it's better than Baltimore showing abandoned buildings for people to go and shoot dope or smoke crack in. So I don't judge.
It's not so much a town as it's a place on the map :olol: It looks like the Splash N Dash car wash is actually located up the road in Belle Fourche, a town that I wouldn't recommend visiting.

At least there are some people living in Johnson Siding.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

$1,500 won't cover your triple bypass.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Wait what??! 8 minutes would be a cake walk..
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:26 pm Wait what??! 8 minutes would be a cake walk..
I'll eat it all in 5 minutes for free :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:11 am
ian wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:26 pm Wait what??! 8 minutes would be a cake walk..
That's what I was thinking...
1 minute WOULD be a challenge.
the quad pounder in 30 minutes is hard.. that picture even in 5 minutes is nothing if you're hungry...
Did I miss something or is it a challenge for vegans or something???

(Quad pounder is what it sounds like.. 16 patties, 16 slices of cheese and about a tonne of sauce... and so large they have to serve it in a salad bowl!! after 3 quarters of the burger, it's going cold and almost impossible to finish the rest and you phyiscally start to feel odd... 3 quarters in 5 minutes.. last patties the rest of the 25 minutes and you would trade your left nut to eat ANYTHING ELSE)
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:51 pm
pixel wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:11 am
That's what I was thinking...
1 minute WOULD be a challenge.
If I'm going to eat it as fast as possible, definitely hit those four sandwiches first while taking sips from one of the two drinks. Then it's the fries and nuggets.

The biggest challenge will be those triangle things on the left. If they're scones, good luck with all that thick starch. :vomit: Something flaky like a turnover would be a lot easier.

Also, I'd hope I could substitute soda for water. Carbonation is the devil when you're cramming your face. Either way, use the second drink for those baked goods.
ian wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:26 pmDid I miss something or is it a challenge for vegans or something???
I'll guess this was posted from some East Coast sissy boy, someone who hasn't competed in an eating challenge for money. I've participated in a hot dog-eating contest because I'm a patriot, and I wanted that $125 restaurant gift card.
ian wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:26 pm(Quad pounder is what it sounds like.. 16 patties, 16 slices of cheese and about a tonne of sauce... and so large they have to serve it in a salad bowl!! after 3 quarters of the burger, it's going cold and almost impossible to finish the rest and you phyiscally start to feel odd... 3 quarters in 5 minutes.. last patties the rest of the 25 minutes and you would trade your left nut to eat ANYTHING ELSE)
Yeah, no thanks. :olol: Hard pass from me.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'll guess this was posted from some East Coast sissy boy
There are rules against personal attacks here, sir.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:10 am
I'll guess this was posted from some East Coast sissy boy
There are rules against personal attacks here, sir.
The only way to fix this is to post video of you eating 4 quarter pounders in 5 minutes.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Big Boss Man wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:27 pm Could you eat this in 20 minutes?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m ... e-14250651
No :(

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

For a few months, I tried to use it because there's a McDonald's on my commute home. I should be able to order before I leave work, pull into a parking spot, and someone should come out and give me my food. But payment on the McDonald's app is absolute trash, and I'm a noted dumbass.

I made the mistake of either mistyping my information or using an expired credit card. In that situation any app/website will tell the customer: "Hey idiot, your information is incorrect and you're a dumbass." But not McD's, the app just says there's a problem with the transaction and to check with the restaurant. It's real cryptic and made me believe that maybe their online payment system was down or my connection wasn't working.

One time, I wanted to order online so I could lowkey order 2 or 3 Happy Meals for some Mario toys they had. Because the app wouldn't explain that it was my card information, I went up to the drive thru to ask about the order. The damned app had placed four or five different orders, totaling somewhere around 10-12 Happy Meals. :olol: Luckily that got straightened out.

Another time I tried to pay in the app and thought it was successful. I got to the first window, got a knowing glance from the cashier and continued driving forward. Except he hadn't finalized the sale yet and still needed payment, but I had pulled too far ahead to reach back. I had to go back into the restaurant and work for 5-10 minutes to get everything sorted out.

Now I can't even use my account because I managed to softlock myself out of my account. The McDonald's app has this awesome bug when you try to delete the payment information from your account if there's only one card saved. Now it says "Invalid Payment Provider URL" whenever I try to add a new credit card to my account. But I guess it's safe from hackers?

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

My friend used that glitch from the maccas make your own burger self serve counter things for 8 free cheeseburgers...

Basically, add full meals, chuck cheeseburgers in them, remove the meals and everything off the burgers, then re add stuff to half the burgers for a grand total of nothing...

I mean that’s what they get when you try that self serve bullshit that supermarkets try.

You remove a human from it, and of course other humans will work out that you can get limes and mandarines for the price of lemons.

2kg of good fruit marked as lemons is under $5 not more than $20...
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

KFC buffet! :drool:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'd weigh 350 pounds if I had one near me.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I'd get huge. Being able to select a massive amount of my favourite pieces (breasts & wings) and covering them in gravy...I can feel my arteries hardening just thinking about it.