General Music News

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: General Music News

Post by Bandit »

June 25, 2019: Suddenly, Woodstock 50 — if it happens at all — is looking a lot smaller than anticipated: Town of Vernon supervisor Randy Watson tells the Poughkeepsie Journal that the organizers have submitted a permit application at the Vernon Downs racetrack. Kasowitz provides a separate statement to the paper that “Woodstock 50 is proceeding with the planning of the festival and looks forward to holding the festival at another venue with its new partners.” Capacity would now be at 45,000 to 50,000, down from the much bigger 150,000 attendance goal the festival originally had in mind.

July 8, 2019: A Vernon town board meeting is held on the fate of Woodstock 50 where Oneida County Head of Emergency Services Kevin Revere calls the festival a “recipe for disaster.” Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol proposes that the festival be delayed from August 2019 to August 2020 as a safety precaution. “No matter how good the plan looks on paper, to implement this plan in 39 days, is impossible to ensure the safety of the public,” he says. It’s reportedly expressed at the meeting that “the overwhelming consensus is that the residents do not want Woodstock 50 in their backyard.” Woodstock 50 president Greg Peck responds in a statement, “We appreciate the honest feedback from the Town of Vernon and will continue to address their comments as we enter the final planning phases for Woodstock 50. We are confident that this careful planning and consideration of community concerns will result in a safe, world-class Festival.’’

July 9, 2019: Things are back to looking dire as ever. Variety reports that Woodstock 50 has been denied a permit to hold the festival at its hopeful new venue, Vernon Downs. Oneida County Administrator Anthony Picente Jr. confirmed that “what they have submitted to date has not met many of the requirements” and that chances of the festival taking place are “highly unlikely” — at least not in Oneida County. According to Picente Jr., planning had been “chaotic,” with a major roadblock being Vernon Downs does not have camping facilities. Woodstock 50 was meant to be a three-day camping festival, but to accommodate the new venue, producers reportedly proposed that instead it be three one-day events, with all 65,000 attendees (the new adjusted attendance goal) exiting at each day’s end and returning the next. “We could have done this with a year or 16 months advance, but to do it in three to six weeks is really a near impossibility from a public safety and health standpoint,” Picente Jr. says. Festival organizers have five days to appeal the ruling. Woodstock 50 has yet to comment. As it (barely) stands, Woodstock 50 is seemingly still scheduled for August 16-18 … but tickets have also still yet to go on sale.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Woodstock 50 is happening. Honest, they swear this time.
Woodstock 50 has finally found its venue. The troubled festival, originally scheduled to take place in Watkins Glen, New York, will now be held at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland from August 16-18, the same weekend that was originally announced. A lineup has yet to be finalized; The New York Times reports that while producers confirmed the festival is officially happening, none of the artists originally announced to perform—which included JAY-Z, Miley Cyrus, Chance the Rapper, Dead & Company, and others—have been confirmed to be performing at the new venue.

The newest iteration of Woodstock is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the legendary 1969 festival. After losing their initial event producer and venue, the Woodstock organizers applied for permits to host the festival in the town of Vernon instead. Those permits were unanimously denied in July, leading a spokesperson to tell Pitchfork on July 18 that organizers were “considering all options at this point.”
It's still going to be a disaster when they have 3 weeks to sell tickets and some of the headliners might not come.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Jay-Z announced he will not be performing at Woodstock.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Woodstock 50 is canceled

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

NY times apparently have estimated half a million recordings (master tapes) were lost in the fire.

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/ ... nic-master

The NY Times article

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/maga ... dings.html

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

W00P W00P!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He was 62 in a mosh pit.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Moshing at 62 is the most metal fucking thing I have EVER heard of...

I couldn’t do it after 20.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It will be interesting to see if Eminem is viewed as the modern Lars if this goes anywhere.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Hasbro owns all the music released by Koch/E1 too apparently.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I want a Suge Knight action figure for my desk.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This list is really bad. But so are most Rolling Stone lists.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

That’s a pretty shitty list.
Roy Orbison at 13. Ahahaha

In other news, Bad Religion are coming back to Australia...

Unfortunately, they’re playing a festival with an otherwise mediocre lineup.

Not REALLY sure I want to shell out $180 for essentially one band (I guess Reel big fish are ok, but could live without seeing them)

And since the festival happens in 3 states in 3 days, I’m not holding my breath for a side gig.

Worse still, they’re doing a small show in New Zealand and a ticket to that is a reasonable $95, only problem being I am not in god damn New Zealand!!

I really want them to play a smaller show. But if it doesn’t happen I guess I’ll have to cave.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea its just a weird list. What exact merits are the singers actually judged on?. Because you've got singers with multi-octave voices ranked at stupid places. Whitney Houston should be in the top 10 at the very, very least. Christina Aguilera ranked ahead of Mariah? but no Minnie Riperton who a lot of her vocal stylings Mariah uses and Christina essentially is a copy of MC.