All Elite Wrestling Thread (It's Wednesday...you know what that means.)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread (All Out August 31st) AEDub!

Post by Big Boss Man »

Definitely the Nightmare Family videos are always high quality. I am wondering why the official AEW channel on YouTube aren't airing these and they're on Codys channel. I believe he produces these so that could be why.

WWE really are irritating with their pettiness. Wrestling fans will watch both anyway and it's not necessary for them to put NXT head to head with them. But on the plus side, it should give AEW the impetus to put on really great shows.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, Cody is paying for it so he wants the ad money.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Some people are about to get a Judas Effect.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

New BTE~!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dave Meltzer noted on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that industry insiders are estimating that the debut episode will average 400,000 – 500,000 viewers.
https://www.sescoops.com/estimated-view ... iders/amp/

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That's a brilliant promo from Moxley, saying he's only in the G1 to prepare himself for Kenny. It's stuff like that those 48 WWE writers would never come up with.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea giving the guys freedom like that is a night and day difference to what is presented on WWE programming where it comes off as scripted to the nth degree. Its reminiscent of and I think you mentioned it a while back like Austin when he was in ECW. I wouldn't be against them building AEW around Mox because WWE only scratched the surface of his potential.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

AEW Comes To TNT Beginning October 2
July 24, 2019 – WarnerMedia announced today that the new professional wrestling league All Elite Wrestling (AEW) will begin airing its two-hour weekly matches on TNT on Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 8 p.m. ET to 10 p.m. ET. The highly-anticipated, action-packed matches will take place in different cities across the nation each week on Wednesdays, starting in Washington, D.C., at the famed Capital One Arena. Ticket pricing and on-sale date for the televised live event will be announced on Monday, July 29, at 12 p.m. ET via AEW's social media platforms.

AEW features a world-class roster of diverse male and female wrestlers, giving fans a new wrestling experience for the first time in 20 years. Founded by President and CEO Tony Khan, AEW is headlined by Cody & Brandi Rhodes, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), Kenny Omega, Hangman Adam Page, Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley. The roster is also filled with incredibly skilled competitors including Nyla Rose, Awesome Kong, Dustin Rhodes, Jungle Boy, Dr. Britt Baker, MJF and SCU. In addition to being in-ring talent, Cody, The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega also serve as EVPs with Brandi Rhodes serving as Chief Brand Officer. Renowned commentator Jim Ross has also joined the league.

Focused on fast-paced, high-impact competitions, AEW offers fans more athleticism along with real sports analytics. Wrestlers are also given freedom to explore their characters and highlight their athletic abilities. Introducing statistics to wrestling for the first time ever, AEW will raise the stakes for its matches and deepen fan engagement by tracking each competitor's wins and losses as wrestlers pursue championships. Their moves and damage to their opponents will also be analyzed on-air to provide insights into their winning streaks.

WarnerMedia has been offering fans exclusive access to AEW's previous matches that kicked off in May. Their extremely popular events DOUBLE OR NOTHING, FYTER FEST and FIGHT FOR THE FALLEN were all streamed on B/R Live. The highly anticipated ALL OUT event in Chicago on Saturday, Aug. 31, will also stream on the platform. B/R Live's high fan engagement provides an invaluable opportunity to build AEW's audience and maximize its viewership.
Capital One Arena is 20,000 seats. I'm going to try to go. Also it was formerly called the MCI Center, so it's where Starrcade 97 (and 98, 99 and 2000) were held. I haven't been to a wrestling show in the arena since Summerslam 2005, but WWE runs it often.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Awesome Kong was one of the wrestlers at the announcement, so I guess she will be more involved than it seemed. I thought she was just going to be Brandi's Diesel circa 1994. Maybe she will beat Bob Backlund in 10 seconds.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Cool trailer. I'll give it to TNT, they seem like they're 100% behind them unlike how WCW was treated like the unwanted stepchild of the network.

This is the one for the Nitro debut which I don't even remember airing during anything but the TBS WCW shows on weekends

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Bet Vince isn't happy. :D

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:30 am Bet Vince isn't happy. :D

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

But we were just told by Bayley the wrestlers love being crammed in a rental car to drive themselves.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Very classy pictures. Although Tony needs to buy an iron :olol: It would be great if TNT makes sure you know wrestlers are respectable human beings and not human cartoons.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

That could be a clever way of them marketing them more so as real people than cartoon characters. Its smart they have Jungle Boy in a pivotal position in the photo too. I think I mentioned it a while back but they should make docs (they don't have to be long, just 15-20 minutes, half hour at a push) to introduce the roster individually so fans are familiar with who everyone is and they could say go to AEWs website to see our feature on ... That way everyone can be showcased. That aspect of the internet with YouTube, social media etc can be a huge asset for AEW in gaining a wider fanbase.

Punk talking about AEW

https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/272 ... ng-cm-punk