The GTA Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

Re: The GTA Thread

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

y'know, at this point, every time I see a new post has been made in this thread I'm hoping it's because GTA 6 (or the next GTA game) has a confirmed date, and or trailer. And for at least a year, I get let down with each notification and bump
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

GTA 6 probably won't be announced until RDR2 has been out on PC for at least 6 months, so maybe at the next E3. Or the one after that.

handwrittenhysteria
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by handwrittenhysteria »

I decided to dip back into GTA V again recently and let me tell you, after playing nothing but RDR2 and The Witness for the past nine months, you have no idea how chaotic and sensory-overload Grand Theft Auto is haha

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Still not GTA 6.. :(
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Mysterious GTA IV Update On Xbox One Restores Removed Songs

GTA IV owners who have the game on Xbox One might have received an update on their console. This had a fairly large size and lacked any patch notes.

It was first thought that this might be an update to patch the game and support native 4K resolution and other improvements that are usually featured for the Xbox One X. This didn’t turn out to be the case sadly, as there was no visual improvement made to the game.

The download size of this new GTA IV update was also rather large. It required close to 7 GB of update data to be downloaded on Xbox One. This is unusual for a backward-compatible game which usually gets small updates, even the ones that add support for the Xbox One X.

It has been discovered now that this update will patch back the songs that were removed by Rockstar Games in another update released in April 2018. This discovery was made by a fan account who shared it on Twitter.

Apparently, these songs had their license expire on April 2018, in time for the 10th anniversary of GTA IV. As a result, Rockstar Games had them removed from Grand Theft Auto IV until they were able to get the license to put them back in the game. They are quite happy with the success of Red Dead Redemption 2 and are currently working on their next project as per the reports.

https://twistedvoxel.com/gta-iv-update-xbox-one/

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:22 pm Mysterious GTA IV Update On Xbox One Restores Removed Songs
The whole situation about the songs is ridiculous. This never happens with movies so why with a video game? If you allow your song to be used in a video game it should be in that game forever. Whether it is a copy bought on release day or a digital download 10 years in the future. I suppose they could never release something like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 with the original music either. Copyright laws are so stupid sometimes. I of course understand why we have copyright laws but some companies abuse it. Like when Nintendo was claiming any youtube video that used Nintendo game footage. :rolleyes:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yeah it's screwed up. They should be getting lifetime rights when they make the game, not 10 years.

In more GTA news...

A lot of "GTA VI will be Stadia exclusive on PC" hype is brewing.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Calavera wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:40 pm
Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:22 pm Mysterious GTA IV Update On Xbox One Restores Removed Songs
The whole situation about the songs is ridiculous. This never happens with movies so why with a video game?

Because when licensing laws were written for movies many decades ago the music industry was much better off. Back then songs in something were advertisements you happened to be paid for. Now licensing fees are the only way a lot of musicians make any money. You don't have a case of someone hearing a song and buying the CD, they just go listen to it on YouTube or Spotify and the musician has to split pennies.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Calavera wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:40 pm
The whole situation about the songs is ridiculous. This never happens with movies so why with a video game? If you allow your song to be used in a video game it should be in that game forever. Whether it is a copy bought on release day or a digital download 10 years in the future. I suppose they could never release something like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 with the original music either. Copyright laws are so stupid sometimes. I of course understand why we have copyright laws but some companies abuse it. Like when Nintendo was claiming any youtube video that used Nintendo game footage. :rolleyes:
It gets worse than just songs... If I want to Listen to The Offspring and Bad Religion and drive someone down to the KFC or Pizza hut. I could do that in 2001-2003...
Then I was listening to generic bullshit and driving to the fried chicken shack and Pizza Place...
Then recently on mobile, I could listen to TEN in 2010 and drive people to the fried chicken shack and Pizza Place...

NO!!! FUCK YOU!!!! I AM LISTENING TO ALL I WANT AND I AM DRIVING TO THE FUCKING KFC!!!!!
FUCK YOU!!! I AM LISTENING TO THEM AND US AND DRIVING TO THE GOD DAMN PIZZA HUT!!!!

And if If I'm doing a Kickflip in Tony Hawk 2... It had GOD DAMN BETTER BE TO A TRACK CALLED "YOU" or you and your remakes CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF!!!
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Yeah that bullshit with Crazy Taxi is also well bullshit! So they would really have to pay KFC and PIzza Hut to keep those original locations in the game? Why? It is free advertisement for them! I guess I'd understand if it was in a really violent game and they didn't want their brand associated with that. But Crazy Taxi? Come on! Their solution is pay us or take our likeness out of the game. Well of course they aren't going to pay them AGAIN to use their restaurants in the game. You'd think KFC would rather leave their likeness in the game for free advertisement rather then making them change it from KFC to Chicken Shack or whatever.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I updated my GTA last night and the launcher was forced on me. So I grabbed GTA: SA while I was there.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Rumor: Grand Theft Auto 3 Remaster May Be Coming Soon

While the first couple Grand Theft Auto games had their fans, the game that really put the franchise and Rockstar Games on the map was Grand Theft Auto 3. The groundbreaking game was an open world revelation, setting the bar high for the countless copycats that followed. Grand Theft Auto 3 is quite easily one of the most important video games ever produced, and now it seems that it may be making some kind of a comeback, if a new rating from Australian ratings board is any indication.

The Australian Government's Department of Communications and the Arts has given a new classification to a product simply called Grand Theft Auto 3, which has been given the R18+ rating. No other details about the project are available, except that the classification was issued today.

Now, this could mean absolutely nothing, but it also could be an indication that Rockstar is planning to release a remastered version of Grand Theft Auto 3. It may also mean the Grand Theft Auto 3 enhanced port on PS4 is making its way to other platforms, like Switch or Xbox One. We won't know for sure until Rockstar itself decides to divulge more information, but we're nearing an important date for GTA 3, which has been fueling speculation that this classification is pointing to a comeback of some sorts for the critically-acclaimed game.

Grand Theft Auto 3 originally launched on October 22, 2001, so we are coming up on the game's 18 year anniversary. Better yet, October 22 falls on a Tuesday this year, and since video games are typically released on Tuesdays and Fridays, it could very well be an indication that fans may be treated to a surprise-launch of Grand Theft Auto 3 on new platforms. Rockstar did release Grand Theft Auto 3 on mobile to celebrate the game's 10th anniversary, so maybe it will do something similar on the 18th anniversary.

Then again, if a Grand Theft Auto 3 remaster was in the works, one would have imagine that it would be announced by now. Nintendo hosted a Nintendo Direct earlier this month, and there was no mention of a GTA 3 Switch release, and PlayStation's State of Play didn't have anything to say about it either. Even Xbox had an Inside Xbox presentation focused on upcoming game releases, so Rockstar had multiple opportunities to pull the curtain back on a GTA 3 remaster.

Ratings boards are often reliable indications of new games, so it does seem more likely than not that Rockstar is planning to release something related to GTA 3 in the near future. What that is remains to a mystery, and fans will just have to keep speculating until Rockstar decides to share more information.

Grand Theft Auto 3 is out now for iOS, Android, PC, PS2, PS4, and Xbox.

Source: Gamerant