9/9/99 Happy 20th birthday Dreamcast

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

9/9/99 Happy 20th birthday Dreamcast

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Happy bday DC, I love you! :heart:

Stormwatch
Fighting Mongooses

Re: 9/9/99 Happy 20th birthday Dreamcast

Post by Stormwatch »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 pm Image
No wonder it flopped. :vomit:

Now I have two Dreamcasts, one works fine, the other really could use a GDEMU.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Stormwatch
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Stormwatch »

The asshole that gave away Shenmue to Xbox. :grumpy:

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I still have issue 0 of the Dreamcast Magazine. I remember leaving school early the day of its launch just to drive to the Funcoland (which was 50 miles away) and pick up my preorder.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:18 am I still have issue 0 of the Dreamcast Magazine. I remember leaving school early the day of its launch just to drive to the Funcoland (which was 50 miles away) and pick up my preorder.
Funcoland was the best. We drove 4 hours to the Mall of America for back-to-school shopping and I remember poring over those newsprint price lists:

I didn't get my Dreamcast until May 2002 after I read the article about NesterDC. That summer was all about Jet Grind Radio and marching band practice.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

pixel wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:00 am
melancholy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:18 am I still have issue 0 of the Dreamcast Magazine. I remember leaving school early the day of its launch just to drive to the Funcoland (which was 50 miles away) and pick up my preorder.
Funcoland was the best. We drove 4 hours to the Mall of America for back-to-school shopping and I remember poring over those newsprint price lists:

I didn't get my Dreamcast until May 2002 after I read the article about NesterDC. That summer was all about Jet Grind Radio and marching band practice.
I got mine from a pawn shop in December 2001 with King of Fighters. It was a Sega Sports one but it came with a regular white controller. I found out about DCEmulation when my friend told me about NesterDC and Doom. I still remember downloading a huge pack of ROMs off Kazaa over Dialup, which is why I never really got into pirating retail games. :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Sorry. Title is WRONG. the DC turned 20 last year.
The US launch date of the Dreamcast is mostly insignificant aside from being a cool number. 9/9/99 (one of the few times you Americans get the date right)
9/9/99 being the ninth day of September 1999.. IN THAT ORDER.. DAY BEFORE MONTH.

The DC is TWENTY ONE on November 27... (It's ACTUAL birthday) and can finally have a Drink in America.
Matt will be saying happy 20th on October 14 and We Aussies will be wishing a happy 20th on November 30th...

The console is how we all met... Regardless of the date of the 20th anniversary being wrong (Americans can't even name a Mega Drive correctly, how can we trust them with important information) The console brought us all together...

I've sold pretty much every console I've ever owned when I've got bored of it... Still have my original DC, and will till the day I die (or it dies).

I tried to commission a certain member here to make a GIF of a dreamcast eating a bunch of other console controllers owning them all... but he had too much other stuff on. (I don't need to name him, we ALL know what I'm on about)

so... Happy ALMOST 21 Dreamcast!!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.