Microsoft Games General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Games General Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Xbox is expanding gamertags to give you any name you want (like battle.net), free of change for the first time.

https://social.xbox.com/en-in/changegamertag

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Inside Xbox returns live from London, England for the world’s largest celebration of all things Xbox. Tune in live November 14th, 2019 – 8PM GMT, 3PM ET & 12 PM PT.

FEATURING
• New Game Reveals
• News From Over 10 Xbox Game Studios Titles
• Huge Xbox Game Pass News
• Project xCloud Update
• Wasteland 3
• Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Minecraft Dungeons
• Sea of Thieves
• CrossfireX
• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
• And so much more!

MORE ABOUT THE SHOW
Inside Xbox will welcome representatives to our stage from Rare, Obsidian, Ninja Theory, inXile, Mojang, and Xbox Global Publishing to name a few.

The X019 celebration will continue live from London on Friday and Saturday with online programming (including panels, Let’s Play sessions, and much more) that celebrates and expands on the announcements from Thursday’s episode of Inside Xbox.

Watch live this Thursday on Mixer, Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter, or check out highlights and the full show on-demand after it airs. Inside Xbox is also available with American Sign Language (ASL) for the hearing-impaired, Audio Descriptions for the visually-impaired, and is subtitled in Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese and German.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I had better hear some goddamn news about Master Chief Collection on PC, or I will have no choice but to continue waiting in anger.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:50 amI will have no choice but to continue waiting in anger.

You just summed up 2019 in gaming. :rofl:

That line is even better than 2018's 'An out of season April Fools joke'
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:17 am
pixel wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:50 amI will have no choice but to continue waiting in anger.

You just summed up 2019 in gaming. :rofl:

That line is even better than 2018's 'An out of season April Fools joke'
:olol:

Dreams really do come true:

Me and some of the boys had already planned a nerd day on December 14 for some PC gaming. Back in the Xbox 360 days, we used to host a big LAN party each year to play Halo.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Here's Rare's new game:

And here's Obsidian's new game:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Xbox Scarlett exec reveals TRUTH about Microsoft's backwards compatibility plans

Microsoft Game Studios head, Matt Booty, says that the Xbox family of devices won't get left behind next generation

Xbox's Matt Booty says that Microsoft isn't holding any games back for the Scarlett because the new releases for the foreseeable future are intended to be playable across the whole Xbox family.

"Perhaps we feel confident about our content pipeline so that we feel like we don't have to save everything up for [Scarlett],"said Booty, following the reveal of a new lineup of games at the London X019 event. "But then I will also say that, really for any device these days, when you launch a new device you are not eliminating all of the devices in that family.

"When Scarlett launches there will still be the Xbox One S out there, there will still be Xbox One X, and we really need to approach that family of devices, the same way we approach PC - content scales to meet the device. I think that's going to be the case for anybody."

While the company wants to make the most out of the next gen's console power, it doesn't want to abandon the family of consoles it's curated. Additionally, backwards compatibility as a feature is part of Microsoft's marketing strategy this upcoming generation as it tries to claw back some of the market share. Earlier this year, PS4 consoles accounted for 56% market share, while the Xbox was at 25%, barely pulling ahead of the Nintendo Switch's 19% (via vgchartz).

"We will absolutely lean in on the power of Scarlett, we think is going to be the best way to play and it will be the best thing you can put in your living room, but we also want to understand that there will be a family of Xbox devices out there."

The Xbox Scarlett is expected to be more powerful than the PS5, but with a focus on backwards compatibility for Microsoft going up against Sony's marketing strategy of getting PS4 owners switching over to the PS5 as quickly as possible, getting bogged down in support for an extended family of consoles could be a gamble for Xbox, and we'll have to see if it pays off.

https://www.t3.com/news/xbox-scarlett-e ... lity-plans

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Scarlet now has a name.

The XBOX SEX!! After XBONE and XBOX SAD, they’ve topped themselves...
Calling it the Series X is either the best thing or stupidest thing ever.

Here comes the customer confusion.. so the series X is like an accessory for my xbone X??
Much like how the Wiiu was an accessory for the wii?

Hey little Timmy. What do you want from Santa this Christmas?
I want a SEX!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Here's the XSex video:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I REALLY hope you can lay it down safely, because that would never fit in my setup. And even then, it’s going to look terrible. What an annoying design.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I'd assume you can lay it down. As long as the vent up top can get air to it then it should be fine.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

A video I watched said either way is fine. Horizontal wouldn't bother me too much, looks fine. Vertical is a bit high.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »