Rocky Johnson Dead At 75

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Rocky Johnson Dead At 75

Post by Bandit »

Wow, that's surprising and terrible news. He's very underrated. Better in the ring than Dwayne was and should have been a bigger star.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Re: Rocky Johnson Dead At 75

Post by Ocelot »

He drew incredibly well in the territory days, wherever he went, and was a hell of a hand in the ring. Very honest man - I've always been touched by how sincere he was about his problems and faults during his wrestling days and how he worked so hard to make up for them with Dwayne alongside him. My heart goes out to his entire family.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

RIP Rocky

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Sad to hear Rocky Johnson has passed away. RIP Soul Man

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The Hannibal TV has a follow-up on what happened at Rocky Johnson’s funeral when Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson had their turn to speak about him.

Harry Smith (Davey Boy Smith, Jr.) says he was at the funeral and he confirmed to Devon Nicholson that McMahon and Patterson’s behavior was odd.

Nicholson said that Smith was not available for a Skype call at the moment but he said Smith told him, “I could confirm this.” Nicholson says Smith told him, “I think Vince and Pat were both really strange or they were drunk or they were a bit of both, probably. Pat’s microphone got cut off because he was talking so long at the funeral. Pat’s final ending line was, ‘you know last night I was drunk and I was drinking water or what I thought was in the sink and then the toilet seat fell on my head.'”

Smith, via Nicholson, continued, “Vince said ‘Rocky Johnson was a great wrestler but the greatest thing he ever did was marry Ata and Ata had some kids. Then he walked out of the building. Vince strutted on and off the stage like he was cutting a promo. He looked like he had really shrunk [in size] … Vince and Pat are both completely out to lunch. I thought they were drunk but I spoke to Pat and maybe he’s just going senile.”

Nicholson said he has heard stories about Pat going senile from other people. He continued to read more from Davey Boy: “I don’t think Pat’s memory is that good.”

Nicholson said he spoke to Johnson’s best friend, Al Rosen. According to Nicholson, Rosen says nobody from the family was offended by Vince’s behavior.