Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Jim Cornette Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dave Meltzer wrote:I have grown to be entertained by watching people obsessed with the failures of others self-destruct when same said people are successful. The sad part is I'd be entertained even more if they learned, and many do, but for some, it's just impossible.

If Cornette, who used to read so closely that in the other MMA column I made mention of a figure who as it turned out the person's father was a friend of Cornette's father a few years ago, couldn't understand the two different articles I wrote about why AEW was going to get a significant TV deal when the contract was up (which is a few years from now) was sad. I spelled it out with facts and numbers. But even I was surprised they got the deal years early. I had hoped he'd learn the landscape from that article, and when he didn't, at least from the reality of that deal. I even listened to his show that week, and he doubled down. it was so sad. I mean, you could see this coming.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

One important thing that Jim is forgetting is however much he dislikes the modern pro-wrestling, WWE have a billion dollar TV deal and AEW straight out the gate have a $34m TV deal on TNT after one year of existence.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Yes tell me about those classic ***** matches Jim Cornette has worked. Not managed, worked.

He's just getting bombed out by Metlzer.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:29 am Yes tell me about those classic ***** matches Jim Cornette has worked. Not managed, worked.

And Dave didn't even bring up this

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

So has Jim Cornette officially worked a worked a work until he worked a worked into a shoot, marks?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yes, but he's also the same guy who ended his friendship with Kenny Bolan for saying "Hey, maybe you should tell your crazy fan not to try to kill Vince Russo."

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Brian Last: "Don't troll my star troll."

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Twitter is the world's top wrestling promotion. We've got main event feuds, undercard feuds, run ins, the works.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Said it before, Cornette is still the best heel in the business.
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

New feuds started!

Ryan Satin took a shot at Meltzer, and Bix took a shot back at Satin.

Don't know what Bix tweeted.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Not sure if these are related to the Twitter beef also

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Bandit wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:39 am
Ocelot wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:29 am Yes tell me about those classic ***** matches Jim Cornette has worked. Not managed, worked.

And Dave didn't even bring up this

This is why the "smarks" will never get it. Cornette has never been a wrestler, the whole reason why he was in gimmick matches were to show him up as the chicken shit heel manger with a big mouth. These matches were usually the blow off match in a feud. Cornette was never supposed to look good in the ring or be a world champion.
I can't get no...

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bobby Heenan did similar where he dressed up in a Weasel suit and got his comeuppance for winding up the baby faces. No ones complaining about that part. It's Jim being completely obtuse for no reason other than to be contrarian & deliberately piss people off that fans have an issue with. If he doesn't like Kenny, The Bucks, AEW etc he doesn't have to watch it. If he doesn't like Joey Ryan & the other things he rants & raves about that he doesn't have to watch that either.

I think Jim enjoys winding people up but it's to his detriment. If he was more level headed he could be on TNT every week with MJF and making a ton of money generating real heel heat. I know he's selling books, getting podcast listeners, his YouTube channel is monitized I presume etc. But if he didn't burn so many bridges he could get fans to "hate" on him for a reason.

Corny's renegade attitude I think is counter productive since he's leaving a lot of money on the table. Say he turned up in AEW and they paired him up with MJF they could genuinely piss the fans off so much they want to tune in, buy tickets etc to see them get beat up. Right now there's no pay off to what he's doing. I've said on a lot of occasions I like Corny and used to check out his shoots & podcast. But now because he's just gone way overboard I just tune his rants out nowadays.

Like Dave Meltzer he has a lot of value as a wrestling historian but he needs to quit with him ranting over every tiny thing that goes against his viewpoint of wrestling might be. There's stuff in WWE which sucks but I've not heard him go OTT about the Lana/Lashley angle for example.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I wonder how Jim will react when somebody attacks the way his wife looks? Guys like Kenny & Bix won't do it but someone will eventually.