The GTA Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: The GTA Thread

Post by ian »

FUCK YOU BOTH!!!

And I say that as someone who's had some of the most hilarious times of my gaming life with both of you... Come to think of it, I've met you both too...
When the next GTA comes out, we've all gotta play the new game together.
I call ICM's car!
Skynet: I CAN DRIVE!!! 4 seconds later, we're ALL DEAD IN A FIREBALL!!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:31 pm FUCK YOU BOTH!!!

And I say that as someone who's had some of the most hilarious times of my gaming life with both of you... Come to think of it, I've met you both too...
When the next GTA comes out, we've all gotta play the new game together.
I call ICM's car!
Skynet: I CAN DRIVE!!! 4 seconds later, we're ALL DEAD IN A FIREBALL!!
My motorbike riding was perfectly acceptable for those few seconds before we crashed.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

PC Gamer wrote:Dan Houser, who founded Rockstar Games in 1998 with his brother Sam, is leaving the company. His upcoming departure was revealed in an SEC filing made today by parent company Take-Two Interactive.

"After an extended break beginning in the spring of 2019, Dan Houser, Vice President, Creative at Rockstar Games, will be leaving the company. Dan Houser’s last day will be March 11, 2020," the filing says. "We are extremely grateful for his contributions. Rockstar Games has built some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful game worlds, a global community of passionate fans and an incredibly talented team, which remains focused on current and future projects."

More information may be revealed on Thursday, when Take-Two makes its quarterly financial call. I've reached out to Rockstar for comment and will update if I receive a reply.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So the TLDR is basically: Next GTA game not worth playing? Dan may not have invented GTA, but sure as fuck took it where it needed to go.

Rockstar without Dan Houser is like Rare without the Stampers, Nintendo without Miyamoto, EA without Trip Hawkins. I.E. FUCKING USELESS!

A single tear falls down my cheek... It will be a sad day when he leaves.
a sad, sad day.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Releasing GTA 4 on Steam again with no multiplayer is ridiculous, IMO. I mean, GFWL was bullshit, but it somewhat worked.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yeah, it sucks for people that still liked the multiplayer.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

but when will they give us another 80's Vice City and London, though with modern systems I guess a GTA UK would be more possible taking in London, Manchester, Liverpool & maybe Glasgow or Edinburgh, those 2 ideas are what they really need to work on, back to their UK roots from the DMA days

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:22 am
Early in development?
Moderately sized release?
Regular updates?
Changes how it produces games?
Avoid Crunch?

ian wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:45 am So the TLDR is basically: Next GTA game not worth playing?
CALLED IT!

Turns out Dan Houser may have been the lookout on the titanic. He saw the MASSIVE FUCKING ICEBERG, and left on a lifeboat.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:48 pm
ian wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:45 am So the TLDR is basically: Next GTA game not worth playing?
CALLED IT!

Turns out Dan Houser may have been the lookout on the titanic. He saw the MASSIVE FUCKING ICEBERG, and left on a lifeboat.
Hawq wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:56 pm but when will they give us another 80's Vice City and London, though with modern systems I guess a GTA UK would be more possible taking in London, Manchester, Liverpool & maybe Glasgow or Edinburgh, those 2 ideas are what they really need to work on, back to their UK roots from the DMA days
My worst fear is a U.S. West Coast-themed, online-focused menagerie of fuckery :olol: Adjectives like "moderately sized" and "regular updates" give me a bad feeling that GTA is about to make a full turn into becoming a DLC/season pass cash funnel like all the other major multiplayer games online.

I want a fresh location (Vice City included) and good single-player gameplay for $60. Unfortunately, I think it'd be financial suicide for Rockstar to try something like a GTA UK at this point, with all the users dumping money into GTA Online. I don't think those people would be open to a gritty reimagining of a Thatcher-era UK, but I'd eat that shit up.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I just like seeing how ridiculously huge the maps keep getting. I want a map the size of Oregon.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Grand Theft Auto 6 Has Been in the Works Since 2014; Game Will Feature a Huge Map at Launch – Rumor

Despite not having been announced yet, there is no doubt that Rockstar Games is working on Grand Theft Auto 6 following the release on Red Dead Redemption 2 on consoles and PC. A report shared last week suggested that the game will be smaller than the previous entry at launch, but it seems like this may not be the case, according to a new report that has surfaced online recently.

Chris Liberty shared in a fresh livestream, as reported on Reddit, that it is not true that Grand Theft Auto 6 is still early in development, as the game has been in pre-production since 2014. The fact that the game is actually past the early-development phase was also suggested last week by another well-known insider. Additionally, Chris Liberty confirmed that Grand Theft Auto 6 is going to feature a huge map and not a moderately-sized one as suggested in last week's report.

While Chris Liberty doesn't provide any information on his sources, he has proven in the past to be extremely reliable, as he revealed that Dan Houser was leaving Rockstar games before an official announcement was made, so there's a very high chance that the information he has provided regarding GTA 6 is legit.

Grand Theft Auto 6 has yet to be officially announced, but if the game entered pre-production in 2014, there's a good chance that it may release within the next couple of years, given the usual development cycle for Rockstar Games open-world titles.

https://wccftech.com/grand-theft-auto-6 ... ap-launch/

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:54 am
My worst fear is a U.S. West Coast-themed, online-focused menagerie of fuckery :olol: Adjectives like "moderately sized" and "regular updates" give me a bad feeling that GTA is about to make a full turn into becoming a DLC/season pass cash funnel like all the other major multiplayer games online.

I want a fresh location (Vice City included) and good single-player gameplay for $60. Unfortunately, I think it'd be financial suicide for Rockstar to try something like a GTA UK at this point, with all the users dumping money into GTA Online. I don't think those people would be open to a gritty reimagining of a Thatcher-era UK, but I'd eat that shit up.

I want to go back to Vice City, and do a mission where I help a wheelchair bound 70 year old Tommy Vercetti with a drug run or something...
Liberty City has been done to death. (1,3,4, Liberty City Stories, GTA Advance, Chinatown wars)
San Andreas has been done a few times (1, San Andreas, and the most recent 5)
Vice City hasn't been done in a while (1, Vice City, and Vice City Stories)
So If I had to chose a setting it'd be modern day Vice City, but if you want a fresh location, I'd also settle for Carcer City

And before anyone says, BUT CARCER CITY IS MANHUNT! The city is referenced in quite a few GTA games, suggesting that it exists within the GTA World. Carcer City exists in both the 3D era and HD era of GTA.

If the game is an amazing single player experience, I am all in. Like with basically any GTA since 1997 (Not counting Chinatown wars, Advance, and 3 on launch)

But it's gonna be all micro transactions, updates, DLC and season passes, isn't it?
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:55 pm But it's gonna be all micro transactions, updates, DLC and season passes, isn't it?

Although, the latest from Chris Liberty does ease my mind a little. Hopefully GTA 6 will be the same as 5, a big single-player mode with a cash vacuum strapped in for the multiplayer.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Give me nightclubs I can dance and pick up girls in, buildings I can wreck, and being able to have consistent fun in the game without having to download a bunch of bullshit all the time and I will happily plug in my old TV, get a PS4, and buy the game.

San Andreas had two of these. You couldn't really blow up a skyscraper but you could dress up like FUCKING JASON VOORHEES and stalk people in the country and if that wasn't the greatest goddamn shit ever nothing is.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Some hot games coming out on the PS3!