Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Remastered footage of New York City in 1911

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Remastered footage of New York City in 1911

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Cars, trams + horse & carts on the same roads. It should be like that now!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

They've also got footage of Paris and Moscow from the 1890s.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

People have been doxxed!

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Seeing any good quality footage of everyday life from 100+ years ago is so interesting. Any little bit of footage is interesting because there isn't a ton of it in existence. But in 2110 they will be able to look back at so much footage from the past. There is so much of it will they even find it interesting? It also makes me wonder how long youtube will be around and will all the current videos stay up as long as the site is up? In 2120 will they be videos that say "Uploaded 110 years ago" I already think it is crazy that there are videos that were uploaded 14 years ago on youtube.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Calavera wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:07 pm Seeing any good quality footage of everyday life from 100+ years ago is so interesting. Any little bit of footage is interesting because there isn't a ton of it in existence. But in 2110 they will be able to look back at so much footage from the past. There is so much of it will they even find it interesting? It also makes me wonder how long youtube will be around and will all the current videos stay up as long as the site is up? In 2120 will they be videos that say "Uploaded 110 years ago" I already think it is crazy that there are videos that were uploaded 14 years ago on youtube.
I had the same thought :) The other thing to ask is why will this footage look old to people in a 100 years?

It will obviously look "low res" because of the original source material, screen resolutions will keep expanding over the next century. But at some point very soon, screen resolutions will outstrip basic human perception. Once we reach that limit, how will companies innovate the newest and greatest entertainment tech? Is it straight up VR with 8K screens strapped to our faces? Will we start interfacing directly with our eyes and/or brain? Or how about holodecks?? Or the Matrix!?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They're going to think we were all annoying as fucking shit if they're going off of Youtubers. They also might think cats had equal status to humans.

And yes I want to be frozen and thawed like Demolition Man so I can experience the holodeck in 2200.