Coronavirus thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Ocelot »

Two more reports of possible cures. There is hope.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:26 pm Two more reports of possible cures. There is hope.

Three

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

blanket limit on purchases in Asda here now, only 3 of each item allowed, understandable with people panik buying bog roll & stuff but I was getting 4 moxes of Creme Eggs for gods sake & they had to take one away & refund it. Worlds gone beserk as they said its a blanket limit on everything in the store, apart from dvd's & I think one other thing

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Hawq wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:19 am blanket limit on purchases in Asda here now, only 3 of each item allowed, understandable with people panik buying bog roll & stuff but I was getting 4 moxes of Creme Eggs for gods sake & they had to take one away & refund it. Worlds gone beserk as they said its a blanket limit on everything in the store, apart from dvd's & I think one other thing
Sorry about the creme eggs, it reminds me of the Deadly Duplicator

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Hawq wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:19 am blanket limit on purchases in Asda here now, only 3 of each item allowed, understandable with people panik buying bog roll & stuff but I was getting 4 moxes of Creme Eggs for gods sake & they had to take one away & refund it. Worlds gone beserk as they said its a blanket limit on everything in the store, apart from dvd's & I think one other thing
Goodwill hasn't imposed any limits yet. I'm well stocked but I'm gonna buy every damn VCR and tape deck they have! It makes as much sense as hoarding toilet paper! :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

and now non essential shops have been shut so I'm taking a break from the charity shop til all this blows over, was asked to go in for a bit tomorrow when there ealier but got a call just as I was about to eat saying not to bother as its gonna be shut. Down the road meanwhile the locusts continue to swarn in Aldi so I couldnt find any cereal, apparantly there was barely any in town either just a Tesco own band version (hope its alright) gonna have to start hunting cats at this rate

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I went to the shops yesterday and today and except for TP, tissues & pasta most things were back in stock.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I’m off all next week on paid leave, and may be off the following week as well unless I volunteer to work with a $3 an hour bonus. I decided that all this news has depressed me to the point where I’m going on a media blackout for a few days to decompress. I’m turning off my phone, doing some projects and kicking back with some video games. So I may be gone for a while starting Monday.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

melancholy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:38 pm I’m off all next week on paid leave, and may be off the following week as well unless I volunteer to work with a $3 an hour bonus. I decided that all this news has depressed me to the point where I’m going on a media blackout for a few days to decompress. I’m turning off my phone, doing some projects and kicking back with some video games. So I may be gone for a while starting Monday.
I know what you mean, I had to be late to work one day because I made the mistake of watching the news while eating breakfast.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I had a pickup order at the grocery store today, the big things that they didn't have were bone-in chicken pieces and turkey breast. I've got some chicken breast and thighs in the freezer, so that's alright. The stock citywide seems a little uneven though, because a friend says Walmart is out of ice cream while the other grocery chain has all flavors and brands available.

We had a funeral for my grandpa on Tuesday. That was weird, since they limited the attendance just to immediate family. Otherwise it was a good memorial service and we shared some good memories. Grandma is being kept under lock and key, no one gets in or out at the retirement home.

I've been working from home for a week but our offices aren't closed. I checked in yesterday over the lunch hour and things were slow, about half of the staff wasn't there for various reasons. My girlfriend starts working from home on Monday, so hopefully this 2-bedroom apartment isn't too small for the two of us. :olol:

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:38 pm I’m off all next week on paid leave, and may be off the following week as well unless I volunteer to work with a $3 an hour bonus. I decided that all this news has depressed me to the point where I’m going on a media blackout for a few days to decompress. I’m turning off my phone, doing some projects and kicking back with some video games. So I may be gone for a while starting Monday.
Are you in Marion County?

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Calavera wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 pm
Are you in Marion County?
Delaware.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »