Site Admin

Re: NWA Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Into The Fire >>> I'm Broken

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, Into The Fire was a much better fit because they're doing an 80s nostalgia show. The Pantera song would be better if this was an ECW influenced show.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Any reason why they changed from "Into The Fire"?. Licensing reasons maybe.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm not sure. I don't think it's a money issue because I am assuming Pantera songs cost more than Dokken because Pantera were bigger and Dokken is kind of forgotten about (although George Lynch is a great guitarist.) I think Billy Corgan just changed the song to signify it was a different "season" with Marty there and chose that song for whatever reason.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Wearing a mask when your facial hair just hangs the fuck out of it is so stupid.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:10 am I'm not sure. I don't think it's a money issue because I am assuming Pantera songs cost more than Dokken because Pantera were bigger and Dokken is kind of forgotten about (although George Lynch is a great guitarist.) I think Billy Corgan just changed the song to signify it was a different "season" with Marty there and chose that song for whatever reason.
OK thanks. Considering they have a retro vibe for the NWA you'd think they'd have chosen a more 80s type theme. Pantera's first album came out in 1983 so had it been a song from that or any of their other 80s albums it would have been more fitting. But like you've mentioned I equate Pantera more so with ECW or an ECW style promotion and the song the NWA is using now is from 1993/1994.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Pantera disowned their 80s metal albums where they sounded like Van Halen and only acknowledge the 90s albums where Phil Anselmo's influence changed the sound when he joined to what they became (kind of lIke a soulful thrash metal.) So the estate of the Abbott Brothers probably wouldn't even let them have those 80s songs because they're embarrassed of them.

To

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I get them wanting to distance themselves from their old sound. But their four earlier albums have had unofficial CD re-releases in the US, Russia & Japan so there is a certain level of demand to hear the older music. They could remaster the albums and maybe call them something like "The Metal Magic Years" so it's separate in a way to their later releases.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Billy talks about Dixie and TNA/Impact too, but for legal reasons some of the interview has been edited.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Great picture of Chris.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

One name stands the test of time when talking legendary promoter is Paul Boesch and Houston Wrestling. The long-time NWA Promoter presented wrestling in the city of Houston in the 1960s, 70s and 80s featuring the biggest names of all of wrestling from every major wrestling organization.

This special presentation of Paul Boesch's Houston Wrestling features legends of the National Wrestling Alliance like Andre The Giant, NWA Worlds Champion Harley Race who is holding the Ten Pounds of Gold, Superstar Billy Graham, Mil Mascaras, Bruiser Brody, Gino Hernandez and so many more.

This video also features classic commercials from the era featuring Dusty Rhodes and others. Plus in action - Gino Hernandez & Superstar Billy Graham.

The National Wrestling Alliance is proud of its history across all the territories and the seventy plus years of the NWA.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »