Streaming Services Thread (Netflix, Disney+, Hulu etc.)

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Re: Streaming Services Thread (Netflix, Disney+, Hulu etc.)

Post by OrangeRibbon »

So Motor Trend has their own service for 4.99 and it has all but the last two series of top gear. I think it stopped at 25. It even has the first series that no one seemed to have online (well in the US at least).

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

OrangeRibbon wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:13 am So Motor Trend has their own service for 4.99 and it has all but the last two series of top gear. I think it stopped at 25. It even has the first series that no one seemed to have online (well in the US at least).
My brother subscribes to Motor Trend, seems to really like it. It looks like they have those car mechanic shows they used to show on TNN/Spike, which I always found to be relaxing.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Ohh I know what you're talking about. There was this off road mechanic show every Sunday morning I use to watch. If you want to check it out, they have a a 15 day trial.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

OrangeRibbon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:57 am Ohh I know what you're talking about. There was this off road mechanic show every Sunday morning I use to watch. If you want to check it out, they have a a 15 day trial.
I remember eating lots of breakfasts while watching people do auto work that I'd never try myself :olol: I think I remember that same show, because I think I watched someone build their own rock climber.

The only name I remember is Shadetree Mechanic:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Comcast gives that Peacock streaming thing for free. But I looked and it didn't have anything interesting. I was hoping it would have the entire SNL seasons, but they only have the ones from this season.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:38 am I was hoping it would have the entire SNL seasons, but they only have the ones from this season.
It sucks that we went from having all the seasons on Netflix (albeit with many sketches and all music acts cut) to whatever clips are available on YouTube/NBC. At least we had Comedy Central reruns back in the 90s.

I found a huge collection of VHS captures somewhere on the Internet, but all the episodes are broken DivX files that won't play correctly :(

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That HeyNow private torrent that started as a Howard Stern archive but grew to have tons of old TV torrents had every SNL but I never got around to grabbing them before the site closed.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I only subscribe to Disney for the Simpsons. Do they have anything else good?

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Except for the Mandalorian, the originals haven't been that great. If you haven't watched that, I'd recommend it whether or not you like Star Wars.

Other than that, it's been good for nostalgia. I've been watching all of the 70s and 80s movies that I had forgotten about, like the Apple Dumpling Gang.
The Spiderman cartoon from the 90s holds up pretty well, plus all those daytime cartoons (i.e. Rescue Rangers, DuckTales).

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The League Of Gentlemen is also gone from Netflix.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Mighty Boosh is gone from Netflix too.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Chris Lilley and the mighty boosh are overrated anyway.
The Mighty Boosh is the worst thing Noel Fielding has ever done.

Does Netflix have anything left?
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

The only thing that ever landed here in America was Old Gregg, we loved that bit back in 2007.

And Netflix? Yeah, it's not what it once was. We still have it because we're enmeshed in a complex streaming service sharing scheme. :olol: I pay for a Spotify family plan, someone else does Netflix, and a third person has Disney+. If it were me, I'd keep Spotify and go full bore back into piracy with Plex.

And I much prefer Noel in the Great British Baking Show. That show is the one reality show that I enjoy, it isn't all manic and crazy an American version would be.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Netflix is garbage. I can't remember the last good thing they had. The Ted Bundy thing was okay.

It was always going to get to the point where streaming breaks up into several services and they end up costing what a cable subscription does if you get all of them. So the people who complained about cable being too expensive and streaming was the future are screwed now.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Bandit wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:15 am Netflix is garbage. I can't remember the last good thing they had. The Ted Bundy thing was okay.

It was always going to get to the point where streaming breaks up into several services and they end up costing what a cable subscription does if you get all of them. So the people who complained about cable being too expensive and streaming was the future are screwed now.
That's if you want everything though. I just do Netflix, MotorTrend, and Plex. Sometimes I add Prime or HBO for a couple months.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:15 am Netflix is garbage. I can't remember the last good thing they had.
I have to take this back. Da 5 Bloods was a very good film.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Would have to respectfully disagree. The jumping back and forth in time killed the flow imo.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I think it worked for the film it was. I thought the big issue was Spike didn't make the cast use Just For Men beard dye in some of the flashbacks.