21 years ago exactly...

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

21 years ago exactly...

Post by Ocelot »

Yeah hasn't gotten easier with time at all.

I had Over the Edge on TV via the wonders of scramblevision as we didn't have full PPV capabilities in my neighborhood and was listening to the PPV while chatting with folks in the old #rspw IRC chat room. When it happened I remember we initially thought, and this says a lot for how jaded we were, that it was a work. Then it swiftly dawned on everyone that this was serious. Then Jim Ross said that Owen Hart was dead it it was like our guts were collectively ripped out of our bodies. I remember about 20 of us were up until about six in the morning watching Owen matches and just trying to talk through what had happened and wrapping our heads around it and going over every little bit of news that came out about it. We could not believe that the PPV was continuing. I remember all of us feeling incredibly uncomfortable at the time that this was the case.

I would really like to forget that night but I don't think I ever will.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: 21 years ago exactly...

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I wonder what he would be doing now if he was still alive?

The thought of Owen in TNA is a bit weird.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I believe Owen wanted to retire and just be a regular family man. But like what Chris Jericho was saying in 2000 you had him, Kurt, Eddie, Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit etc coming into the WWF and Owen would have had some classic matches with them for sure. But I do think, I don't recall whether it was in Martha's book or Cactus's one, but Owen did want to step away from the business so it's more than likely that once his contract was up he'd have left. Whether he'd have gone to TNA or worked the indie circuit - I don't know. With TNA he could have worked a limited schedule and that could have been appealing. I imagine now he'd have been working with his wife Martha with the Owen Hart Foundation helping people.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Here's an interview with Dave and Jim with Dr Martha Hart about the DSOTR episode and more

https://www.f4wonline.com/wrestling-obs ... art-311436