Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge Thread

Post by pixel »

Uproxx wrote:If you’ve always wanted to putt with the best of them, there’s officially a video game from The Simpsons universe that you need to try out. You probably already know that Itch.io is one of the best places to find some truly inspired indie games, and this Simpsons-inspired golf game is up there with one of the best discoveries on the site we’ve seen.

The game got plenty of attention when former Simpsons showrunner Bill Oakley tweeted about it on Saturday.

The game — Lee Carvallo’s Putting Challenge — comes from an episode entitled “Marge Be Not Proud,” the eleventh episode of the show from Season 7. In it, Bart really wants a violent video game called Bonestorm, and even tries to steal it from a big box store.

He gets caught, though, and Marge acts coldly toward him the rest of the episode as Bart attempts to regain her love. The episode ends with Bart getting his mother a picture of himself for Christmas, and Marge revealing that she did buy him a game: just not quite the one he wanted.

That game, of course, is Lee Carvallo’s Putting Challenge. And while it’s a bit underwhelming, seeing it faithfully recreated online is a true joy. Check out this hot putting action.

Who needs Bonestorm or Bloodstorm or Bonesquad or any other game when you can putt with your 3 wood? The game actually works, so if you remember the episode at all it’s a nice little distraction and a jolt of nostalgia, to say the least.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Better than Bonestorm!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

This is great! And all i've done is enter my name. Thrillhouse!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:23 pm
:rofl:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:47 pm This is great! And all i've done is enter my name. Thrillhouse!
Go to HELL! :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

MOM, Pixel’s SMOKING!
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:26 am MOM, Pixel’s SMOKING!

One of the favorite episodes ever :olol:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I wouldn’t say it’s one of my favourites.

It’s one of those episodes in the season 1-10 bracket that are just pure classic.

If you put all the episodes from 1-10 into a hat, the only chance of a shit one is a Halloween episode, but even then, there were a few years there where even those episodes were good.

So out of what, some 200 odd episodes? your chance of not getting something spectacular was about 6 out of 200.

As time goes on I can’t even say which episodes I like anymore, I can watch them all and love em from start to finish.

Last episode I watched was Bart Vs Australia. I found a huge beer bottle in my shed and showed a friend, he said “it’s pretty big!” And we both started giggling like school girls so I put the episode on.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Oh I get it, Marge Not Be Proud might not be a marquee episode except for the video game references. It gives me some strong middle school nostalgia, probably because it's a Christmas episode. Same with Bart of Darkness and the end of summer:

ian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:18 amthe only chance of a shit one is a Halloween episode
You have gone too far!! :rofl: Treehouse of Horror have some great bits! They aren't all great ... but ... Hans Moleman driving an AMC? :rofl2: