Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Wrestler Death thread

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Why is this in the wrestler death thread?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Torrie's dog was.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I have no problem with your post, but Torrie's dog was on the WWE roster. An official WWE employee. A member of Cauliflower Alley...maybe.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Mark "Rollerball" Rocco has passed away
MARK 'ROLLERBALL' ROCCO PASSES AWAY AT 69 YEARS OLD
BY F4W STAFF | @WONF4W | JUL 31, 2020 4:53 AM

British wrestling legend and junior heavyweight innovator Mark "Rollerball" Rocco (Mark Hussey) has passed away at 69 years old.

Rocco's passing was announced by All Star Wrestling, who wrote that Rocco had been suffering for the past few months: "It is with the greatest of sadness that we have to announce the passing of the one and only MARK ROLLERBALL ROCCO, after suffering for the past few months - our thoughts go out to his family and friends at this very sad time."

Rocco was the original Black Tiger in Japan, debuting for NJPW in 1982 as a rival of Tiger Mask (Satoru Sayama).

"Whether you know him as the original Black Tiger, 'Rollerball' or simply by his name, Mark Rocco left an indelible imprint on our industry," Chris Hero tweeted in tribute to Rocco. "Whether it’s versus Sayama, Fujinami, Dynamite, Marty Jones- do yourself a favor & watch a match of his today. Rest In Peace."

"It seems the sad news keeps coming these days. Very sad to see the passing of Rollerball Rocco; one of the innovators of the Jnr. Heavyweight style of wrestling that we love so dear. It was wonderful to have him as guest of honour at our first ever York Hall show," Revolution Pro Wrestling's Andy Quildan tweeted. "The original Black Tiger, a mentor for one Jushin Thunder Liger on his UK excursion. Responsible for some of the most thrilling matches of his generation alongside the likes of the original Tiger Mask and Dynamite Kid, Rollerball was one of the very best. RIP"

"I’ve woken to the terrible news that my friend and colleague Mark 'Rollerball' Rocco has passed away," William Regal wrote. "Mark was so ahead of his time and wether as himself or the original 'Black Tiger' in @njpwglobal, he, along with Marty Jones were the true originators of the fast paced, hard hitting Jr Heavyweight style we see today. In 1978 I saw a match of theirs and it took my Wrestling fandom to a different world. Becoming a friend and getting to Wrestle Mark at 18 a dream come true.

"Mark had an unbeilable work ethic in and out of the ring and my life was better for knowing him. There aren’t enough words for me to explain how much it means to me to be fortunate enough to have know him, wrestled him and explain how much he meant to the British and World wide wrestling scene and I just wished I could have one more of the hundreds of car rides I had with him 'hold court' with his wonderful stories. My deepest condolences to all of Marks family."

Source: https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestli ... old-316531

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Definitely one of the best ever wrestlers from the UK. His matches against Tiger Mask, Marty Jones and Dynamite are certainly worth checking out. Rollerball was like Dynamite, way ahead of his time.

(Fuji is Jushin Thunder Liger)

RIP Rollerball

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

RIP Mark "Rollerball" Rocco

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

RIP Kamala

He wrote a song about Pat Patterson and Brooklyn Brawler having sex.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Sad for his family, sad for his friends, hope he's found peace. I hope he made a few things right in his life, and that's all I'll say about that.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

His cause of death is being said as he caught COVID while in the hospital for another health issue.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yes I read Kamala caught Covid whilst having dialysis. He wrestled in the UK as "The Mississippi Mauler" Big Jim Harris. Nowadays his gimmick won't fly at all but he was great at it. I believe he and Hogan had a solid run where they were doing good business so he was a legit draw. Sad to hear he passed but dealing with all the health ailments he had must have taken a huge toll but at least now he's not suffering & at peace. R.I.P.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

dreamkileer
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by dreamkileer »

Extremely sad news. Bob could be seen often around Pensacola, and was just an amazing person.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Jericho said on his podcast he just learned Ralphus died earlier this year, but he was so far removed from the wrestling business nobody knew until now. His last wrestling appearance was a cameo with Shark Boy in TNA in 2008. Jericho said last year he finally found his e-mail address after years and asked him to come on Talk Is Jericho but he didn't want to do it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

RIP Ralphus

The best security guy ever.